Author Topic: I'd like to congratulate everyone that killed me  (Read 856 times)

Offline AN

• Copper Member
I'd like to congratulate everyone that killed me
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2001, 08:37:00 AM »
Vermillion:
--------------------------------------
Do I like to get gangbanged? No, of course not. But whenever I do, I just ask myself, "Who got themselves into a position to get gangbanged?". Ummm..... could it be yourself?
---------------------------------------

Sure, every time I take off in a 202, or a zero, or any other slow plane in the MA, there's no doubt I'm gonna get trapped by all the fast planes.  Especially when radar is down.

Doesn't make for fun arena play, but what the hell, arena play sucks all around, anyway.

Night before last, I decided not to get gangbanged, took off in a D9, and, after a couple of rearms, landed a 12 kill mission.  Bored the crap out of me.  Not a good kill in the bunch.  They were all either vulches, or kills of guys gangbanging on the deck.

When I fly in AH, not in an event, I want to practice my fighting skills to prepare for any upcoming event.  I don't want to spend all my time either being gangbanged, or attacking gangbangers.  I've had enough practice in that area already.

anRky

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2001, 08:43:00 AM »
Urchin's  wingman is grounded till I get my stick back x36 hats were porked waiting for replacement in mail.

Urch
Sorry mate.................... :(

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2001, 09:22:00 AM »
Urch I agree on the la7 oil leak problem. I had hit an La7 on the oil cooler we flew around for 15 20 in in a dogfight and at then end of it he just flew away unharmed. I was flying with HT that day in his P262-51.

Offline Naso

• Silver Member
      • http://www.4stormo.it
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2001, 09:44:00 AM »
Glasses, your signature is awesome!!!  :)

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2001, 10:17:00 AM »
Urchin Fariz is right.we cant stop people playing how they like.We can frown on it but thats about it.I dont gangbang with those packs of hyenas because even if you do kill the plane one of the others steal it or flies into your bullets killing you.
I cant stress enough how much squad flying improved my game enjoyment.theres nothing better than flying in 4's or more and having the other 3  wingmen holding fire and only helping when you need or ask for it.Hell i really dont mind getting assists when i know a fellow squadie has the kill, eventually it all evens up.
If you need a group to fly with urchin keep an eye on jg54 and if you see 3 or more on ask to join us for a bit.
Im sure you'll enjoy our flights/fights  :D.
sounds to me urchin that you have come to the single player burnout stage.Every fight is against the odds,you get real good at evasives, even spectacular at times! :P but the game starts to annoy when even flying well you just cant avoid so many shooting at you.
Time for a few missions or squad flying or the CT.
I think that will help you get the fun aspect back.

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2001, 10:36:00 AM »
afaik i dont think anyone here (cept for a few exceptions) pays for anyone else.

it's their money, they can fly the way they want to fly.

you get in a 12v1 situation you darned well are at fault for putting yourself there.
<----ASSASSINS---->

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2001, 11:01:00 AM »
<YAWN>

This is getting sooooooo tired... please change the record, brother.

[ 10-01-2001: Message edited by: Dowding ]
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2001, 11:08:00 AM »
The more back there, the merrier. They usually shoot themselves down at some point, or they run into the ground.

Atleast when chasing me. <G>
-SW

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2001, 11:33:00 AM »
Originally posted by Urchin:
The fight was pretty short, only about 1 minute or so- but I know for whoopee sure none of the planes I fly will take a hit to the oil, extend 6 kilometers from the base inbetween FIVE more ack runs, and have enough left over for a short dogfight.

F4U – takes a licking and keeps on ticking.  I’ve had oil hits and traversed over 30 miles of terrain before she gave out.  Indeed I could have made 5 AA passes and have in the past stayed around for dogfights and made friendly territory safely.

A question would be, how many proximity kills did Larry get from folks auguring trying to hit him?  I would bet at least one.  Also, why was Larry in a position where he could get 12 or so combatants on his 6?

Zippatuh

* EDIT - wrong mile amount 30 not 40 *

[ 10-01-2001: Message edited by: Zippatuh ]

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2001, 11:39:00 AM »
Just an FYI, becuase there are very few people who fly the La5FN like the La7- or perhaps even better- you would be less likely to know that the La5 lasts just about as long leaking oil as the La7.
-SW

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2001, 12:05:00 PM »
Sure, every time I take off in a 202, or a zero, or any other slow plane in the MA, there's no doubt I'm gonna get trapped by all the fast planes. Especially when radar is down.

Thats my point.

If you don't want to get gangbanged, don't fly a slow plane or set yourself up to get low and slow.

Its all a matter of choices. If you choose to get in a TnB aircraft, because you like to turnfight, I don't see much how you can complain, because you know exactly what is going to happen.

You can't make people play the way YOU want them to play.

highflyer

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2001, 01:33:00 PM »
I just think its funny when Im in my Mighty 202 and I have 10 guys trying to kill me.  :D

I mean.. I wouldnt want to threaten their existiance with my Uber mighty perk plane  :rolleyes:  :D hehehehe

I also like to fly into a group of 10 guys and come out killing at least 5  :D its satisfying flying an Infieror plane winning against better ones  :)

Offline Steven

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/barking.pig/puke.htm
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2001, 01:47:00 PM »
It happens to everyone.  I've been flying the F6F a lot the past month and don't think I've not seen a bazillion red icons behind me.

Offline AN

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2001, 01:51:00 PM »
Vermillion:
-----------------------------------------
Its all a matter of choices. If you choose to get in a TnB aircraft, because you like to turnfight, I don't see much how you can complain, because you know exactly what is going to happen.
------------------------------------------

It *is* a matter of choices--choices I don't have.  You said it best, if I fly a 202, I'm gonna die.  Where is my choice to fly an airplane aganst its contemporaries?

My choice is to fly in the MA, there is no other.  CT is empty, DA is empty or closed, events are...

Well, I don't like to complain about events, because they are what I'm here for, and I'd really like to say nothing that's not positive about them, but--they're just a small shadow of what I grew accustomed to, in fact even took for granted, in AW.

When I switched back to AH in January, I did it because I saw a web page I hadn't seen before, http://events.hitechcreations.com  that promised all this great stuff to come.  Scenarios, 'check six' events, snapshots...

Since then, there's been *one* scenario, HS (as opposed to *four*, I think, in AW) -- the snapshots I attended, (not gonna say something bad, so I'll just say nothing)-- check sixes, never was able to attend one, now they're no more -- and TODs, well, TODs have a few problems now, but I can tell they're gonna be great!  (I hope, if enthusiasm keeps up)

Where's all the neat stuff that should be going on in a thriving sim?  All I see is the crappy MA.  An arena full of just a few aircraft, in a sim that has lots of interesting, fun rides--that all die in the situation they're put in, not by the pilots' choice, but because there *is* no choice.

~sigh~

anRky

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2001, 02:30:00 PM »
I'm trying not to be cynical here, but this post is, IMO, a waste of bandwidth.  Why??  Simply because the poster has the choice to either put themselves in that position or not.

To whine about events that are a direct result of their decisions is just sad.

And Arnky, if you are saying that there are no choices in the MA, then you are not using your imagination enough.

Cobra

[ 10-01-2001: Message edited by: Cobra ]