Author Topic: Arrogant Unnecessary B.S. in the MA  (Read 1653 times)

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
Arrogant Unnecessary B.S. in the MA
« Reply #120 on: November 17, 2002, 02:31:08 PM »
Fariz,

Not going to happen, but then again, military types have been known to make it as presidents.

Possibly you may get lucky and I might get deployed to Azerbaijan, then I can show you what I do quite well...  ;)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2002, 10:01:01 PM by Bodhi »
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline MrWulf

• Zinc Member
Arrogance
« Reply #121 on: November 17, 2002, 04:25:40 PM »
Let me make something clear here, it wasnt Bodhi throwing insults, it was me. And I make no apologies for it either. From Fariz's comments on this board, it's obvious he has no qualms about dictating his style of play over everyone else's. So be it, I don't enjoy constantly ganging the side with least amount of numbers, so I simply don't fly Fariz's 'missions'. Bah, any 10 guys can capture undefended bases, why does this make Fariz some great leader?  Some of us are sheep to be led, some are leaders, you sheep know who you are, just keep feeding the ego, maybe soon the head will explode with it.  Bottom line, until we can quit our jobs and play this game full time, we are stuck with what AH has decided as far as CV control, and in turn, will simply have to put up with the likes of Fariz.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #122 on: November 17, 2002, 04:55:37 PM »
Fariz,

I suspect you did misinterpert what I was trying to say, probably my fault for not saying it more clearly.

It seems a group of your countrymen were working together to accomplish something, and they were having fun at it.  You show up, ruin thier fight by deciding you are the only one who has a clue how this game should be played, and you destroy what they are trying to accomplish, you eliminate the fun they were enjoying.

Why?

Because you think only you know strategy? Because you spend too much of your life playing a game?  That they were enjoying themselves is irrelevant you felt superior and treated them like children?

Don't barge in and interrupt an attack with arrogance, you might not get called a Dickhead.  Maybe say "hey, when you get that field, how about we move the CV out of range, or to a better position strategically?  That might just work you know.  

But did you do that?  No, you came in like some self-appointed General and take command.  Look at it from the viewpoint of others, you might understand why so many viewed it poorly.

a little consideration goes a long way,

Dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline X2Lee

• Silver Member
« Reply #123 on: November 17, 2002, 06:08:06 PM »
Originally posted by ET
It did not matter that we thought it was wrong, stupid, ridiculous and unfair. He was the sergeant and he had the stripes and the rank.  So he said we WILL do it his way. And so we marched off to do the job whistling the theme from The Bridge on The River Kwai. We got over it.  ;)

It seems quite rude and arrogant to me. I would be mad enuff to out rank him next tour and take his cv and I might even have to shoot him down. Of course if he said he was sorry and would try to be more polite in the future I might NOT kick his arse.
Please excuse me for butting in.
Thank you

:cool:

Offline Corrs

• Silver Member
      • TAC Drivers
« Reply #124 on: November 19, 2002, 11:11:20 PM »
k, here is what we have. On a low evening, MA has around 200, durring prime time, around 600. So lets take the highest number, that puts around 200 per country. Out of this 200, 90% of them have 1 thing in mind, "Pork Ripe" meaning kill it, destroy it, and conquer it as many times as possible. Well maybe I am the only one with Pork Ripe in mind. 90% just want to up and fight, they are not thinking about strats, they want to just fight. The other 10% are the strat players, worried about points, rank, winning the war, and making it home to base to land 3 kills instead of staying in the massive hoard til the death. More power to those strats  guys who are looking to win the resets, however, there are no Generals, Admerals, Officers, Lieutenant Dans, Sergen Generals, or Private Piles. The 90% of the players don't want to hear a Srgt, R. Lee Ermey shouting orders, telling them to bring supplies to them, or stripping a CV away from them because it is not stratigicly placed. (crapola, spelling has gone down the drain) They want to have fun and Play in their own world, thats the game, "Fun". Everyone is paying the same $$ to play, therfore we are all equal. So maybe I am way off with this, but thats my story!

For the CV topic, and idea I thought of was if you want to use a TG, then you have to make a mission through a TG Mission Editor. It gives you the TG for 30 min or so to sail to destanation and do, whatever you want to do, no one can strip it away in that alloted time. If there are no missions, then it just free sails like it does now, where anyone can gun it or use it. It can be controled by anyone while not in a mission, but when someone make a mission using it, then the power is given to the CO of the mission, unless it is being used in a current mission, then the next mission has to wait til current one is finished.

Ok, so now that I have written a novel here, Merry Pork Ripein' ya'll!!
Corrs
The Flying Circus
Head of The Flying Circus Numbnutz Clown Union since 2000
FSO 334th FS Corrs's Nose Art
WARNING: Keep smiley's out of reach of Corrs

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
« Reply #125 on: November 20, 2002, 07:42:45 AM »
We all agree, I believe, that Aces High is a game. A social interaction between individuals of varying backgrounds, ages, and life experience. Unlike most board games however, there are a lot of goals that can be acheived. Each can play thier own "game" be it capturing bases or shooting for a high fighter score.

Like most social interactions, there is a difference of opinion on what constitutes the objective of that social gathering. Everyone has thier own views from thier own little worlds. We all play this game with the objective of entertaining ourselves for a few hours or a lot of hours depending on the amount of time we have on hand to do it.

As with any social gathering, we each give and take a little to try to find a balance that all can live with. Now of course gang wars could probably be classified as social gatherings, but in that situation one is only interested in total domination.

When interacting with others in any form of social gathering the more people who use common curtesy in that situation the more the whole group enjoys the experience, especially if it is one based on entertainment.

In my opinion...arrogance and rudeness have no  place where people gather to have fun. Actually I prefer the lack of rudeness and arrogance in any situation. One has to see others as individuals not just a digital representation of a being.

I have flown for the Bish since my squad moved there. Not really my choice but there are some cool people in each of the countries represented and one can have fun no matter which one one flies for. I have also noted arrogance on the part of the so called "generals" and it doesn't sit well with me either. I normally go along with them if it suits what I want to do that day but more often than not tend to ignore them.

I sympathise completely with Bohdi in this situation. Whether or not Fariz knows more about stratagy is not of importance in my opinion, it is how he handled the whole thing and his determination that others shouldn't have fun doing what "they" liked to do because of his opinion on how this "game" should be played.

Until we all get to the point in our lives that we can see the value of the individual and thier feelings we will have situations like this arise again and again.

Was it proper to bring it up on this BBS? I would rather see it hashed out here than on channel 2 or 1 in the main arena.

Life is short. Until some of you get to my age you won't really realize the truth of those words. There are those older than I that know the meaning of those words even more than I do. The older one gets the more one tries to simplify the living experience. One way to do that is by enjoying the company of others without trying to impose one's will or way of doing things on them.

I have rambled on too long now. This is a thorn in my side about this game, that being the lack of curtesy shown by many in the arenas, especially the main arena, and has been instrumental in my lack of time playing it. It is just not fun to have to put up with the rudeness and lack of personal consideration shown when you log on. Most of it is not aimed at me, I am pretty quiet normally when I log on and not noticed, but having to see it done to others is just as disquieting.
MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
« Reply #126 on: November 20, 2002, 08:58:50 AM »
Originally posted by Mark Luper
it is how he handled the whole thing and his determination that others shouldn't have fun doing what "they" liked to do because of his opinion on how this "game" should be played.

And where I said it? Or you think that it is what I think, and you base it on other people thoughs on what actually happened? :)

For the last week I am watching with interest how people transfer their life experience on me, and in each mirror I am reflected some other funny way. One thing which this thread showed, is that you shall start recording first minute you enter arena, and finish it only when out. It is exactly what I do last few days, and going to do it in the future.

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
« Reply #127 on: November 20, 2002, 10:12:17 AM »
You didn't "say it" in so many words. An assumption on my part from the details expressed in this thread. Was I wrong? Very possibly, it is just the actions that were posted here made me make an assumtion based on what I have seen in the past.

Now, we all know what the word "assume" really means... it often means that it makes an "ass out of you and me" :)

Now as far as "transfering my life experience" on you I am not really sure what you mean.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2002, 10:14:19 AM by Mark Luper »
MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

Offline Corrs

• Silver Member
      • TAC Drivers
« Reply #128 on: November 20, 2002, 06:36:02 PM »
Originally posted by Mark Luper
Was it proper to bring it up on this BBS? I would rather see it hashed out here than on channel 2 or 1 in the main arena.

Great call, I'll toast to that!!
Corrs
The Flying Circus
Head of The Flying Circus Numbnutz Clown Union since 2000
FSO 334th FS Corrs's Nose Art
WARNING: Keep smiley's out of reach of Corrs