Author Topic: GTA3 Help?  (Read 745 times)

Offline aknimitz

• Silver Member
GTA3 Help?
« on: September 16, 2002, 10:26:00 PM »
Ok, I recently purchased Grand Theft Auto 3, installed it - and ready to go! But wait! - when I run the game, my guy just runs around in damn circles. I've heard there is a patch, but I cannot find one. Anyone else experienced a problem like this?

Nim

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
GTA3 Help?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2002, 10:37:01 PM »
You know you can actually chase ambulances in that game.

Offline aknimitz

• Silver Member
GTA3 Help?
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2002, 10:41:07 PM »
Aw man - I was all excited ecause I thought someone was actually going to help me - and I get here for this! hmpf

Nim

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
GTA3 Help?
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2002, 10:43:37 PM »
Ran it at the office fine, did you double check the controls? Maybe you need to reassign them?

It could possibly be using one of your other game control axis... like rudder pedals or something that's not "centered"...

I'd start there.
-SW

Offline aknimitz

• Silver Member
GTA3 Help?
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2002, 10:54:20 PM »
Yep, good call Swulfe. I finally found something on the web that said it might be another axis or something, so I just unplugged my peadls, voila.

Do you recommend that I buy a gamepad of some sort for this? Do you have any recommendations for one?

Nim

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
GTA3 Help?
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2002, 10:58:56 PM »
If you have a PS2 you can buy a PS2 to USB converter to use your gamepad on your pc

friend of mine got it and it works pretty well for him
<----ASSASSINS---->

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
GTA3 Help?
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2002, 11:23:17 PM »
Yeah here's a tip.  There's a ramp over the entrance to the subway in china town, take a fast car and jump it at a slight angle to the right and you'll land on the elevated train tracks.  Drive down em for about 1/2 a mile and a building next to the track has a flamethrower on the roof.  

Offline Kratzer

• Gold Member
      • http://www.luftjagerkorps.com/
GTA3 Help?
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2002, 12:16:50 AM »
You don't need a gamepad for GTA3 - physics are relaxed enough that the keyboard works fine.

If you start playing Mafia, you can just use your joystick to steer if you want.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
GTA3 Help?
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2002, 01:19:46 AM »
Don't forget you can take the tanks!!
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
GTA3 Help?
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2002, 10:30:29 AM »
I used keyboard Nim

Game gets boring after a few hours I found.

I hear Mafia maybe a more entertaining option along the same lines

SKurj

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
GTA3 Help?
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2002, 10:56:11 AM »
Boring???

BORING????

I get body armor, every weapon I can find, steal a cop car and go on my own rampage. It ain't boring when you have 5 stars dodging the FBI, police cars and armored police wagons... with helicopters too! Then you steal the plane, and go fly around the map doing fly-bys on people on the ground...

that's not boring, it's the ultimate form of anger management!
-SW

Offline Kratzer

• Gold Member
GTA3 Help?
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2002, 12:14:34 PM »
Mafia is more of a shooter with driving, whereas GTA3 is a driver with shooting.

Oddly, Mafia's driving is much more realistic.  You just can't go 150mph, because you have a 60hp 1930s car. :)

Mafia is my pick for game of the year - get it!

Offline Thud

• Nickel Member
GTA3 Help?
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2002, 06:54:47 PM »
You definately need to pick up the patch, it's 1.1 and makes sure that the game doesn't crash upon reloading saved games, a.o. Unless you've got 1.1 out of the store of course, there is also an audio improvement patch out. Pick up both here:

patches

It's a nice game for winding down, lots of fun...

Offline aknimitz

• Silver Member
GTA3 Help?
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2002, 10:41:54 PM »
SWulfe - shoot me an email, I need help getting started. How the fek do you steal cars - they all have people in em! I want to make out with strippers! I want to run over cops! HELP! :D

Nim

Offline Kratzer

• Gold Member
GTA3 Help?
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2002, 01:10:08 AM »
If a car is stopped, or if it is moving slowly enough, run up to the driver's side door and 'use' the car.

You will open the door, grab the hapless citizen, and unceremoniously dump them on the pavement.

Careful though, some are armed, and will pull you back out of the car if you don't drive off fast enough and bust a cap in ya.