Author Topic: Ultra realism for new Mission Arena?  (Read 758 times)

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Ultra realism for new Mission Arena?
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2002, 12:46:40 PM »
Originally posted by ergRTC
Guns are not the problem.  It’s just that america has more idiots per 100,000 people than any country in Europe (don’t believe me? Watch UPN, FOX news, or the WB for 2 minutes, or even better prime time broadcasting).  It just happens that the less intelligent a person is, the more import is place on being able to blast small furry or feathered animals.  I personally enjoy the history and engineering of weapons, but defending my right to keep my 22 and 410 (which have about 3 inches of dust on em) to kill defenseless little animals is lame.  

The right to own firearms in the US is purely a left over from a fear of the government no longer behaving 'for' the people and 'by' the people.  Back then (early 1800s) a person could own a weapon that could match anything (besides a cannon or a warship) the government could produce.  That is no longer possible, and although Red Dawn was a great movie and really inspirational to all the .22 toting teenage paramilitants, it is not feasible to protect yourself from an overzealous government without growing a beard, living in caves, and moving to Afghanistan.

As far as the game is concerned, any new additions that confound peoples arcade ability in flight should be optional and in the CT or the mission arena.  They should be there though.

Somebody move the O'Club?
sand

Offline Turbot

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2002, 12:52:50 PM »
Originally posted by ergRTC
The right to own firearms in the US is purely a left over from a fear of the government no longer behaving 'for' the people and 'by' the people.  

Read these stories of idiots defending their homes.

Offline fffreeze220

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2002, 01:01:43 PM »
Hello ?????

Wrong thread
Freeze

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2002, 01:09:27 PM »
hehe, sorry.

Offline cajun

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2002, 08:25:10 PM »
Why is everyone calling it a "Roullete wheel" its NOT RANDOM. We are talking about actuel reasons for things failing or jamming..
If you dont do anything that might make your guns jam they wont.
If you dont run the engine and 100+ throttle then it wont fail.
etc. etc.
Everything happens for a reason, so just model it that way...
This will of course be OPTIONAL, that way if ppl dont like certain things they can be turned off.
Gun / Engine overheat models i think should start off simple, like all engines of a certain type (example hurri' and spit engine) would have the same failure model. same with guns, but may want to make all of the same caliber the same, unless a certain typ of gun was known to be very very reliable or unreliable, then just model that one a little different.. this way HTC wont have to code too much extra, so it wont take much longer to develop planes.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2002, 09:21:26 AM »
what's the matter erg... can't find the o club or.... just afraid?
lazs

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2002, 09:31:20 AM »
still trying to pull the hook out...

hold on a sec..;)