Author Topic: Knights are hereby put on notice.  (Read 634 times)

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
Knights are hereby put on notice.
« on: March 19, 2001, 10:09:00 AM »
As long as this ludicrous game play concession for bombers is in place, I will never again attack a bomber. With 1 exception. If and only if I have a front quarter solution will I make 1 pass. No more than 1!
I know about how to do this and do that and what angle and more than 1 fighter, blah, blah, blah. 1 bomber can drop laser guided bombs with impunity and then take out fighter after fighter because they are trying to get him quick and can't use the patience required for these monsters before he makes the field totally useless. I can't believe I'm going to say this, but Otto was better than this.

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2001, 10:16:00 AM »
Gotta disagree with you, Apache. I think Otto was much worse than the linked gun systems we have in AH. At least now, the bomber pilot can't lineup and drop bombs and man guns all at the same time, like Otto allowed you to.

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2001, 10:18:00 AM »
But wouldn't you agree that otto was less accurate? Seems I remember one could out fly otto and otto sure as heck couldn't shoot as far.

[This message has been edited by Apache (edited 03-19-2001).]

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2001, 10:22:00 AM »
Well, it depends on which "adjustment" of Otto you're talking about.

Sometime it was very accurate, sometimes not, depending on how they tweaked it.

Same applies to your average AH buff pilot. Some are deadly shots, some are not. My rule of thumb is that I know that if I attack a buff in AH, I have a 50/50 chance of coming out alive. Do I take the risk? You bet! The next sortie is only a mouse click away!  

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2001, 10:24:00 AM »
hehe. Well, I don't want to debate the otto thing anyway. Thats over and done with.

I still ain't a gonna shoot at no buff tho.  

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2001, 10:38:00 AM »
Aw, C'mon, Apache, we want to see blood!  

Offline llbm_MOL

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2001, 10:40:00 AM »
They need gunshake and more dispersion or make the buff pilot have to set his conv just like the fiters. He has to actually hit you at conv to get all those 50 cals to hit you at once.

LLB OUT!!!!!!!!!!

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2001, 10:44:00 AM »
I have to agree with you Apache.  I don't attack B-17s anymore.  Its just not worth it.

AKDejaVu

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2001, 11:04:00 AM »
Ditto. If it aint a 1 pass HO or a kamikaze cannon attack (on HQ raids only) I just wont mess with a buff.

I honestly prefer to have an otto firing each gun independantly with field ack AI than to have 37mm cannon equivalent of 1 ping by all possible guns with perfect convergence, no dispersion, at any range.

Offline Sky Viper

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.no54squad.com
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2001, 11:24:00 AM »
(scribbles note)...fly more buffs...no one is going to attack them now.

------------------
Sky Viper

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2001, 12:22:00 PM »
One pilot I “heard” referred to B17’s as “Death Stars”.  I have to agree.  I had silently decided to let bombers pass, nice to know I’m not the only one.  Wish my 51 guns had the strength the bombers seem to have.  I’ll take a snap shot, and even sometimes I’ll get suckered in, but my engagements with these things are definitely going to drop.

Zippatuh

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2001, 12:23:00 PM »
I was flying Ta-152 in about 30k searching bombers when I saw a buff in a little lower.
I made a good attack, ping ping ping and wing-tip was gone...
It flyed well but I crashed in landing so there went 50points.

If I remember correct buffs armament are "Tuned Up" thus giving them a better change to survive in arena so why not also give better strenght to planes wings, bigger punch to small cal MGs and faster speed to slow planes so they can survive too?

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2001, 12:30:00 PM »
If I see a buff all by itself out away from bases, I ignore it.   It is certain death.

If I see one with a friendly already on it, SOMETIMES i'll help him.  Other times I still ignore it.

If I see a bomber near our base, I follow it and kill it while it is dropping bombs.  He can't shoot back while he is dropping his bombs       I have maybe two or three bomber kills tghis tour, and I killed them all in this situatiuon.  

Needless to say, whatever base I am over still gets hit.  Oh well.  It'll get hit anyway if I'm flying a flaming piece of junk with no wings.

J_A_B

[This message has been edited by J_A_B (edited 03-19-2001).]

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2001, 12:39:00 PM »

Originally posted by banana:
I think Otto was much worse than the linked gun systems we have in AH. At least now, the bomber pilot can't lineup and drop bombs and man guns all at the same time, like Otto allowed you to.

AFAIK, real bombers could do everything. BTW, HTC should make bombers tougher and Brownings less lethal. Adjustable OTTO was better (did I say THAT?  ) than this krap. Moreover 30K pinpoint bombing should not be allowed.
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Titanium

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2001, 12:45:00 PM »
Hiya's,
       Hope this don't get nasty but........
Go and fly Buffs guys say for 1 week as often as you can, Then judge for yourself about the guns etc
I know Buff guns may seem 100% lethal but if like me you fly em and fighters and ride vehicles you kinda get to figure that balanced out it aint all one sided to the Buffs

Just a thought

Also just to add and this is just my thoughts and only mine..........who on earth would fly Buffs if they could be killed 100% of the time by a fighter ?
Kinda no need for em at all if they were too easy to kill

Hey Beefcake  come n back me up please !!!  

All i come to AH for is to have Fun n Giggles with a great group of misfits called the Musketeers and all the other guys i've got to know........  ps   Cowin wears a Tutu !!!!
Now have Fun n go kill a Buff  

Tit