Author Topic: CT up and running, ETO 1944  (Read 1803 times)

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
CT up and running, ETO 1944
« on: August 31, 2002, 02:15:00 PM »
Plane set is as announced, except that I did not include the Fw190 Dora.  However, available airfields has been greatly expanded, as it was just too time consuming to set it up as I originally had planned.  Remember to stear clear of those Knight fields in Europe, as ack lethality is maxed out.  Have fun, and sorry about the delay in getting this loaded up.  As always, post any problems here.

Sabre
CT Staff
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2002, 02:54:47 PM »
Just out of curiousity why was the 190D ommited? My only concern is that people might shy away from the Axis side this week because of a what might be a perceived allied advantage.  Other than that question looks like a great setup, thanks for all the work Sabre I really appreciate it, the CT is more and more becoming my home in AH.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline chunder'

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2002, 03:57:37 AM »
The 190D was omitted most likely because it entered combat in Sept 1944 while this setup is supposed to be July 1944.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2002, 11:31:52 AM »
Ahh thanks Chunder, I didn't realize there that the planeset was based on a specific month in '44.  I thought it was a more generic 1944 setup.  Thanks
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2002, 12:13:25 PM »
No 190-D9 but no spit XIV either.  I guess if i fly in the CT i'll have to stick to my 1942 spit IX in a 1944 setup......
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2002, 04:36:33 PM »
thrila, pst dude come hear.... we go in the back whear nobody can hear us....hey man it cool by me if ya like the spit just dont say so out load like that it put's people off.............:)

Offline Taiaha

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2002, 04:45:57 PM »
Yeah Sabre, thanks for the work.  Flew last night for Axis and didn't see any Allied advantage.  I was only able to stay an hour and my butt wall was pleasantly full by the end of it.:D

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2002, 12:20:38 AM »
Originally posted by thrila
I guess if i fly in the CT i'll have to stick to my 1942 spit IX in a 1944 setup......

Spit9 is a great plane in any time! 109 & 190 had only choice - run or die :cool:
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2002, 02:16:55 PM »
Why would the Allieds have any advantage in terms of plane performance?  The 109G-10 is more enough of a match for any Allied fighter (P-51D included) in the hands of a decent 109 pile-it (like that hblair guy).

I'm disappointed that the Me262 is present (tho I'm glad it's at one base only) and the Spitfire XIV is not included when it was becoming the main Spitfire in July 44.  No offence, but this seems like a decision made to cater to the anti-Spit crowd.  :(
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2002, 03:22:24 PM »
Right.

I think it's a good idea to put in the Spit14, but leave the Fw190D-9 out. I'm pretty much interested how a fight between multiple G-10s and multiple Spit14s would fare.

If Spit14 is left out due to balance, the Me-262 should be, too.

Having the Spit14 unperked just seems like it would be a horrible disadvantage to the LW, but come to think of it, the CT is pretty much different atmosphere from the MA. There aren't gonna be just hoardes of people in Spit14s ganging up on smaller countries.

The numbers would be well balanced... and though Spit14 is a excellent plane, not many people know how to fly it well. It's pretty much a death trap for rookie pilots who choose it because it seems to look like an advanced "Spitfire" (,when in truth, it's more of a 109G-10 than a "Spitfire" :D ).

So my reasoning is,

1) I feel the older machines of the LW is capable of fighting against the Spit14 to a certain degree...

2) The pilots of the CT are self-controlling folk, so it won't be all Spit14s around...

3) Historically disadvantaged match-ups were common in CT, it would add to immersion.

4) The level of disadvantage to the LW by the Allies getting a Spit14 isn't all that serious - it's not as if Bf109E-4s are fighting Spit9s.

5) I'm wanting to see multiple Spit14s in the air :) Fighting in a regular manner, instead of fighting timid & shy, MA-style.

6) The LW has a G-10 which performs closer to a K-4 than a real G-10 :) LW has good machines, too.

My vote is include the Spit14, leave D-9 out. :)

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2002, 04:57:21 PM »
109 & 190 had only choice - run or die

Ehh, yeah right, ok, sure, whatever you say :D

LW will win in the CT, Dora or no Dora, we always do ;)
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2002, 12:35:36 AM »
Originally posted by Wilbus
LW will win in the CT, Dora or no Dora, we always do ;)

You are right most probably. :) CT men more scrambling than taking fields and wins conditions are better for LW in this case.

Allied goal is to take all the Axis bases to win a reset. Axis goal is to prevent that and, if possible, to push the Allies back into the English Channel.

But it doesn't matter, right? ;)

BTW, Spitfire IX is really deadly craft in skilled hands. No, I don't mean myself, but sometimes even I feel that I can kill anyone who meet and I do it :)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2002, 01:23:25 AM by Oleg »
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2002, 01:51:23 AM »
This is my desire for the Spitfire Mk XIV:

To be able to use it in its historical context at some point.

Just to be able to use it.  You can't just use it in the MA and the one time I've seen it free in the CT the Me262 was priced at 2 perk points and two out of three Luftwaffe aircraft were Me262s.

The fact of the matter is that a 1944 Merlin Spitfire had performance closer to the AH Spitfire Mk XIV than to the AH Spitfire Mk IX.  The Spitfire Mk XIV was in squadron service in January, 1944 and had recorded its first kill by March, 1944.

The only natural opponent of the Spitfire Mk XIV is not the Me262.  The Spitfire Mk XIV engaged in much more combat with Bf109s and Fw190s than the Me262.

In the current CT setup the Me262 is free (that it was only available from one base was not apparent, I guess I got lucky on base selection).

The anti-Spitfire bias of this game and community is quite frusterating to Spitfire fans.  We're told to take a 1942 Spitfire and feel lucky that we're getting that much.  We're told that the 1942 Spitfire performs just as good as a 1944 Spitfire.  We're constantly insulted and ridiculed.

Spitfires really are horrible things aren't they.  Why, its too bad Reginald Mitchell held on against his cancer as long as he did, isn't it?
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Sancho

• Silver Member
      • http://www.56thfightergroup.com
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2002, 02:30:50 AM »
Originally posted by Karnak
Just to be able to use it.  You can't just use it in the MA and the one time I've seen it free in the CT the Me262 was priced at 2 perk points and two out of three Luftwaffe aircraft were Me262s.

In the current CT, the Spit 9 is perked 3 points and Me262 is free.  Wanna take a guess which LW plane you see the most in the CT?

Offline chunder'

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2002, 03:23:25 AM »
Dunno about you, but when I was just in the CT I saw mostly 109F4s with some 190A5s and A8s mixed in... never saw a 262 and only saw two 109G10s.