Author Topic: Arrogant Unnecessary B.S. in the MA  (Read 1712 times)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Arrogant Unnecessary B.S. in the MA
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2002, 03:02:07 PM »
Fariz may have felt he had a very good reason to take the cv but the consequences that arise from taking control from another player (other than one who is deliberately trying to get the cv sunk) are usually not worth the strategic gain, imho. Look what Fariz accomplished:  he imposed his will (right or wrong) on not just one, but a group of players.  These may have been players who needed an education in how to properly position a cv but Fariz went about it all wrong.  Instead of learning proper tactics, these players learned(from their perspectives) that Fariz is an arrogant bellybutton and they learned nothing more.  Had Fariz let things be, and the carrier subsequently sunk, Fariz could have driven his point home without stomping on anyone.  Even saying nothing would have been effective as the cv noobs would have been quite aware that they brought the cv in harm's way and paid the price...probably a lesson learned.  Instead they got bullied by a guy who pays no more than they do to enjoy a game. Many vets rail against all the noobs and AW'ers.  The population will diminish through attrition should no new blood enter the game. If Fariz has his way, this will be assured. Thankfully, last I knew, Fariz wasn't a rook..my run ins with him have been far from pleasant.  Some of you admirably defended your friend Fariz as being a nice guy.  If he is, I haven't seen any of it.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline X2Lee

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2002, 03:04:18 PM »
Originally posted by Bodhi
Sax...

And as for any others that  think Fariz is a "wonder General" look at how he acts, he is an arrogant, pompous ass... do you really want to be a part of that?  I think not, I will fly for fun, not strat, not war wins, but for fun, and guess what, far more of us are here for that more than anything else........

Yeah just come Knights we have manners...

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2002, 03:11:56 PM »
Normally, I would say that Fariz is a big sissy, but for this act of spite, he deserves a .  Bravo Fariz!  :D

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2002, 03:46:36 PM »
Originally posted by Pepe
Naaaa....you should come to Rooks. We never have CV to fight over...  :D

Cheers,

HEHE :D :D :D  Good one
My current Ace's High handle is spro

Offline MadBirdCZ

• Nickel Member
      • http://home.worldonline.cz/~cz088436/
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2002, 03:55:21 PM »
Originally posted by sax
I agree Bohdi, the MA is for the user to do as he pleases.

And thats exactly what Fariz did... Like it or not. And if you do not like it... well fly better get higher rank and do as you please.

Originally posted by Steve
Some of you admirably defended your friend Fariz as being a nice guy. If he is, I haven't seen any of it.

Hmm, how long did you say you fly Aces High again? From September 2002? Hmm... Well that probably makes you know Fariz very well... :rolleyes:

Really, although I really HATE his Typhie missions (and all other TYPHIE missions Bishops are regularly throwing in not only commanded by Fariz)... Fariz always was someone I respected and loved to fly with in times when I was still flying for Bishland and now, after I have seen the truth and am flying for "other" counties... Fariz still is one of my most highly respected enemies out there! Although I usually die when I encounter him... :D

Originally posted by Bodhi
... So ya know what, that little arrogant man, behind the monitor in some crappy third world country, ...

I really don't like this tone... Actually it seems like you think that you can say that freely since you are a big arrogant american? Oh well...

But it seems like Bodhi must be an exception because I have quite a lot of friends in USA and they are all cool... Hmm... Must be the ego thing again...

Offline VOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2002, 04:01:57 PM »
This reminds me of my son and daughter never agreeing on who gets to play with what. I guess the biggest difference is that their vocabulary isn't as extensive as these adults.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2002, 04:16:16 PM »
Wotan, it is nothing but plain and simple being an arse that Fariz exhibited when he took the CV.... as I said before... the CV was in no danger, and people were having fun, thats the IDEA HERE... we were having fun, and Fariz acted like an A S S H O L E, and ruined it because he felt he knew better, he did not use the cv for a more valiant purpose, he just did it so we would do what HE wanted... thats the whole reason for this post.

The cv isnt safe at 45 while the nme owns 28. If folks see the cv over at 45 a few smart guy head to 32 and take it.  Then some suicide dive bombing buff takes the cv from you.

At 45 it is not into a position to defend its port or home island. You seem to forget about cv54. 90% its head south on the west edge of the map toward p32. By the time you get 45 p32 can be captured.

From a tactical stand point Fariz is 100% right. As for gameplay theres nothing stopping anyone else from lowering their rank and taking the cv from him. Slip AG a few dollars he will put his rank up for rent :) Maybe Brady and lazer as well :)

I find it hard to believe that sending the cv 50 miles out of position to capture an undefended base , that is as easily taken from 24 anyway, was the only way to have fun. Every minute/mile east you send the cv east then CV54 moves south.

I dont fly cv planes and could careless if they were removed from the game but the way ht designed it rank gives you cv command ability.

You claim fariz just wanted to ruin your fun. Its just as likely that he sees the samething I would see. If you take take the cv east you expose your main island to invasion. Which is unnecessary given the other various points of attack.

From 24 you can get 45 and 48 then move to 28 then send you cv north toward the nme main island or 47.

Sailing the cv into the gap near 45 puts you in close range of 3 nme airfields. Theres also a vbase.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2002, 04:17:17 PM »
"my preciouusssssssss" :eek:
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Madbirdcz
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2002, 04:22:28 PM »
Actually I didn't say how long I've been around but it goes farther back than September.  I didn't say I knew Fariz at all.  I didn't say Fariz wasn't a nice guy or any of the other superlatives you and anyone else would like to use to describe him.  Let me repeat it for you:  if Fariz is a nice guy, I haven't seen it...that's it.  Get it?
He could be the most considerate, generous person in the arena for all I know..but when I've been on he's been rude.. anything but friendly and polite.  The fact that you and maybe even a million or so other people like Fariz doesn't change that the discourse I've had with him, and what I've witnessed others have had with him, are far from pleasant.  No need to defend him, I recognize and respect your  right to have an opinion, and stated that it is admirable to defend ones friends.  Please respect that I too have a right to an opinion, even if it differs from yours.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2002, 04:28:28 PM »
Originally posted by Wotan
As for gameplay theres nothing stopping anyone else from lowering their rank and taking the cv from him.

Nothing BUT the lack of time in the MA.

Show me how a player who can only commit 10-20 hours a month in AH who's rank is high enough to take over a CV group during prime time. How many are there?

When the time factor is somehow removed from or adjusted in it's effects on rank then you may have a point.

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2002, 04:33:04 PM »
Originally posted by Saintaw
"my preciouusssssssss" :eek:

Bodhi: feistey little thief... he stole my preciousss.. and WE WANTS IT BACK

Offline MadBirdCZ

• Nickel Member
      • http://home.worldonline.cz/~cz088436/
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2002, 05:32:10 PM »
Originally posted by Saintaw
"my preciouusssssssss"

LOL! :D
very well said!

Originally posted by Steve
Actually I didn't say how long I've been around but it goes farther back than September. I didn't say I knew Fariz at all. I didn't say Fariz wasn't a nice guy or any of the other superlatives you and anyone else would like to use to describe him. Let me repeat it for you: if Fariz is a nice guy, I haven't seen it...that's it. Get it?

I get it. And of course I'm the last person to deny you your right for your opinion. It just feels a bit odd to me when I see Fariz being described to be rude and stuff like that... <S>

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2002, 06:17:29 PM »
First to situation. I logged to see that c31 is about to get on position to attack one of the nits north bases. From the strat point of view it was not worthy, because west country can't reset north. Also, having only one contact field like a24 on this map is a big benefit, if you can defend it all right. For this task 31 is an ideal, if stationed at 24 it shields field good for a reasonably long time. It keeps most players of north country away, and put the east one under automatic gangbang. It is not a new tactics, it is a proven one, which worked many times before, and worked again this time. If you will log now to MA, you will see rooks being resetted at the moment.

Lets go further. After I got fleet I got the following messages from bodhi, "Stop being a dickhead, give us fleet back". I have a respect to other players in AH, and always ready to discuss any possible issue, but person who want to discuss something need to be able to do so. In a following few minutes I got several insultes from bodhi and mrwulf. It did not stopped after they switched, I was accused in lying and it was name callings. All this time I simply ignored this communication not to turn it into a flame war.

Now, back to my decision, and how justified it was. The strat reason why it was taken I explained already. I consider fleet a weapon, which, as any weapon, shall be used at the right time, and in a right role. I did not took fleet from action and hide it, I kept it in 24 defence where it was used intensively by bishops next few hours, when field was under a strong attack by nits.

Same time it was not any lack of fleet and field actions all other the map, we had a strong attack against rooks then, with lot of action, so it was tons of fun around the map, not only over 45.

Well, my position in this issue is quite simple, if I have a rank to move fleet, see the possible correct use of fleet, I will take command and use it the way, I consider is correct. Same time it is normal situation when I give fleet back when someone contact me and give some reason why it shall be given away, even if it is against my understanding of strat. It haven't happen in this case because communication was offensive from the very start, which left me with no much choise. When it is possible I try to put it all to more mature level, but as you can see by the comments and namecallings which still exist at this forum, it was not possible in this case.

Offline Lazer1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2002, 06:40:42 PM »
Fariz is good guy, sure he didn't ruin your fun on purpose.  Some people play this game like it means everything (fariz), and some just log on the have fun (Bodhi) and no matter how much you squeak about it it's always going to be that way.

Offline GPreddy

• Copper Member
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2002, 07:05:31 PM »
Bodhi you must have switched sides shortly after cause I killed you A2A right after Fariz told me not to move the fleet. Well I outrank him so come on back and next time just hunt me up. I like to use the boats to attack stuff.