Author Topic: Channel 1 situation  (Read 517 times)

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
Channel 1 situation
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2002, 11:36:03 AM »
Originally posted by Zippatuh
Oh yes, nothing better than a political debate raging channel 1 :rolleyes:

We need the permasquelch but that’s not going to help much for hblair’s presented case.

Maybe some muting privileges should be given out to some individuals that have been in AH for awhile.  I know that’s another can of worms but there are several veteran squads out there with players who have been online long enough they have the respect of quite a few.

AH police corps!  Step up and be counted!  :D

Agreed.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
CH1
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2002, 12:24:26 PM »
That SSwaffen thing is perplexing...I mean I can understand why some may find it offensive.  What I don't understand is the guy's attachment to the name..he wasn't in the unit, claims to have no relatives that were.. said "it's just a name."  If so, why would he have such trouble changing it.  I'm not saying that someone should change their behavior every time someone gets their feelings hurt.. but there seems to be at least a nominal consenus that this guy's name is in bad taste.  Last night a guy came on with the name:  Flynazi.  People immediately jumped him for having that name. I tried to politely tell him on ch2 that I understand his love of German planes but the term "Nazi" has a connotation entirely different than "German".  He promptly told me to "F&*% off" So much for the constructive approach.
I've also heard some vets complaining that there are too many new people.  I thought, " Are you F%&*$#% kidding me?" People leave the game for various reasons, which means with no newcomers, the game will die out.  As trying as some new people can be, it is incumbent upon the vets to welcome them and help them as much as is practical and within reason. As a guilty member of the ch1 squeakers club, I am making a determined effort to curb my negativity and promote a fun communty...I think it is a good suggestion that the rest of my "club" follow suit.

Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Re: Channel 1 situation
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2002, 01:20:46 PM »
Originally posted by hblair

i disagree with the suggestions to enlarge the ch1 gestapo - too often it's about who one knows as opposed to what one's saying.

:D

now the perma-squelch thingy... i could go for that - it's a proven winner in other MMPOG's.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2002, 01:23:05 PM by Shane »
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2002, 01:36:13 PM »
Last night skuzzy came on in blue text, carries on a proffesional conversation, everybodys acting cool.
Yeah, a "visible presence" in the arena makes all the difference, doesn't it?  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Re: Re: Channel 1 situation
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2002, 02:19:11 PM »
Originally posted by Shane

i agree with the suggestions to enlarge the ch1 monitors, often it's the reputation a few morons like myself have created for themselves as opposed to what one's saying.

I agree.

:) ;) :D :p :)  

:rolleyes:

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Re: Channel 1 situation
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2002, 02:46:50 PM »
I agree that people like me who abuse CM powers in an arena they had no authority in should never again be allowed any sort of official powers and should serve as an example of how the gestapo can go bad.
:) ;) :D :p :)  
 :rolleyes:
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
Channel 1 situation
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2002, 02:57:21 PM »
Shane, your buttons are so easy to push it aint funny. :) Go back and read your cry thread. Most people sided with me. I wonder why.

How many times a week do you get muted now in the MA?

It's all a conspiracy though isn't it? You never did any wrong, just the system keeping you down huh?

Now go mow the grass.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Channel 1 situation
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2002, 03:04:05 PM »
Shane, your buttons are so easy to push it aint funny. :) Go back and read your cry thread. Most people sided with me. I wonder why.
How many times a week do you get muted now in the MA?
It's all a conspiracy though isn't it? You never did any wrong, just the system keeping you down huh?
Now go mow the grass.

you ready for the honest answer to that question?

zero, zip, nada.

i haven't been muted in quite some time, before even the last "warning" which was quite a while ago - remember the bw thread about "warned for 'being annoying"" ?

i guess the follow ups with the ch1 cops were effective for the most part in where people with the ability, as well as the *authority* to issue mutes and warnings have been instructed to issue them only in cases where they're truly needed and deserved, not merely an effront to one's milquetoast ass.  thanks for being instrumental in that.

go back to war birds if you liked the way they handled it so much.

:)

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
Channel 1 situation
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2002, 03:25:09 PM »
i guess the follow ups with the ch1 cops were effective for the most part in where people with the ability, as well as the *authority* to issue mutes and warnings have been instructed to issue them only in cases where they're truly needed and deserved, not merely an effront to one's milquetoast ass.  thanks for being instrumental in that.

That's your assumption anyway. You have no idea what, if any affect your rants on bigweek had.

go back to war birds if you liked the way they handled it so much.

That is humorous seeings how this same crew was over there, and how I've been here since this game began and you're a refugee. ;)

Have you mowed the grass yet?

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Channel 1 situation
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2002, 03:33:49 PM »
That is humorous seeings how this same crew was over there, and how I've been here since this game began and you're a refugee. ;)Have you mowed the grass yet?

almost as humerous as the realization that it *all* (WB, AH) descended from AW - but of course, you keep failing to acknowledge that, which is why you squeak so...  squeakily.

HT combined two passions to bring to realization his third, kudos to him and his crew; i'm sure they're grateful for the increase in business regardless of the source.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2002, 03:39:45 PM by Shane »

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2002, 03:37:55 PM »
Originally posted by Flossy
Yeah, a "visible presence" in the arena makes all the difference, doesn't it?  :)

Flo that would entail common sense:}
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
Channel 1 situation
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2002, 03:52:10 PM »

almost as humerous as the realization that it *all* (WB, AH) descended from AW - but of course, you keep failing to acknowledge that, which is why you squeak so...  squeakily.

What? What does that have to do with anything ? Did you help code air warrior or what? I'm perplexed here. Go back and read what I posted. You need to have a clue what you're talking about before you pull the old "AW wuz first!" card. Sometimes it doesn't apply. (imagine that)

Unless you have something of some kind of value to add I'm done with you here. Don't feel like playing "gotcha!".

The whole point of this thread was to get input on how to maybe make channel one's content less of a freakshow.

Offline DeadDuck

• Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2002, 04:17:17 PM »
Input?

This the same guys who jumped MY bellybutton for saying the same thing?

DD

Offline palef

• Gold Member
Channel 1 situation
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2002, 04:22:53 PM »
Come on guys, can't we all just get along?

This is starting to look like the Channel 1 buffer :D

palef
Retired

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2002, 04:39:05 PM »
Originally posted by DeadDuck

This the same guys who jumped MY bellybutton for saying the same thing?
DD

but, my good man, you didn't come from WB.

lol