Author Topic: Gunning down ejectee's  (Read 1940 times)

Offline Shiva

• Silver Member
      • http://members.cox.net/srmalloy/
Gunning down ejectee's
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2002, 02:36:02 PM »
i wait till i get to 600-700 feet then bail out and immediatly open the chute

You're clearing out of the combat area and trying to survive. It's the yahoos who get shot up at 5,000', bail, and pop their chute immediately so they get a birds'-eye view of the area to feed back to their buddies that you need to go after.

There is a simple solution to the problem of the chuteFAC (people who bail and then sit in their chute and on the ground playing forward air controller) -- as soon as you bail, you lose the ability to send or receive radio traffic (maybe keep receive, but definitely lose send) until you exit flight and are back in a tower. No radio send, no chuteFACs, and people will go back to bailing to survive a shootdown, rather than gaming the game to be able to use their better visibility to direct the battle after they bail.

Offline JB42

• Nickel Member
Gunning down ejectee's
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2002, 02:53:57 PM »
Personally, i don't shot chutes. The longer they hang there, is one less enemy to deal with. I wish more people would eject. Preferably from about 12k. That way they're outta the action for some time. :)
" The only thing upping from the CV are lifejackets." - JB15

" Does this Pony make my butt look fat?" - JB11

" I'd rather shoot down 1 Spit in a 109 than 10 109s in a Spit." - JB42

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
Gunning down ejectee's
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2002, 03:39:52 PM »
2. What was the attitude towards enemy pilots in each theatre - hated Germans more than Japanese? Feared Japanese more than
Germans if captured? Which pilots seemed to have the better training?
A: We respected the German opposition. They were the enemy and our job was to kill them and they us, but I never felt hate. In the case of the Japanese we were fed lots of horror tales about their behaviour and were lectured by those who had had personal experience of their atrocities. We thoroughly disliked the Japs. and we adopted a no-holds-barred attitude to our combat. We would have shot them down in their parachutes but I never saw a Jap bail out.

excerpt from alan pearts interview on this bbs.

Offline DamnedBuzzard

• Zinc Member
Gunning down ejectee's
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2002, 05:24:40 PM »
Originally posted by Seagoon
Ah, the end of morality in the West. No one even seems bothered that:

A) In reality, shooting chutes is a cowardly and vile thing to do
B) The man in the chute is defenseless
C) This isn't exactly sportsmanlike behavior

I'm glad this is and blowing up totally non-combatant buildings as a game objective (churches, etc.) are the only war crime simulations available in the game, otherwise I shudder to think what else we'd be considering "fun." I'm just glad there isn't an Allgemeine SS sim out there yet...

- SEAGOON

Speaking only for myself here but, what bothers me more Reverend is your apparent inability to differentiate a computer game from reality.

Offline Miska

• Copper Member
Gunning down ejectee's
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2002, 06:33:01 PM »
And here we have one of the major cultural differences between the MA and the CT.

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
Gunning down ejectee's
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2002, 06:38:50 PM »
Yep, historical pilots will shoot down chutes.  It's realistic AND fun.

Offline DeadDuck

• Zinc Member
Re: Gunning down ejectee's
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2002, 06:45:04 PM »
For whats its worth BlueBaron in AW (many many many MANY years ago) used to compile a golden parachute award list every camp.  The person with the most bailouts was....ummm....not looked up to.  Even making the list was a disgrace:)

DD

Offline Rotorian

• Nickel Member
Gunning down ejectee's
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2002, 06:49:00 PM »
Originally posted by Fatty
Until innocent civilians running in terror beneath my hail of gunfire are implemented, chutes are the best target available.

I like the way this guy thinks.

Offline Rotorian

• Nickel Member
Re: Re: Gunning down ejectee's
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2002, 06:49:55 PM »
Originally posted by DeadDuck
 Even making the list was a disgrace:)

DD

Ya, and you were on it :).

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
Gunning down ejectee's
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2002, 06:52:35 PM »
Originally posted by DamnedBuzzard

Speaking only for myself here but, what bothers me more Reverend is your apparent inability to differentiate a computer game from reality.

I thank Whomever that my friends in the damned let me always kill the cult center at the town. It is my favorite symbolic thing to do.:}
Why does the the bailer wear that little explosive belt if its not so we can make him blowup?:rolleyes:
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline poopster

• Silver Member
Gunning down ejectee's
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2002, 07:00:50 PM »
Well...

They blow up real nice..

Stuff blowing up when I shoot it is why I'm here.

It took me awhile to figure out what that squishy sound was when hanging in my chute..

Well..

They blow up real nice....

and will continue too..

I have no shame..

...or have no shane ??

Well...

They blow up real nice..

Offline Rotorian

• Nickel Member
Gunning down ejectee's
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2002, 07:04:25 PM »
Originally posted by Miska
And here we have one of the major cultural differences between the MA and the CT.

You mean there is no chute shooting (say that really fast 100 times) in the CT?

'Cause my gunnery sucks and I need practice. :)

Offline Miska

• Copper Member
Gunning down ejectee's
« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2002, 07:20:04 PM »
No, in fact there is, but it is much less prevalent and taken much more seriously.  For example, in a historical event recently (pretty much same people as in CT) one 880 FAA pilot was shot at in his parachute by a JG2 pilot.

The reason that we "care" about chute shooting, is that it actually has an effect on us.  The Sierra Hotel board on the squadron's website shows our performance in historical events, minus our deaths.

While I think most of us recognize that shooting at parachutes is a historically realistic thing to do, we also understand that it is something serious.  If one squadron starts doing it, we all stand to suffer (if not in our lives, at least in our stats).  All I can say is:  Check 6, JG2.

Offline DeadDuck

• Zinc Member
Re: Re: Re: Gunning down ejectee's
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2002, 09:36:15 PM »
Originally posted by Rotorian

Ya, and you were on it :).

Hah as if.  Well actually yes.  I was typically one of the ones on the honor list that had zero or 1 bail (disconects counted as bails)

DD

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Gunning down ejectee's
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2002, 09:57:42 PM »
All I can say is: Check 6, JG2.

You couldnt hang with jg2. Check 6 lol gimme a break the least experienced guy in my squad would whup you good and then shoot your chute so the rest of us could vulch you when try you to re-up.

If you see a red R on the nose of the 190 that just flamed you just ride it  out. Then you wont have to worry about getting shot in your chute.