Author Topic: This Friday were off to the Agean...  (Read 1770 times)

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
This Friday were off to the Agean...
« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2002, 04:08:49 PM »
Originally posted by ergRTC

All through the 80s my father was constantly being laid off from the railroad.  He would mow lawns and cut wood to put food on the table.  

Yes Erg, your father even though down, didnt quit. He did what he had to do, to provide for himself and the people he loves.
He's the kind of hero that never gets any credit.

I'll never earn insane amounts of money, but I don't begrudge those who do. This is still the land of oppurtunity, and a person should be free to make as much out of his, or her life as they wish. What would happen if everytime a person got rich from producing a product, the government stepped in and said you have to stop, your too successful. Where would the product improvements come from. I don't believe in squashing the individual, because he's more talented, than the masses.
The marketplace dictates America. You earn by what you contribute to the marketplace. It's not perfect, but I'd rather take my chances on what I can do, then having a government do it for me.
By the way Erg,you noticed neither one of us has said toejam about the Agean? We kinda hijacked this thread?:eek:

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2002, 06:30:14 PM »
oh I think this thread was dead ages ago.....

My beef with the 'thats our liberty and freedom' side of the arguement is that it rarely works without government intervention.  When the government or unions dont step up individuals and corps just rape society.  Look what happened when gov. was truely keeping its head out of money and society, we had jim crow laws in the south, and robber barons stifling competition and reducing peoples living wage to pennies a day.  You leave it up to them the same will happen again.  People cant help themselves, no matter how how many times they quote the bible.

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2002, 08:27:06 PM »
Well then again, we'll agree to disagree.;)

They need to put us on crossfire LOL

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2002, 09:16:23 PM »
Maybe we will have to meet up at the O club section of the bar during the convention!;)

erg

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2002, 08:26:51 AM »
Dragging this thread back to AH issues.....

I have enjoyed this scenario, it's a great map (by the way, it's spelled CRETE, not CREETE) and the plane set is outstanding.

By the way, even though fighters are not enabled at the CVs, you can still operate from them. I have been flying Kittyhawks and Hurricanes out to the CVs and operating from them.

Like others, I'd like to see this map adapted to the MA. Great job 10bears!!

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2002, 11:21:06 AM »
Originally posted by Widewing
I have enjoyed this scenario, it's a great map (by the way, it's spelled CRETE, not CREETE) and the plane set is outstanding.

Glad to have had you here, Widewing, why don't you stick around a bit more?

- oldman

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2002, 11:41:16 AM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
Glad to have had you here, Widewing, why don't you stick around a bit more?

- oldman

Yes, welcome to the CT Widewing.

Stick around, you'll love it here.

eskimo