Author Topic: Quiting  (Read 1172 times)

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Quiting
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2000, 10:21:00 PM »
Quote this...

[QUOTE/][QUO/TE]
[/B]
[/b]
[QUO/TE][QU[QUO
TE]OTE]/
[QUO/TE][QU
OTE]
[QUOTE/][QUO/TE]
[/B]
[/b]
[QUO/TE
[QUOTE/][QUO/TE]
[/B]
[/b]
[QUO/TE
[Q/UOTE]
b[]b
[QU
OT]
[QUOT
E]
[QUOT
E]

(Image removed from quote.)

Offline wells

• Copper Member
Quiting
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2000, 10:24:00 PM »
Ram,

What do you expect people to say back when you say that you don't like it?  Surely, the majority will disagree with you?  It's really not that much different and many probably think that you haven't spent enough time with it to absolutely make up your mind that you don't like it.

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Quiting
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2000, 10:27:00 PM »
What do I expect?...nothing. I state my opinion just as the others state theirs.

If someone says "I disagree" then it would be ok...But after i FIRST said "well I dont like the FM so far" I got 4 consecutive "whiner" replies.

That is a disagreement? DOnt think so.
That is to jump on someone because he holds a different opinion on a matter than you have.

And it was not because it was me. Other people had EXACTLY the same problem.

Hblair, you are a clown. you showed it 2 days ago with Garrido (supong) and you do it again now.

[This message has been edited by RAM (edited 09-08-2000).]

Offline llbm_MOL

• Copper Member
Quiting
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2000, 10:32:00 PM »
E fiteing is "E" Fiteing. just becuase they made it where the lower planes can bite back you can still e fite. Now you just cant turn with them at any time. You have to go for the alt again instead of doing quick rolls to get on their 6. Now your going to have to set up you shot over and over again till you get him. This is REAL "E" fiteing. Before if you had ANYTHING on ur 6 with alt you had to blow all ur e to get him to miss his first pass and you were going to be very dead on his 2nd pass. Didnt matter what he was in. NOW~!!!!! the guy on the bottom has a much better chance of actually biteing back. I like it as this is more challenging for both partiees involved. the B&Z'mer and the poor schmuck on the bottom! As with all new things that come along people start talking toejam the first day its out. I would suggest (as one who has been very guilty of doing this)we all give it a week or two before we start talking toejam. Unless you come across a bug, in which case you post it on the Bug's page on the BBS.

LLB OUT!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by llbm_MOL (edited 09-08-2000).]

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Quiting
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2000, 10:35:00 PM »
Nath, that has got to be one of the lamest squeakes ever.

Maybe this is realistic, but it certainly isn't challenging.

What is that supposed to mean? Like real flight models are disappointing?

Geez, I can see you taking real flight lessons. Would you put water in the gas, wear a eye patch, tape over the pitot tubes, and land with one engine just to make it more challenging?

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Quiting
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2000, 10:35:00 PM »

Originally posted by llbm_MOL:
I would suggest we all give it a week or two before we start talking toejam.

where did I talk toejam about the new FM?...I say it is accurate, I say it is correct I say it is a wonderful work.

but still I dont like it.

Is that "talking toejam" about the FM? really is my english so bad?

this is really annoying, and depressing  

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Quiting
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2000, 10:41:00 PM »
You cant be serios RAM. I fought you using e fighting and  beat you then I lost to the niki with you cause I tried to turn with him....E fighting tactics will still be appropriate much of the time...Shooting is harder cause people can wiggle more.
2 hours is not enough to tell.
Nath...you will probably have to develop a new edge if you want the success you have had...
Hope you both stay.

[This message has been edited by Pongo (edited 09-08-2000).]

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Quiting
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2000, 10:47:00 PM »
Sorry to see you go Nath and Ram.

------------------
Doug "Pyro" Balmos
HiTech Creations

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
Quiting
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2000, 10:48:00 PM »
RAM, I flew the P-38 an hour ago from my neighbor's system (heh, he actually dragged me from the pool to tell me the new FM was out!   ) and I can tell you, E fighting is now TRUE E-fighting.

Before this new FM all pilots needed to do (and knew AND RELIED on) was to make the other guy break hard to one side or loop once or twice and their kill was served on a silver platter. This new FM is IMO, MUCH more challenging (nate hope ye read this) not because "we now have E" but because that fact makes you plan out your attack with what you know of the other guy's plane and possible E state. I saw evidence of this during my flight, I got jumped by a 30k spit (what else?) in my 22k P-38.. I had to do a hard right turn with nose just a bit below the horizon to evade it... what did the spit do? it rolled hard over pulling up, believing me to be completely out of E and convinced of an easy kill. I got him with a belly shot as he tried to level and nose down to gain speed. Talked with the pilot he couldn't believe I could have turned AND climbed after him after I did that turn.

I myself died because of that same assumption.. those Yaks sure as heck retain lotsa E now on a climb+turns! Got my bellybutton flamed real bad.

Its real challenging to ACM now, the flight model is just about right, CTrim messes up your turn fights (ow ow) so turn it off before them and remember that E=MC^2  / D(E(state)=MPH * Circles turned divided by (level of)Dweebishnes) *G*

funked

Quiting
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2000, 10:51:00 PM »

[This message has been edited by funked (edited 09-08-2000).]

funked

Quiting
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2000, 10:56:00 PM »
Tac how would combat trim mess up your turn fight?

Offline rosco-

• Copper Member
Quiting
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2000, 10:58:00 PM »
   Not going to comment on anything yet (well other then the lancaster, just beautifull). Cant form an opinion in just 1 night but I will say with about an hour logged so far, I had a blast!

You guys are stuck with me... I aint quitting!!!!!!!!

<S> Hitech and crew. and thanks for the Lancaster, shes a beaut. Dropped a 4k egg, blam goes the hanger   I love it I love it

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
Quiting
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2000, 11:20:00 PM »

Originally posted by Creamo:
Nath, that has got to be one of the lamest squeakes ever.

Maybe this is realistic, but it certainly isn't challenging.

What is that supposed to mean? Like real flight models are disappointing?

Geez, I can see you taking real flight lessons. Would you put water in the gas, wear a eye patch, tape over the pitot tubes, and land with one engine just to make it more challenging?

LOL  

Nice one Creamo.  

I can only add:
    Gulp down a pot of coffee 30 minutes before your 1.5 hour aerobatic flight lesson.

I wish HangTime would jump in to this silly thread and tell everyone "Things will be OK"

HeHe!  

------------------
Mino
The Wrecking Crew

"My Motto: Just have fun!!!! "
Swager

leepace

Quiting
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2000, 11:49:00 PM »
Molders here (for once   )

As i have said to many people (lost COUNT )

Its JUST A GAME........ If yhings were so realistic we`d all be dead.. Heavens forbid..
But with that its still just a game and as such should be treated as such... Relax enjoy and smoke that bastard on your 12 O`clock. HT has done a grand job and i for one ENJOY the Sim for what it is NOT what it SHOULD be ie REAL LIFE.. Anyway said my piece thats all..   Chin up fellas the worlds not ending (unless i fart in your general direction)  

MOLDERS OUT.........

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Quiting
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2000, 11:56:00 PM »
RAM,

First off, try to project yourself forward a few weeks from now.  Realize your perspective will have matured some, and that you will have a more rounded feeling, content, peaceful.......flowing like a river to the sea, in harmony with creation...

there you go  

Ok, are you new at online flight sim/games?

Have you been at it for some time?

I was a dweeb once, twice, then three times.
Point is, grab a board, catch a wave and go surfin!

Yeager
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns