Author Topic: Aces High Pilot Rankings? How Good Are You?  (Read 1004 times)

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
Aces High Pilot Rankings? How Good Are You?
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2002, 09:18:26 PM »
All of the above, depending upon the situation (with the exception of class 1), are required elements of main arena flying.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2002, 09:21:00 PM by Voss »

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2002, 10:54:35 PM »
need a new class...

7. Pompous windbag who won't be found very far from friendly acks if not in a 50-plane mission to an undefended base. Prefers to sit in gv's or any non-flying piece of equipment and safely shoot at approaching enemys and will end mission obtaining a ditch or successful landing at the slightest sign of any return fire. Values K/D above all while maintaining a below average K/T and K/S. Has illusions of grandeur by trying to be an uber-generalissmo. Refuses any challenges to duels as it might expose their general inability to handle a plane. Games the game by managing to obtain a good ranking in the safest manner possible by safely milking enemy strats well behind friendly lines, shooting friendly objects while in attack mode and sitting in pt boats in heavily defended task groups. Prefers to kill enemy ground units, preferrably panzers while participating in the 50-man missions, refusing to even attempt to get close to enemy base untill all acks are down.

:D
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline SNA

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2002, 10:59:09 PM »
For those of you having problems understanding things... Murdr has written a wonder FAQ here:  http://pilotrankings.aceshigh.furballcentral.com/faq.phtml

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2002, 12:16:56 AM »
Originally posted by Shane
need a new class...

7. Pompous windbag

Pompous: too serious

Windbag: a person that talks too much

You're talking about yourself in the third person again Shane. The same way you did when you told me "*they* added a 7th Class just for you Voss." *They* being your own fingers I suppose.

A very fanciful imagination you have there, Shane. It sure sounds like you spend a lot of time dwelling on scores and imagining how your opponents beat you. There's something you've missed though, and it's the hole in the 'Shane Theory of Rank.' You can't get kills from 20k while in a mission and killing panzers, and even if you did, it wouldn't give you rank. What is it to you if someone else has fun by staying alive and getting a good K/D? It bothers you? Get over it.

You want rank? Go kill stuff. Kill everything. Enjoy every type of mission there is and get good at it. You die? So what! Do it five more times and succeed!

Oops, now I've told you. I bet it doesn't sink in, though.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2002, 12:31:15 AM »
it's not just for you.

I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2002, 01:16:13 AM »
LOL Are you calling Voss a class 7- or, even more importantly, does Voss recognize himself as a class 7??

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2002, 01:27:17 AM »
Obviously not, Shane. None of it describes how I go about playing Aces High, at all.

I have no idea what an 'uber generalisimo' is, so you might elaborate. I quit setting up missions (if that's what you mean), because even though people think my targets are a good idea, we don't succeed.

I accept challenges, just not from you.

Enemy strats, by definition, are not behind friendly lines.

How the hell does shooting friendly targets help you get rank? It does no damage, and damage/sortie can often decide the attack category.

I prefer to ATTACK PT boats, rather then drive them. They blow up real nice, but the perks gained are not as good as FLAKs. PTs are good perks too, though. However, in the attack department I prefer killing FLAKs. They are dangerous as hell to attack, but they are very rewarding as well. NOT safe.

I regularly attack fields even with ack up, and prefer to be the first mission aircraft to get to the field. That way my eggs aren't wasted.

Nope, you're not talking about me.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2002, 01:37:05 AM »
Originally posted by Voss

lol

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2002, 01:38:40 AM »
Don't you love the way the Class 7 guys are in denial? They hold up their hairy palms in denial of their mastrubation.....

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2002, 01:56:34 AM »
Essay: The Story of My (AH) Life

I was born a Class NONE, and then started AH as a Class 1.

With some practice I thought I could reach class 5.

But soon, I realized I was a Class 2, normally in a Class 4 situation, getting my butt handed to me by Class Cuckoos. So I tried my hand at class 3.

But I wasn't doing too good. I found out I was a Main Class 1[Rooks], getting banged everytime I up by the Main Class 2 [whatever else] guys.

Ahh... shi*.

So, I realize all I can be, and all I ever will be is a Class 6 wanna-be with a Class: pompus windbag attitude.  :D

It suits me well!

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2002, 01:57:56 AM »
Whats an 'average' K/T?  I've always considered my K/T to be somewhat low, it is generally my worst rank of all the categories.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2002, 01:58:52 AM »
when I was younger, I tried my hardest.. heheh... to get hairy palms.. never worked.  I'm convinced it's a myth, not through casual dismissal, but via thorough and lengthy scientific experimentation.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2002, 02:29:44 AM »
Originally posted by Shane

lol

Out of support you better bail.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2002, 04:31:29 AM »
Originally posted by Voss
Out of support you better bail.

naw, i'm not a k/d weenie.

just admit to flying ultra weenie-careful - it's the first step in the program.

:)

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2002, 09:15:58 AM »
Originally posted by SNA
Nevermind I found it...  I dont really like that... I guess I could set up bars instead of numbers... kinda cheesy looking.

Where did you find it? I looked for it yesterday and apparently it wasn't up. :confused: