Author Topic: Fighter kill stats from Burma:  (Read 2039 times)

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Fighter kill stats from Burma:
« on: November 15, 2002, 03:53:56 PM »
A6M-2 Vs. Hurri-I  -  1.35
A6M-2 Vs. P-40b  -  1.18
A6M-2 Vs. Boston  -  7.9
A6M-2 Vs. SBD  -  2.9

Hurri-I Vs. A6M-2   -  0.74
Hurri-I Vs. KI-67  -  1.77
Hurri-I Vs. D3A  -  18.0

P-40b Vs. A6M-2   -  0.85
P-40b Vs. KI-67  -  1.33
P-40b Vs. D3A  -  1.36

Clearly the A6Ms gave the P-40s and Hurris a hard time this week.  I found the Hurries relatively easy to deal with due to their lack of speed.  Although the Hurri-I is a good turning match for the A6M-2, the greatest threat they had to offer was that many Hurri drivers knew how to get the most out of their planes.  Perhaps the recent transition from BigBob Hurri-IICs was a good warm up for those flyers.
I thought the P-40b was a great match for the A6M-2.  The wise Tigershark drivers kept their E-state up.  Fast or high P-40s were very difficult to deal with.  The most common mistake I saw from P-40 pilots was blowing energy.

I didn't fly the Allied planes at all this week, but I find it very interesting from the stats that the slow Hurri faired better against the relatively fast KI-67 than the faster P-40.  The D3A survived better against the P-40 than I would have guessed, but it sure took a beating from the Hurris.

One personal note:  On Saturday, I had 5 collisions.  Last night, I was wounded 5 times.  For me, both of these events are pretty rare.  5 in one session for either may be a personal record.  Lots of collisions and woundings indicate to me a lack of fire-power on both sides.

eskimo

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: Fighter kill stats from Burma:
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2002, 04:03:13 PM »
Originally posted by eskimo2
Lots of collisions and woundings indicate to me a lack of fire-power on both sides.

Yup.  But that's part of the fun of early war planes.

- oldman (himself a victim of a number of collisions)

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Re: Re: Fighter kill stats from Burma:
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2002, 04:48:38 PM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
Yup.  But that's part of the fun of early war planes.

- oldman (himself a victim of a number of collisions)

Yes it is Oldman!

eskimo

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2002, 06:59:20 PM »
That is really about how i thought it would turn out.  I think the scores would even out a little if they did something about the extreme dive ability of the zero in AH.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2003, 09:38:22 PM »
Bump.

The A6M-2 ruled the roost the last time that we had this set-up.  I think when the P-40E shows up it will dominate when flown properly.

eskimo

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2003, 10:29:48 PM »
Perhaps, but the P40E does not domanate in the Slot set up's, my gues is it will be prety close with the Zero slightly in the lead.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2003, 11:13:17 PM »
Originally posted by ergRTC
That is really about how i thought it would turn out.  I think the scores would even out a little if they did something about the extreme dive ability of the zero in AH.

compared to the last few maps, it's still boring as hell

last 2 fridays >40 when logged on

tonite 14..
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2003, 11:44:21 PM »
Well It is Valintines day.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2003, 01:13:20 AM »
And im at work. I know you are all missing me.:D

Offline Dennis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2003, 02:27:16 AM »
Originally posted by brady
Perhaps, but the P40E does not domanate in the Slot set up's, my gues is it will be prety close with the Zero slightly in the lead.

If I'm not mistaken, the Slot setups also included the later-war Zeke.
Are you saying the A6M2 dominated the P40E in the Slot?

Splash1

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2003, 11:36:59 AM »
Originally posted by eskimo2
Bump.

The A6M-2 ruled the roost the last time that we had this set-up.  I think when the P-40E shows up it will dominate when flown properly.

eskimo

I agree, once the P-40E arrives it will very hard to survive in a Zero. As it is, a properly flown P-40B is nearly impossible to catch, or shoot down.

I demonstrated the P-40B's big E advantage to a formation of 4 Zeros. I got one, and assists on all the others. They never had any opportunity to hit me. I hit them alone and forced them to scatter. Soon more P-40s arrived and we were able to isolate them one by one.

If I had a P-40E with six .50s, I would have gotten them all.

Been flying Japanese since then, dogfighting in the D3A and Zero. Still haven't found anyone who uses the P-40 correctly though. They will learn, I'm sure.

The A6M2 is badly out-classed by the P-40E. Gonna be some whining come Monday... Lol

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2003, 12:24:58 PM »
Dennis, on the last map it was but that was exception not the rule normaly their is no A6M5, the Tony is generaly their though.

Widewing, Hit the nail on the head, most people will not use the P40E the way it should be, even with the advantage the "B" has it still lost out to the Zero, for the same reasion, I bet it will this time as well, even with the "E" come monday.

Offline Dennis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2003, 12:54:39 PM »
My point -- perhaps I was being too subtle -- was that this week might not be much fun for IJAAF once the P40E is added.  
Eskimo noted it, as did Widewing.  The P40E will probably dominate.
Previous setups on this terrain have given the Japanese the Ki-61 and/or the A6M6 to help counter the E's gun package and speed -- or the E was absent.

Perhaps, historically, the Japanese faced P40Es in Burma with A6m2s.  I don't know.
Whatever.
Prepare for the Ch1 whines.  I'll either sit this one out after Sunday or switch and join the allied gangbanging hoards in a Hurricane.

If Jarbo would reconsider and leave the P40E out, I think it would be more fun ... and drive off fewer IJAAF jocks.
Just a thought.

Splash1

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2003, 01:36:05 PM »
I dont think the you guys are flying the zeros correctly if you are having problems with boom and zoom p40bs.  Come in high on em, make em dive, blow them away in the dive, and then turn with the others till you get some distance, climb back up again.  

Only disadvantage that zero has is its fragile frame.

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2003, 05:21:07 PM »
Well, I am going to back Jarbo on the adation of the P40E, I dont think it is going to diestabalise anything, like I said before I beleave the Zero will still come out ok, that the numbers will be prety even K/D wise.

Zero's were not in Burma. The Zero is the only early war Japanese fighter we have, so it fills in for every thing.