Author Topic: Uncalled for language in the MA  (Read 2492 times)

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Uncalled for language in the MA
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2002, 10:24:03 PM »
you can't say 'ass-miner'?:(

Offline Mw007

• Zinc Member
      • http://most-wanted.org
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2002, 03:10:58 AM »
Follow up:

I sent an e-mail right after I made my first post...

I got a reply that following Monday MORNING at 9:00 Cst....

I havent seen him since

WTG HTC :)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2002, 06:04:27 PM by Mw007 »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2002, 06:25:02 AM »
It looks like HiTech did take care of it.  I haven't seen the little guy since that night he blew up on Channel 1.  Thanks for sending the film in Mw007

Ack-Ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2002, 12:45:20 PM »
Originally posted by Mw007
Follow up:

I sent an e-mail right after I made my first post...

Please don't misunderstand the comment I'm about to make. I do commend your concern about the issue involved, and compliment you for taking the time to send the e-mail with film.

I am a tad concerned, though, to see you come back here and post a quote from the e-mail reply you received. I would hate to think that perhaps they might be reluctant to reply e-mails of this nature in future because they don't want to see those replies posted in public.

Just saying (and don't forget, I do commend you for helping in the first place!)

culero
« Last Edit: December 16, 2002, 01:25:00 PM by culero »
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2002, 01:24:32 PM »
Originally posted by mrfish
you can't say 'ass-miner'?:(

But, you can say ultra melon! :D

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2002, 01:27:58 PM »
Originally posted by Grizzly
Such a job requires very special people

Such a person is hard to find

I think HTC found them on the short bus.  And whoever...thanks for the mute beforehand!  :D

Offline Mw007

• Zinc Member
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2002, 06:05:57 PM »
Culero,

You're right...I just edited that post. Thanks for the reccomendation.

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2002, 01:36:42 PM »
Originally posted by Mw007
Culero,

You're right...I just edited that post. Thanks for the reccomendation.

Rgr, welcome, my pleasure.

I just noticed your squad affiialtion - same MWs as from AW, right? Tell DOODY I (culero/AWAR Kelly) said "hiyas Dood" :)

culero
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline Turbot

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2002, 01:58:28 PM »
Originally posted by DaLadyzMon
I'm sure everyone remembers the discussion of the name SSWaffen on the BB and the many implications that had.

That kid didn't mean anything by it - to him was just some german thing he had seen somewhere.  He wasn't saying bad things on the "radio", as far as i saw he was behaving himself otherwise.  

That whole deal was handled very badly and needlessly ran a player off from the game.  If it had been handled properly (descretely) everyone could have been made happy.

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2002, 02:18:06 PM »
Originally posted by Turbot
That kid didn't mean anything by it - to him was just some german thing he had seen somewhere.  He wasn't saying bad things on the "radio", as far as i saw he was behaving himself otherwise.  

That whole deal was handled very badly and needlessly ran a player off from the game.  If it had been handled properly (descretely) everyone could have been made happy.

I can't comment on the specific incident you cited here, but I will say I agree wholeheartedly that a little tolerance and discretion could often prevent things turning ugly needlessly. Its very easy to do or say something that offends someone else without meaning any offense. Rather than assume someone meant to offend, why not give a little benefit of the doubt?

IMO the tendency many players have to want to SQUAWK! loudly and indignantly about anything that irks them is an aggravating factor to a situation that could be resolved easily and with no hassle.

IMO, either a quiet, polite & private chat with someone who's done or said something that upsets you, or a quiet e-mail to HTC, are both preferable actions to running here and complaining.

Just saying, FWIW ;)

culero

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2002, 02:27:29 PM »
Hey Culero....hows the Rio Grande Valley doing?  :D

I think I told you once before in a post somewhere that I was originally from Harlingen.  Anyway, I will be in the area for Christmas visiting the folks.  If you want to get together for a beer or maybe join my friends and I for golf, let me know.  Email in my profile should be valid.

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2002, 03:34:19 PM »
Originally posted by sling322
Hey Culero....hows the Rio Grande Valley doing?  :D

I think I told you once before in a post somewhere that I was originally from Harlingen.  Anyway, I will be in the area for Christmas visiting the folks.  If you want to get together for a beer or maybe join my friends and I for golf, let me know.  Email in my profile should be valid.

I'm always ready to associate with a chute shooting bastard :)

e-mail OTW, look for it or send me one ( kmyers@sc2000.net ) if ya don't get it.

culero

Offline Mw007

• Zinc Member
« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2002, 03:50:10 PM »
Originally posted by culero
Rgr, welcome, my pleasure.

I just noticed your squad affiialtion - same MWs as from AW, right? Tell DOODY I (culero/AWAR Kelly) said "hiyas Dood" :)

culero

Rgr that Most Wanted from AW

I'm no stinkin messenger!!!! LOL j/k I'll let em know.

...or you can tell em yourself at our messageboard at
http://www.most-wanted.org   ;)

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2002, 06:53:50 PM »
Folks.... I have to agree that what DeathPig did was horrendous!

I have a story about a little kid named Dlamba....you guys remember him?  The 10 year old with the mouth of SATAN and actions to boot.

I made the mistake of allowing him to join the TIGER Squadron and all he wanted to do was attack our website and tear up vox.

He went so far as to keep hitting Join messages while I was dogfighting, swearing on private channel, etc.  I called HTC.  They politely said email the film.

Caught it on tape..mailed it in...30 min later...NO PROBLEMS with that kid anylonger.

Keep sending gross abuses to HTC...but dont innundate them with minor stuff.....we should police the arena and make it better for others.

------------------------------------------------------------------

TG12: "Hey La7 you stink"
SYSTEM MESSAGE:  "YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR USING THAT LANGUAGE"
TG12: "Hey La7 you are a terrible pilot"
SYSTEM MESSAGE:  "If you continue to use such language you will have your account cancelled"
TG12: "Hey La7 nice kill!"
SYSTEM MESSAGE: "Your account has been cancelled due to the use of La7"

----------------------------------------------------------------------
:D

Offline Mandie

• Zinc Member
« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2002, 07:18:52 PM »
thanx guys for turning him in , he hurt me bad , and it was very rude , but now im glad its over with :)