Author Topic: Arrogant Unnecessary B.S. in the MA  (Read 1709 times)

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
Arrogant Unnecessary B.S. in the MA
« on: November 14, 2002, 11:41:36 AM »
What really gets me while writing this post is the plain arrogance of some people.  I understand that fooling aroung and playing games is one thing, but flat out arrogance is another.  Fighter Pilots should be brash, and to some points even egotistical, it was necessary for their survival.  Know you are the best, and there is that much more wind behind your sails.  But here in the MA, we all have to live together.  Country mates should support one another, not try and lecture their own all knowing attitude to those that are there having a good time.  My biggest beef, the reason for this post finally coming out, is an action brought about by Fariz today in the MA amongst the BISH.

The situation is as simple as this: we, about 10 guys were moving CV 31 to field 45 for a field capture, this had been going on for the better part of a 1/2 hour.  The people involved were having fun, the reason I, and am sure most of you play the friggin game!!!  Well, then Fariz shows up, takes the CV away from us, and says HE is tired of having to lecture us about how we should play the game.  Well, you know Fariz, we all pay the same.  The CV was not in ANY danger, and you just arrogantly ruined the fun for 10 others even after you were nicely asked to turn the CV N again.  I am sorry, but that is just plain arrongance, and has no place here.  

Regardless of your score, you should show some concern for the others in here, as our $14.95 a month is the reason the game goes on.  Yes, there are a few really good players in here, they game the game to it's upmost, and garner wonderful scores in reward.  Then there are the masses, those that are here to try and enjoy a few moments while pursuing an interest in WW2 aviation.  Well guess what, we, the mass that are here for fun, support AH.  This is something that definitely needs to be addressed, as it really takes away from game play, and just ruins the fun for the amajority when people like Fariz act like that.

I am truly disappointed that people have to be like this....
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2002, 11:46:21 AM »
If your disgruntled, come to Knights, we never have fights over the CV (Tongue-in-cheek)

Offline Manedew

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2002, 12:04:40 PM »
Fariz is typicaly, in my experaince, a level-headed guy.  I've seen people waste CV's by thorwiing them at a feild that is not Cap'd;

So I ask you, was it cap'd? or did fariz possibly save the CV?  I'd save the CV in his postion.       I think .. a live CV 8 miles out is better than a dead one 1 mile out (about where it has to be for LVT spawn)  

Of course i don't and can't know the details; but if it wasn't a cap'd field, I can see why he would turn it, common sense to AH vets.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2002, 12:05:05 PM »
Already have Ripsnort.... sad to have to leave your friends to go have fun because someone is a know it all.

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2002, 12:13:52 PM »
Baaaa...come back you wienie. :)

xBAT
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2002, 12:16:55 PM »
You went KNIGGIT!?!?!  What is the world coming to?  :D

Offline Pepe

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2002, 12:21:14 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
If your disgruntled, come to Knights, we never have fights over the CV (Tongue-in-cheek)

Naaaa....you should come to Rooks. We never have CV to fight over...  :D

Cheers,

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2002, 12:40:37 PM »
So I ask you, was it cap'd? or did fariz possibly save the CV? I'd save the CV in his postion. I think .. a live CV 8 miles out is better than a dead one 1 mile out (about where it has to be for LVT spawn)

Actually it was about 15 out, but we were cappin it, and getting ready to launch the assault when he took it... there was no threat to the CV, just a bunch of guys having fun, and Fariz lecturing that we were not playing properly according to him... that and "How tired he was of lecturing people about the way to play the game!"  

Well, you know what, FEK YOU Fariz... we pay our $14.95 too, and it does not include spending our days attacking defenseless bases...

Offline akkobek

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2002, 12:43:29 PM »
Ya god knows we need more nitwits. I dont know you but i do know fariz and trust his judgment. Did that door hurt ?

Offline MadBirdCZ

• Nickel Member
      • http://home.worldonline.cz/~cz088436/
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2002, 12:49:38 PM »
Um... Bodhi... Are you absolutely, 100% sure it was Fariz? This does not seem to be possible to me... Why would a guy like Fariz take the CV from you? Everyone knows that monster TYPHOON raids can NOT take off from the CV... :D

;)

Offline MrWulf

• Zinc Member
arrogant
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2002, 12:50:03 PM »
Ohh look, akkobek,   Fariz's Biatch spouting off for him. We're not all sheep like you to be led around by a collar. You trust his judgement which says alot for you. Poor lad.

Offline gatso

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2002, 12:52:50 PM »
I was on at the time as a Bish. I have to say that I agree 100% with Bodhi.  Fariz, Nice guy that he may be, has been pissing me off lately with all the ordering about he generally does.

This little incident was pure rank abuse. He had just logged on, had no intention of using the CV, was moving it for the sole use of denying an assault on a, in his opinion, 'worthless' base and made that clear when asked to relinquish command. I was having a crappy morning and this was the last straw. Logged.

The CV command thing needs to be adressed. No one person should be able to dictate to the rest of the communtiy how an asset like a CV gets used.

Gatso

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2002, 01:23:08 PM »
Maybe its worth it to have an "eject commander" vote of some type.  If 10 people vote for it, the commander is banned from commanding that CV for an hour... or two.

AKDejaVu

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2002, 01:25:35 PM »
A complaint I have had from the start of player controlled CV action is too many guys are so afraid of losing it, they take it and make it an inevectual part of the game.  Whats the point of having it if you won't take it to a fight???

I dont know what Fariz did, but another others have ruined the fun of many because they were so fearful they ran the dang thing away.

If you cant stomach risking a lose, find another hobby, this game/sim is about killing and dieing, taking and losing.

dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2002, 01:26:18 PM »
Maybe its worth it to have an "eject commander" vote of some type. If 10 people vote for it, the commander is banned from commanding that CV for an hour... or two.

Good idea!
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"