Author Topic: Has AH ever caused a Divorce?  (Read 542 times)

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Has AH ever caused a Divorce?
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2002, 05:13:16 PM »
Check out Mrs. Tapper's post. (sorry Tap)

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2002, 05:27:02 PM »
I have forwarded that site to my ex wife..hope she enjoys it...

Offline Samm

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2002, 06:48:46 PM »
If your wife is cutting into your playing time maybe a divorce is the solution .

Offline Greese

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/greese125
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2002, 07:34:40 PM »
When my wife wants my attention away from AH, she will come up behind me, grab my joystick, then auger my plane.  

Of course, I'm more than happy to give her attention.  Usually I have pre-arranged times I devote to AH.  Used to be squad nights.  She went out with friendds, and I did AH.  Lately, life has happened to us, so I spend lots more time with her, but she is encouraging me to start up again after things calm down here (I married the right woman.  She wants me to go to the con next year, and might come along too!)

Offline loser

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2002, 09:38:58 PM »
AH has been a severe contributing factor to me going through 3 girlfriends.

So far i still talk to them from time to time:

And their names for the game:

1  "Asses High"

2   "That stupid game"

and my favourite:

3    "Aces Sh*t"

Ah, to be young and in love!

:D

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2002, 09:57:01 PM »
Man I feel bad for you guys, my broad cheers me on.  :cool:

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2002, 10:01:53 PM »
my GF would much rather have me home playing AH than being out in the bars or playing in a rock band.

she figures now I'm 'settled' down :)

mwuahaha

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2002, 10:36:58 PM »
Mine is similar, she comes up behind me, grabs MY joystick, then I auger my plane :D

Seriously, what you guys need to do is figure out how to involve her, make her feel useful, wanted, and part of your world. A woman becomes jealous when she feels shes not 'part of it'. For instance, ask her to make you a cup of tea, fetch some chips, or maybe grab a nice cold beer for you. When you feeling hungry ask her to make some food.

Eventually she'll feel part of AH too and all your problems will go away.

Originally posted by Greese
When my wife wants my attention away from AH, she will come up behind me, grab my joystick, then auger my plane.  

Of course, I'm more than happy to give her attention.  Usually I have pre-arranged times I devote to AH.  Used to be squad nights.  She went out with friendds, and I did AH.  Lately, life has happened to us, so I spend lots more time with her, but she is encouraging me to start up again after things calm down here (I married the right woman.  She wants me to go to the con next year, and might come along too!)

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2002, 04:45:29 AM »
I remember in AW3,I was in a prominant A'z squad...I was flying a goon to capture a CV.

My future wife entered the room and stood between me and my monitor(my chair on wheels..easy to push back)..I had to decide between her and my goon run...I put the goon on auto level and left to "smooth" out the situation.

Well,I eventually returned after she fell asleep and was immediatley lamblasted by my squad mates...It seems that after me squaddies had carefully cleared a path to the CV,my goon on autopilot flew directly over it.And when I failed to drop,it caused quite a stir on the squad and country chat.

The really point of the story is that one promanent squaddie told me that I should "Dump the squeak!!!..I dumped my wife and never been happeir!!!"

Well,I dumped that squad,got married..never been happier!
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2002, 05:11:37 AM »
The worst she has done was to put some toothpaste on my monitor:)

And she love giving me the Kiss Of Death (ever tried to kiss your wife in a dogfight ?)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2002, 07:01:59 AM by straffo »

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2002, 06:42:40 AM »
My wife brings me snacks and will occasionaly bring my dinner to my PC. I'm lucky... she knows this is my stress release. I scream and cuss at the monitor..throw my stick around...hop on the floor and then purposely stick my finger in a 120 socket while gurgling a soda.

She lockes me in and places a crucifix on the door... then watchs her TV programs till I get quite or I'm passed out. Once I'm out she drags my comatose body to the bed room where my dog curls up near me after deciding I'm not quite dead.

I think my AH experience at home is pretty typical.

xBAT
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

Offline Heater

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2002, 11:15:59 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort

Same, when it was, what, $5..$6 an hour? Though my biggest bill there was only $150...thats when I got the warning...the $250 bill, she cut me off for a month! :eek:

Biggest Bill VISA one month $680.00 playing AW on GENIE at $6.00 per hour. It was HiTechs Fault
HiTech is a DWEEB-PUTZ!
I have multiple personalities and none of them like you !!!

Offline DeadDuck

• Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2002, 05:46:49 PM »
Originally posted by Heater

Biggest Bill VISA one month $680.00 playing AW on GENIE at $6.00 per hour. It was HiTechs Fault

Good lord there is a name from the past!  Heya Heater.

If anyone wants to know who to blame for me, Heater is the one that trained me many many moons ago.

DeadDuck
(still a Gunfighter)

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2002, 06:52:28 PM »
For our anniversary, my wife bought me a 1/48th scale metal Spit VA (franklin mint); a Discovery Channel DVD about two F-18 squadrons training with the German Mig-29 unit, and a set of mead sports binoculars with a built in digital camera (prompted by the Chicago Airshow).

I'm not as good about making time to spend with her as I really should be, but I do make the effort. It also helps, as with MT, that she has her soap opera time and that she has grad school 2 nights per week.

Charon

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2002, 10:41:04 PM »
Big factor in the last one...but no big deal, there were deeper problems anyways.  What WAS funny about that one was she would complain about how loud it was...since at that time, I largely flew Lancasters.  She bought me some headphones so she didnt have to hear those engines rumble anymore, or Roger Wilco.

So, one night im playing along and apparently, tee hee...she got out of bed to pee, tripped over the cat and broke her foot.  I didnt know until she crawled over to me and hit me  :)