Author Topic: Why Is The FM So Non-Challenging?  (Read 542 times)

No609Beef

Why Is The FM So Non-Challenging?
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2001, 05:33:00 PM »
HI again.I tried to change my Username for posting but get"Email Address Already Registered To A User" or something like that.I would like to change it though to avoid confusion(which I appologize for).Looking forward to joining the forum community and furthering AH to be the best WW2 online experience...Sneak a goony past Eskimo?That would be like trying to score on Curtis Joeseph..GO LEAFS!!!..

Offline Dangerous Game

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2001, 05:44:00 PM »
Originally posted by No609Beef:
HI again.I tried to change my Username for posting but get"Email Address Already Registered To A User" or something like that.

ronni@hitechcreations.com < They will delete your user name for you so you can enter your new one with the same E-add.

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2001, 11:12:00 PM »
Beef ask the new people how easy AH is. They will tell you how hard the flight models are.

I was showing a friend a while back how to fly and I was telling him I don't use the rudder pedals very much but after I was flying for a few minutes he was laughing his bellybutton off. I asked him what was so funny he said that my feet were going to town on the rudder pedals. I never noticed till he mentioned it. I had done it so much it became second nature.

I think you've just gotten used to flying so much simple things like rudder control goes unnoticed.
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline Beegerite

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2001, 12:53:00 AM »
I have never flow a high performance aircraft like a Corsair, ME109 or 190A8.   I have however flow a number of civilian s/e aircraft for around 4000 hrs.  I started flying in FA1.5 and used to think that the stall/spin model of the 190's there was extremely challenging and pretty accurate.  I love AH and fly it at least 2 hrs. every day but I would agree with you 100% One thing I do remember is that when the Chog was first introduced I had to use auto takeoff or I would wind up killing myself.  Guess this was the "ensign killer" simulation.  That is not here anymore.  As far as the 190 and 109's reputed pilot killing stall/spin and take/off landing characteristics, they are non existent.  I suspect that Fpr HTC to really get tough on the FM we're going to need one hell of a lot more subscribers so that they can create a totally separate arena for the reality junkies without killing and scaring away good paying customers.
Beeg

Originally posted by No609Beef:
I think it's important to discuss things like this without being called a troller.Am I the only one who thinks the planes seem to have a lack of stall/spin model that reduces the challenge somewhat?That's all this excellant sim is missing IMHO.

SirLoin out..

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2001, 01:02:00 AM »
190s were the unstable stalling spinning types, 109s were very stable and basically very pleasant planes at mid speeds, the heavy late 109s were harder on landing though.

Fuzzybunny

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2001, 01:14:00 AM »
Go play AirWarrior for a week then come back here. I did that for some old squad mates and it took me a week to get back to form in AH.

Offline Jekyll

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.bigpond.net.au/phoenix
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2001, 03:52:00 AM »
You are SO right about the rudders Mighty1.

Last few days I've been flying in another place which does not as yet allow me to use my rudder pedals.  I never quite realised just how much I used rudders to 'fine tune' a shooting approach until I couldn't use them anymore.

Not to mention how much I've become used to the 'Linda Blair' 6 view.  Oh boy, don't you miss THAT when its not available!

------------------
Jekyll
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"
Aces High Training Corps

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2001, 06:28:00 AM »
I remember Sirloin. Good stick.

I might wonder if you have combat trim enabled Sirloin, I have it disabled and more of the harder flying charactaristics have come out. I admit though that they are not near as pronounced as they were in the early days of beta or, for that matter, the latter stages of alpha.

I would like to point out though that it is a known fact that the more proficient you become at a task the easier it becomes to do. I think you have reached a point where you are able to do things easily that in the earlier stages of your AH career were difficult. I have noticed this in myself (ACM not one of those   ). I took a hiatus from the game for about 2 or 3 months soon after beta and noticed that it seemed more difficult to fly than I had remembered.

Familiarity often breeds contempt. Not saying you hold AH in contempt, just a figure of speech.

Personaly I look forward to the time when I can get comfortable enough to feel a task has become "easy" so to speak. I can then go on and work on other things that challange me.

I don't think making the fm difficult for difficulties sake is the way to go, but I would like to see it as realistic as possible within the constraints of "flying" on a computer and gameplay considerations.

MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2001, 09:15:00 AM »
BEEF!   LTNS buddy!

How ya bin?

Swoop here from No401 Sq.....is 609 still going?

No609Beef

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2001, 08:02:00 PM »
Hiya Swoop!..Yeah,the 609 still going.I wasn't able to convince anyone to join AH so I retired.Lots of others though from EAW...SirLoin Out<S!>

Offline Kronos

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2001, 08:26:00 PM »
I dont know about all the others here sirloin, but 3 of the hardest planes to master in AH are 190a8, p47, and f4uD.  these are the planes that most people fear flying just cause someone else has always got a better equipped or more adaptable plane.  They should give u thrills if nothing else will    

P.S. if u find 1 v 1 in these planes too easy try going into furballs with them  

------------------
Kronos
CO No. 272 Squadron "Whispering Death"
---> http://members.home.net/wchiasson/no272/

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2001, 09:01:00 PM »

the spiraling slipstream is fubar.
( that cool wind that is blasted back from the prop in a cool spiral pattern and slams into the left side of the vertical stabilizer and rudder yawing the nose left around the cg.)

should need a lot more right rudder trim/input in this sim instead of all the left rudder.

somthing is quite fishy.

but HT dosn't have much faith in the observations of real world pilots unless they have flown actual warbirds.

p.s. does a t6 texan count as a warbird?
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2001, 09:02:00 AM »
I think the spins & stalls on most planes are dumb down for playability. Until there are enough ppl for a real "real" arena, I understand the compromised FM.

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2001, 09:12:00 AM »

Originally posted by Kronos:
I dont know about all the others here sirloin, but 3 of the hardest planes to master in AH are 190a8, p47, and f4uD.  these are the planes that most people fear flying just cause someone else has always got a better equipped or more adaptable plane.  They should give u thrills if nothing else will    

From my perspective, I couldn't agree more...especially the FW190A8...if you can maintain a 4/1 K/D ratio in this consistently over tours, you're doing good IMO.

Offline Jebo44

• Copper Member
      • http://www.vmf222.com
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2001, 10:29:00 AM »
I am new to BB's haven't been around long, so I got one question? WHAT THE HELL IS A TROLL?