Author Topic: Has AH ever caused a Divorce?  (Read 541 times)

Offline 28sweep

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Has AH ever caused a Divorce?
« on: September 18, 2002, 01:54:44 PM »
Just wondering because my wife is fed-up w/ the hours I am logging.  AH+IL2 means trouble for me.  I know AH alone won't cause a divorce.  It is a great way to hide from your overbearing wife though.  Anyway...maybe she'll be the first to file a divorce citing AH as the main factor.  Ha ha.  Thats ok because I know I'll meet hundreds of hot chicks in the MA when I'm single.  What does the single guy fly these days to attract that special someone? NIK? Oh that reminds me...I heard that HT's got a couple of hotties on their staff.  Is that true?

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
Re: Has AH ever caused a Divorce?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2002, 02:05:40 PM »
Originally posted by 28sweep
Just wondering because my wife is fed-up w/ the hours I am logging.  AH+IL2 means trouble for me.  I know AH alone won't cause a divorce.  It is a great way to hide from your overbearing wife though.  Anyway...maybe she'll be the first to file a divorce citing AH as the main factor.  Ha ha.  Thats ok because I know I'll meet hundreds of hot chicks in the MA when I'm single.  What does the single guy fly these days to attract that special someone? NIK? Oh that reminds me...I heard that HT's got a couple of hotties on their staff.  Is that true?

Not sure about AH, but I do know one WB guy whose wife left him.

I'm having hard tim to believe that that was the only reason though. Probably just exacerbated pre-existing thing.

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2002, 02:09:42 PM »
There used to be a "Warbirds Widows" website. Look it up, it may still be there. You wife may want to join,

miko

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2002, 02:11:29 PM »
My wife tapes her soaps during the day, then kicks me out of the room while she watches them (making wisecracks about the idiotic plots tends to ruin the story I guess). This usually gives me 1-2 hours of free AH time in the evening.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2002, 02:13:37 PM »

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
Re: Has AH ever caused a Divorce?
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2002, 02:28:17 PM »
Originally posted by 28sweep
...I know I'll meet hundreds of hot chicks in the MA when I'm single.

Spoken like a true married man.  :D

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2002, 02:47:43 PM »
Heheh

"He hasn't been home in days, and when he does come home he smells of blood and engine oil. What can I do to get him back? He sometimes looks at me with his killer eyes and I don't know if he sees me or some Japanese pilot in a Niki.
I just want my Iceman back. Boo hoo...

Mrs. Iceman of CMC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me and Paradog were gonna get married this spring but now I'm not so sure. He used to let me play with his joystick but lately it seems he won't let anybody touch it but him and he won't stop playing with it:( Kesmai please give my fiancee back!

Future Mrs. Paradog of CMC "

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2002, 02:48:11 PM »
Nope, but Warbirds did, the first time my wife saw the Visa bill for $250 (small by some accounts!) she gave me that "I'm gonna make you pay, and your  gonna suffer too...." look.

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2002, 02:52:43 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
Nope, but Warbirds did, the first time my wife saw the Visa bill for $250 (small by some accounts!) she gave me that "I'm gonna make you pay, and your  gonna suffer too...." look.

Did that when AW was on AOL and AOL charged hourly for access.  But it wasn't my fault!  Wife had just had an operation and we were sitting at home every night while she recuperated.  So there I am at home with nothing to do, and there's a nice little 486DX2-66 with AW4W and an AOL connection calling me, calling me.  Such a sweet siren sound was the modem whistle.

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2002, 02:55:21 PM »
Online games would never cause a divorce, but they make good excuse. Also, never underestimate the power of denial. Its easier to think she left because of the game, than because of the mailman or tennis instructor.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2002, 02:57:53 PM »
Originally posted by gofaster

Did that when AW was on AOL and AOL charged hourly for access.  But it wasn't my fault!  Wife had just had an operation and we were sitting at home every night while she recuperated.  So there I am at home with nothing to do, and there's a nice little 486DX2-66 with AW4W and an AOL connection calling me, calling me.  Such a sweet siren sound was the modem whistle.

Same, when it was, what, $5..$6 an hour? Though my biggest bill there was only $150...thats when I got the warning...the $250 bill, she cut me off for a month! :eek:

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2002, 03:08:25 PM »
I was on the "20 hours for $20 a month" plan, and still managed to push it up around $200 the first month I was on AW.  I was cut off for a couple months, which actually was a good thing because I was busy with sports at the time, too and had been missing some training.  When I came back, it was a refreshing experience.

Now I fly AFTER she's fallen asleep on the couch watching tv.  :D

Offline senna

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2002, 04:13:52 PM »
Ive had AH interfere with a few relationships (2). Trick is to never allow anything to appear like its more important than the lady. That way she dont get jeleous which is natural for a woman I think. Then shell leave you alone unless you mess  up and play way too many hours, shell start to catch on and try to wreck your hobby.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2002, 04:14:37 PM »
(((I hate his stupid planes. Who is responsible for this sham and what is a "Moggy"? )))

LOL!!!

I havent seen this site in YEARS!  :D

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2002, 04:16:36 PM »
AirWarrior at $6/hr led to some threats but we just passed the 20 year mark. :)
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.