Author Topic: Why Is The FM So Non-Challenging?  (Read 544 times)

No609Beef

Why Is The FM So Non-Challenging?
« on: April 28, 2001, 04:58:00 AM »
Please forgive me everyone,but after flying this since Beta...I think the only challenging plane to fly is the F6F.It seems to respond to idiotic stick movement.I used to fear my joystick in AW3/WB's/EAW.I always held it too tight and yanked it too hard with the usual spin/stall that would leave me a sitting bull for pepper spray.But I fear nothing in my Spit9,or my N1K2..or my pretty much anything else.It feels like a "Relaxed Realism" arena.The only thing I seem to have to deal with are blackouts,and even then I seem to be wearing a "G" suit.(Tight jeans help somewhat..)..I can't remember the last time I stalled out in battle.(back to that Sitting Bull feeling)..I miss it.."Ooops,I fugged that wingover"..Everything else about this sim is the best..Untouchable graphics/weapons/damage/immersion..etc..everything but that elusive FM.

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2001, 05:26:00 AM »
UH?! Feels like you're wearing a G suit? The week buggers have a total blackout around 7g's!

------------------
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson
III/JG5 Eismeer

"Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighter aircraft, no matter how highly developed it may be."

Adolf Galland
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2001, 07:23:00 AM »

Try doing some rolls and turns with a G-10 at over 380 mph.. that'd be quite challenging

Offline Gunslayer

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2001, 07:59:00 AM »
Well the problem is obvious. You are flying 2 of the easiest planes to fly in aces. Its a general concensus that the FM of the N1k2 flight model is porked. The Spitfire is just a naturally easy plane to fly. Try the 109 or the p47, p38, even the f4u can give ya some trouble when you first start.

Sturm

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2001, 08:21:00 AM »
Try turn fighting in a 190 A8 or F8.  I think that is a challenge right there.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2001, 08:37:00 AM »
Why is the board so full of trolls?

How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

No609Beef

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2001, 11:02:00 AM »
I think it's important to discuss things like this without being called a troller.Am I the only one who thinks the planes seem to have a lack of stall/spin model that reduces the challenge somewhat?That's all this excellant sim is missing IMHO.

SirLoin out..

MrSiD

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2001, 11:31:00 AM »
I've noticed too that I make less stupid mistakes and stick yanking and stalling than my first weeks of flightsims..

But that has nothing to do with FM, it's about learning. LOL.

Are you sure you're not experiencing the same?

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2001, 12:11:00 PM »
Turn off Combat Trim!

------------------
Lars
***MOL***
Men Of Leisure

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2001, 12:14:00 PM »

Originally posted by Toad:
Why is the board so full of trolls?

How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

Scored a 5 at best toad. Ive seen better trolls many times before. How do you rate this guy?

ammo

Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2001, 01:55:00 PM »
Well, ammo, there is the possibility he is sincere.

However, I must admit when I first saw the post by a "no609beef" which doesn't even show a flight on the score page and it's post #7 overall I assumed it was one of the "perpetuals" out for a bit of fishing.    

SirLoin, however is apparently the player ID and is valid. So, maybe he's just new to posting here and really would like to discuss it with someone.

Sir Loin, if so, my apology. (I must say I appreciate it when guys post under their player name though. Allows me to compare what's said here with what's said and done in the actual game. Frame of reference, if you will. That's just me, I guess.)

Anyway, I nominate Funked as discussion leader.    

[This message has been edited by Toad (edited 04-28-2001).]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline 214thCavalier

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2001, 02:12:00 PM »
Perhaps for once you should take somebodys constructive comments at face value, I have known Beefy for a long time now and he does not troll.
You may disagree with his thoughts thats fine, but you really need to loosen up and stop looking for trolls within every post.
Beefy btw knows how to exploit strengths and weaknesses of differing aircraft types (something many in AH cannot) and honed his skills on a ladder at which he did very well.
He also said he finds the FM very EASY in AH because of the lack of stalls / spins and a lack of sensitivity to stick grabbing.
If you grab at the stick here your more likely to get the stop stick stirring message rather than force a flight departure.
And i guess you all missed the bit about flying AH since Beta ?
Btw Beefy flies as Sirloin in AH if you care to check his stats.

[This message has been edited by 214thCavalier (edited 04-28-2001).]

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2001, 02:17:00 PM »
My deepest apologies.

Unfortunately, not all of us have had the pleasure of knowing "Beefy" at all.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2001, 03:54:00 PM »
They had to make the FM easy for all them AW guys.    

Heh heh, and of course, dont forget all them WB converts like me too.

Dago

[This message has been edited by Dago (edited 04-28-2001).]
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Dangerous Game

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2001, 05:01:00 PM »
Hey Beef
I don't know what county you fly for but if your not a Rook try to slip a C47 past eskimo, that should help get your blood pumping again.  

------------------
DG 483rd Tactical Fighter/Bomber wing