Author Topic: Gunning down ejectee's  (Read 1941 times)

Offline Dingbat

• Silver Member
      • http://mysite.verizon.net/res0v1l1
Gunning down ejectee's
« on: September 24, 2002, 07:25:20 AM »
So you eject from a plane, on your way down the person makes another pass and shoots you dead.  I know the germans did this in WWII.  Is this generally accepted behaviour is AH?

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
Gunning down ejectee's
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2002, 07:29:01 AM »
Well since it's a game people don't tend to care about their virtual lives as much I figure.

At one point I used to get bent about getting shot in my chute but then I lightened up and now I shoot em for fun.

I guess whether or not it is acceptable depends on if Aces High is more a simulation or a game for you
<----ASSASSINS---->

Offline Dingbat

• Silver Member
Gunning down ejectee's
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2002, 07:37:31 AM »
Good Point, I guess I get a little to immersed in the action.  I guess I'll get over it.  I take refuge in the fact it took this guy 10 minutes to shoot down a severly damaged b-17 :) and almost made him fly into a mountain.

Offline OZkansas

• Nickel Member
Gunning down ejectee's
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2002, 07:39:02 AM »
They make sure you don't end up spying by sending you to the tower:)

I encourage chute shooting, it wastes the nme's ammo:)  Just wait I understand we may be getting .45's to shoot back!!

Offline Dowding (Work)

• Nickel Member
Gunning down ejectee's
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2002, 07:39:38 AM »
P-51 drivers, La-7 drivers and Spit drivers are all valid targets in my book.

Although usually, I save my ammo for their myriad of friends still flying around.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
Gunning down ejectee's
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2002, 07:49:45 AM »
I have 3 or 4 kills in my chute this tour from guys trying to shoot me down in it.  I think it is so funny when that happens...and couldn't care less if they manage to kill me.

I try and wait until the last possible second to pull the ripchord..that way the chute-shooters must be very careful that they don't auger in.  I am getting very good at this fine art.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
Gunning down ejectee's
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2002, 08:09:09 AM »
I've been known to make single passes on chutes, particularly when I'm already RTB.

Slightly off topic, last night I was going to do an end-run on Bish HQ, which required flying over Rookville.  P51 comes out, kills one lanc, wounds pilot.  He goes home smoking.

Spit comes out, dies a horrible death.

Second lanc explodes due to wounded pilot.

F4U comes out, dances with me at 2.5 to 3.6 range for 20 minutes, but will not close up.  Finally the third plane blows up due to wounded pilot.

Fine.  Now I'm annoyed with the Rooks.  Up in an LA5, go kill the nearest F4U which I suspect was the same one that was dancing around my Lanc (don't think he was a real experienced pilot; he died stupid for extending without checking his low six).

Play around with a P51 and sundry other enemy aircraft, finally get smoked by a 190.  On the way back to base I run across a chute.  I'm still annoyed with Rooktown, so I took a shot (missed) at him on my way by.  No big deal.  I won't strain myself going after chutes, but if the opportunity presents itself...

It's quite common to have people strafing me while I'm hanging.  Bish got me last night after I ran into one of their raids.  Again, no big deal.  I'm pretty good at timing my open so I don't hang for very long  :)

By the way Rooks, that was a fun fight last night.    :D
//c coad  c coad run  run coad run
main (){char _[]={"S~||(iuv{nkx%K9Y$hzhhd\x0c"},__
,___=1;for(__=___>>___;__<((___<<___<<___<<___<<___
)+(___<<___<<___<<___)-___);__+=___)putchar((_[__
])+(__/((___<<___)+___))-((___&

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Re: Gunning down ejectee's
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2002, 08:22:11 AM »
Originally posted by Dingbat
So you eject from a plane

no one ejects from a plane in AH.  your jet-sim dweebism is showing.

:D
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
Re: Gunning down ejectee's
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2002, 08:26:44 AM »
Originally posted by Dingbat
  I know the germans did this in WWII.

Filthy Murdering Nazi's :eek:

-Sikboy
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
Gunning down ejectee's
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2002, 08:41:59 AM »
In WW2, pilots from all sides engaged engaged in chute-shooting at some time.

In AH, well, uh, yeah.  Pilots on the ground can serve as controllers for their side.  Pilots in the air make nice targets, and shooting someone under canopy can have the effect of pissing them off, with often very satisfying results for the next several sorties as the shootee tries to attack from a disadvantage.

Offline Xjazz

• Gold Member
Re: Re: Gunning down ejectee's
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2002, 08:43:11 AM »
Originally posted by Sikboy

Filthy Murdering Nazi's :eek:

-Sikboy

Noble Allied (US) pilots NEVER shoot chutes?

:rolleyes:

Yeah right...

Anyway, chute shooting in Ah is totally waisting of ammo, nothing else.

Offline Tabasco

• Copper Member
Gunning down ejectee's
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2002, 09:00:44 AM »
Something to keep in mind, although I may be wrong, is that after you jump from the plane and BEFORE you open your chute, you're still showing your aircraft's icon.  And since you're not smoking or showing damage, you momentarily appear to be a healthy enemy plane (although you're going straight down of course), so you're gonna get shot at.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Re: Gunning down ejectee's
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2002, 09:13:30 AM »
Originally posted by Xjazz
Noble Allied (US) pilots NEVER shoot chutes?

:rolleyes:

Yeah right...

That was my point lol. Sorry, been reading the chute shooting/plane toughness/superthread over in the A&V forum, got caught up in the tribalism!

-Sikboy
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Gunning down ejectee's
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2002, 09:15:40 AM »
shooting the cowardly bailers at the end of their chutes is good gunnery practice and as you can see.... quite a skill.

I like to wait to shoot them until they are allmost touching the ground so that they have the longest possible time to reflect on their cowardly action.

what kinda wuss, score potato would bail?
lazs

Offline Dingbat

• Silver Member
Gunning down ejectee's
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2002, 09:24:58 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
what kinda wuss, score potato would bail?
lazs

ME :) Just cause I'd bail in real life too!  Bear in mind, if you think I'm riding my ride into the dirt, you must be nucking futz.  Real or otherwise.