Author Topic: P51 Runners...  (Read 1451 times)

Offline TheManx

• Copper Member
      • http://4wingonline.com
P51 Runners...
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2002, 03:32:05 PM »
I'm trying to learn the p-51 and find that it's just not a great low e turnfighter at all. It's got a terrible stall temperment in loops and in low speed turns. That's probably why so many of them avoid a turnfight at all costs.

To put things into perspective for people who fly Spit 9, imagine that almost every plane you ran into in the arena was a A6M. Would you adjust your flying style to account for the fact that your plane has now become a B&Z plane?

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
P51 Runners...
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2002, 03:57:14 PM »
i hate it when lala7's run away from my p51,why do they run , why don't they turn and fight me, what a waste of time, why isn't the p51 faster, i think it should be faster and the la7 slower, why do spitys always turn when i get behind them ,don't they know it makes it hard for me to shoot them, mumble mumble mumble

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
P51 Runners...
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2002, 04:10:45 PM »
I have nothing against the "51 runners".  However, some of the people who fly the P-51 in such a manner (15K-plus strict BnZ) should consider choosing a different aircraft.

Like a couple of 51's I faced today.....a HO attempt, extend out of icon range while his wingie makes a pass, then turn around to make another HO pass.   I managed to get coalt with one of them and turned to give chase; although I was 1.7K out its pilot immediately dove for the deck.  The other one simply left at this time despite still having a signifigant E advantage.

What's the POINT of flying the 51 is you're going to fly like that?  The P-47/190A-8/Typhoon/F4U-1D is a lot better suited to that sort of strict BnZ.    For a BnZ aircraft, the P-51 isn't very tough and has a smallish ammo load.  Not saying you can't BnZ with a pony.....but if you do, you're definately not flying the plane to its strengths.  The P-51 is better suited for a sort of cross between BnZ and E-fighting, where you stay within a couple thousand yards of your opponent and fight for position rather than HO's.

J_A_B

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
P51 Runners...
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2002, 04:17:48 PM »
Originally posted by Hwkeye
I miss 'Loose Rivets"

Hwkeye

This is the only thing of worth in this thread.

Unless you (speaking rhetorically now) are paying my AH bill you have nothing to say about how or what I fly. I also do not care what anyone else uses to play this game. Get a LIFE  for crying out loud! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
P51 Runners...
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2002, 04:19:19 PM »
Originally posted by J_A_B
Like a couple of 51's I faced today.....a HO attempt, extend out of icon range while his wingie makes a pass, then turn around to make another HO pass.   I managed to get coalt with one of them and turned to give chase; although I was 1.7K out its pilot immediately dove for the deck.  The other one simply left at this time despite still having a signifigant E advantage.

hehe, ain't that boring ;)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2002, 05:23:01 PM by MrLars »

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
P51 Runners...
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2002, 05:25:44 PM »
Originally posted by Maverick

This is the only thing of worth in this thread.

Unless you (speaking rhetorically now) are paying my AH bill you have nothing to say about how or what I fly. I also do not care what anyone else uses to play this game. Get a LIFE  for crying out loud! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yup, I'll just call them on their dweebery on Ch1 from now on...just wish I could name names then so their countrymen will know who they can count on :D

BTW, I have a life and it's absolutly wonderful...thank you :p

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Gentlemen, Gentlemen, Gentlemen!
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2002, 06:28:53 PM »
This thread is clearly about P-51 Runners that are boring.

The numerous FW-190 runners should be dealt with in a separate thread.

The hordes of LA-7 runners must be addressed in their own thread as well.

Spit runners and Spit turners would be best abused separately from one another and each in THEIR own thread as well.

In fact, any aircraft that is capable of sustained speeds in excess of 250 knots in level flight should be accused and demeaned in clear, specific threads that do not overlap.

Thank you for your courtesy in keeping this BBS well organized.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
P51 Runners...
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2002, 06:32:08 PM »
Originally posted by dtango
Fly what you like, fly it the way you like, and don't let anyone dictate to you how you should fly ;).

Tango, XO
412th FS Braunco Mustangs

Attempts to steal my signature line will be dealt with by a crack team of patent attorneys.

While you did try to disquise your blatant theft of my time-honored admonition, it's clear that the intent is the same and that is what I patented with the AH Patent Office a long time ago.

Consider this a "cease and desist" notification.

;)

How ya doin' T? Hope all is well.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
P51 Runners...
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2002, 07:03:24 PM »
Originally posted by MrLars
Yup, I'll just call them on their dweebery on Ch1 from now on...just wish I could name names

that's what alt-r is for. the stand alone viewer *will* show names.

:D
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
P51 Runners...
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2002, 07:13:11 PM »
Originally posted by Shane

that's what alt-r is for. the stand alone viewer *will* show names.

I was refering to being able to ID them and announce who the runners were in the game....

YaeasymodeLa7loudmouthedDWEEB :D

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
P51 Runners...
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2002, 11:06:41 PM »
alr- r.....  3-10 secs...  alt-r....    look aorund, sky clear...  alt-tab... click on AH film viewer icon.... open film... watch film... id lamers... close film and viewer, re-enter game... press / and type  "ahhhh so them lamer running stang weenies w/o a clue were so and so... duuuhweeeebiiiieeees"

i do it alla time.

Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline dtango

• Silver Member
P51 Runners...
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2002, 12:02:58 AM »
Toad- Oh is that where I got that from??? ;).  Guess your siggy has done a wonderful job of subliminally brainwashing me!  Actually I thought of your sig but couldn't remember what your exact words were so just I just paraphrased :D!

On another note whiners on ch 1 whining about someone running away can be classified in one of the following families of whiners:
[list=1]
  • dweebus idioticus - since they obviously have no grasp of air combat by maximizing the strengths of one plane and exploiting the weakenesses of the other
  • dweebus immaturus - since they obviously resort to the laughable kindergarten technique of name calling to try and get a response
  • dweebus insecuritus - since they obviously are really insecure individuals and aren't man enough to accept their own choices and goofs but need desperately to nurse their bruised over-sized egos by explaining them away
  • dweebus napoleanus - since they obviously believe that they should dictate what someone else flies and how they should fly it

All in all as you can see these whiners are just a bunch of dweebs ;).

Just some food for thought ;).

Tango, XO
412th FS Braunco Mustangs
Tango / Tango412 412th FS Braunco Mustangs
"At times it seems like people think they can chuck bunch of anecdotes into some converter which comes up with the flight model." (Wmaker)

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
P51 Runners...
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2002, 12:50:32 AM »
Boy,,,,, How DARE anyone not fly the way mrlars WANTS them too. Doesn't every player know the game absolutely revolves around him?????:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That's why he wants to tell everyone that another player isn't playing by the rules! Some life.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Tango, I believe  you have summed it up nicely. I think in this case it is a case of dweebus magnus since he covers a couple of those categories you mentioned.
;)
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
killin
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2002, 01:13:03 AM »
Shot down 28 p38's to only 4 losses in my pony Bug...I try not to drool when I am at my computer.. but often have difficulty with this regardless of what I'm doing..I'm not certain, but it might have something to do with my Denise Richards desktop theme.

Steve
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
P51 Runners...
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2002, 03:16:00 AM »
I like the p47 above 20k
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)