Author Topic: Gunning down ejectee's  (Read 1944 times)

Offline HFMudd

• Nickel Member
Gunning down ejectee's
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2002, 09:26:35 AM »
I get a kick out of trying look around and see the planes attempting to shoot me.  You don't often get a chance to really take the time to see what the planes look like from the front.  Enjoy it while the chance is there.

For myself, I don't bother with chutes unless they are very high.  In that case I hose them down out of mercy if I don't have to go to far out of my way.

Offline Dingbat

• Silver Member
      • http://mysite.verizon.net/res0v1l1
Re: Re: Re: Gunning down ejectee's
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2002, 09:27:05 AM »
Originally posted by Xjazz

Noble Allied (US) pilots NEVER shoot chutes?

:rolleyes:

Yeah right...

Anyway, chute shooting in Ah is totally waisting of ammo, nothing else.

I guess in my allied pride, I'd never considered the other side of the coin.  Though I'd love to see some linkage for informative reasons.

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
Gunning down ejectee's
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2002, 09:33:31 AM »
In any case the Americans actually started the whole murdering pilots while hanging in their parachutes when they arrived in the ETO. It wasn't common practice for the LW to do that as they thought it was despicable not only that considering they were greatly outnumbered it would have been foolish and not practical trying to kill a parachuted pilot when you have 19 other enemy aircraft on your ass.

Bomber crews and fighters pilots a like took pot shots at the chutes. The Americans were the murdering bastards in any case. But of course that little dirt is shun under the rug of history.

Bring it on squeakes!

Offline Dingbat

• Silver Member
Gunning down ejectee's
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2002, 09:34:04 AM »
Originally posted by HFMudd

For myself, I don't bother with chutes unless they are very high.  In that case I hose them down out of mercy if I don't have to go to far out of my way.

perfect chance to get a cold one :p

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
Gunning down ejectee's
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2002, 09:41:00 AM »
Originally posted by Glasses
blah blah blah

Lol Glasses, maybe you should have read to the bottom of the post before replying?

-Sikboy
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Gunning down ejectee's
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2002, 09:41:35 AM »
I think a lot of the chute-shooting is done to stimulate whines on Ch 1. for their entertainment value.

Either that or just to remind everyone that this is indeed a game.

I guess if HT had any nobility, honor, respect, character, etc. he'd have just made chutes bulletproof. Right?

But since he didn't......... we get these threads.

Let's march on the Bastille in grapevine demanding bulletproof chutes!!!!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
Re: Gunning down ejectee's
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2002, 09:45:36 AM »
Originally posted by Dingbat
So you eject from a plane, on your way down the person makes another pass and shoots you dead.  I know the germans did this in WWII.  Is this generally accepted behaviour is AH?

Not only is this accepted by all but a few whiners, it's expected. :D  Chutes provide a use to the .30 class weapons on many planes, and are often good for a whine on ch1.

Seeing as you lose virtually nothing by dying in a chute, and gain little by bailing, it's really only a psychological effect.  Who cares about comparing it to the real world?  In the real world someone dies, in here, you just get to shoot them down again sooner.

Offline Shiva

• Silver Member
      • http://members.cox.net/srmalloy/
Gunning down ejectee's
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2002, 10:41:27 AM »
In AH, well, uh, yeah. Pilots on the ground can serve as controllers for their side. Pilots in the air make nice targets, and shooting someone under canopy can have the effect of pissing them off, with often very satisfying results for the next several sorties as the shootee tries to attack from a disadvantage.

Generally, you can assume that someone who bails and falls as far as they think they can and still get the chute to open is bailing to get back and take off again; the ones that bail and immediately pop their chute, particularly over a hotly-contested field, I generally consider to have given notice of 'intention to FAC', and deserve to be shot up ASAP.

Offline Seagoon

• Gold Member
      • http://www.providencepca.com
Gunning down ejectee's
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2002, 10:53:28 AM »
This one is fairly simple to work out, if you struggled to get 3 or 4 kills and then got shot down after a hard fight, and bailed wouldn't you want to be able to land your chute safely? It's a Golden rule issue, treat your fellow pilots in the manner that you would wish to be treated. Also, the angry whines that result are never worth it and make everyone else's life miserable.

BTW - I can almost stomach it when the guy who flew my tail off and shot me to pieces shoots down my chute. What is a little more irritating though is when after a good fight some dweeb who wasnt even near us comes over to use my chute as target practice.

- SEAGOON

PS: And yes, as the WORST pilot in AH, I do have a vested interest in this. ;-)
SEAGOON aka Pastor Andy Webb
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Offline DamnedBuzzard

• Zinc Member
Gunning down ejectee's
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2002, 11:48:35 AM »
Originally posted by Toad

Let's march on the Bastille in grapevine demanding bulletproof chutes!!!!

Hold on just a minute there Herr Toad. If I'm gonna go marchin on any Bastille, Grapevine or elsewhere, I need a better cause.

I want the guy in the chute to issue an audible moan and scream as I fly by him like they used to do in AW. Now there's a cause worth marchin for.

Offline Turbot

• Silver Member
Gunning down ejectee's
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2002, 11:51:00 AM »
If the guy in the chute is/was doing dweeby stuff, if at all convenient,  he shall die (Especially a chute sitting on ground watching enemy planes)

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
Gunning down ejectee's
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2002, 12:20:32 PM »
I still don't understand what makes the chutes so volatile and explosive? I'd rather see a flailing body dangling in freefall from a shredded chute after I pepper it with lead....or a spray of red across the front of my windscreen if my aim is really good :)

Offline Dingbat

• Silver Member
Gunning down ejectee's
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2002, 12:28:02 PM »
To add one more piece of detail, I bailed then popped my chute at about 500-1000 agl.  It wasn't like I was hanging out at 7k ft.  Not to mention I was no where near a base.  It being the first time someone shot me down in a chute I guess I was a little perturbed.

Offline Seagoon

• Gold Member
      • http://www.providencepca.com
Gunning down ejectee's
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2002, 12:41:50 PM »
Ah, the end of morality in the West. No one even seems bothered that:

A) In reality, shooting chutes is a cowardly and vile thing to do
B) The man in the chute is defenseless
C) This isn't exactly sportsmanlike behavior

I'm glad this is and blowing up totally non-combatant buildings as a game objective (churches, etc.) are the only war crime simulations available in the game, otherwise I shudder to think what else we'd be considering "fun." I'm just glad there isn't an Allgemeine SS sim out there yet...

- SEAGOON
SEAGOON aka Pastor Andy Webb
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Offline akak

• Silver Member
      • http://www.479thraiders.com
Re: Re: Gunning down ejectee's
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2002, 12:42:26 PM »
Originally posted by Sikboy

Filthy Murdering Nazi's :eek:

-Sikboy

Don't say that to Glasses, he might get his jack boots all scuffed up.

ack-ack