Author Topic: Uncalled for language in the MA  (Read 2491 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Uncalled for language in the MA
« on: December 08, 2002, 06:47:01 AM »
A fellow Knight by the name DeathPig was squeaking how messed up and lame AH was because he was repeatedly being killed.  His frequent deaths was just more proof that the game wasn't made right and that he also seemed to blow up after getting hit by after a solid burst from the enemy's guns, just further reinforced his belief.  

When I suggested that maybe the enemy's burst hit your cockpit area, instantly killing him, my fellow Knights were subjected to a 10 minute obscenity laden diatribe from DeathPig.  

While most of his comments seemed to focus over giving someone a blow-job, he crossed the line when he suggested to one of the female players that she give him oral sex and his grossly vulgar, anti-semetic comments.  Unfortunately the screenshots didn't catch what he said to Mandie but it did catch his other outbursts.

There isn't a place for that type of talk in AH or  anywhere and Mandie sure as hell didn't deserve the verbal attack on her, all she did was say hello over country channel.  

Ack-Ack
479th FG - Riddle's Raiders
« Last Edit: December 08, 2002, 06:50:19 AM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2002, 07:17:07 AM »
I was warned the other night for saying 'heya mathsqueak'

Yet a few hours later, the same deathpig character went in a tirade about whatever the hell it was, saying all sorts of crap that shoulda given him an automatic mute to begin with.

I took my 'warning' good naturedly because I'd rather the arena not have people touting off in it, but if you're gonna fricken get on me for saying squeak make damn sure that you've got a mod for every hour of the day because it's hypocritical otherwise.
<----ASSASSINS---->

Offline Joc

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2002, 07:40:52 AM »
Maybe its time HT appointed respected 'mature' members of the community with mute powers,to gag these people for an amount of time,HT cant police the game all the time,so maybe some of us could do it? we're all part of the same community,so its all down to us to come down on this behaviour.
Joc

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2002, 07:50:08 AM »
ACK-Ack,

Send the screen shot into HTC (E-mail).  They will keep an eye on him.  When he blows up again, they will take care of business!

He wont be around long

Swag
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2002, 08:22:26 AM »
Actually, send it to them today.  Just from what you caught and posted here, we might have seen the last of the DeathPig.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2002, 08:32:08 AM »
I also witnessed his BS while introducing someone to AH. Nice first impression eh?  I also saw his little comments to Mandie and constant remarks to AKAK about sucking a "dik". and his repeated threats to AKAK of assault. ( true indicator of a coward) I didnt see his little Jew remarks till just now. This is about as out of line as Ive seen in here. Im no angel but most of my bs is all in fun. I dont know what action HTC can or would take, but I like to see someone put a foot in this jerks ass.:mad:

AKAK  i  didnt know you were a Jew!?:D  j/k bro  

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2002, 08:41:48 AM »
A disgusting example of everything wrong with the auto-mute system.  Overzealous moderators warning for harmless friendly pg-13 banter, and seemingly never around when things get truely out of hand.

This is what happens when parents let 12 year olds use the internet unattended.  Please for god's sake, any parents here, don't let your kids online alone lest they become like this guy.

The language warning is a good idea as it helps some of us catch the occasional slip, but the auto-mute is completly pointless.

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2002, 08:59:45 AM »
In other post's I have made about the fact that simple profanity is nothing compared to the truly serious crap that is in the text buffer from time to time this is what I was refering to.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2002, 09:07:09 AM »
Overzealous moderators warning for harmless friendly pg-13 banter, and seemingly never around when things get truely out of hand.

Obviously, the programmed "automute" can't handle the job most of us feel needs doing. This guy is a prime example.

How many human moderators are there? I don't think anyone but HTC staff know that.

From the player base point of view, though, there's two or three camps.

There's those that want more moderation.

Those that think it's about right.

Those who think it's overdone already.

How do you please all those groups?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2002, 09:33:03 AM »
yep...send the pictures to htc its the only way anything is gonna happen meanwhile find out were he lives and give his mother a call about his language and strongly suggest that she take him over her knee and spank him.

and judging by the posts it seems that people get muted for saing

**shi it** (**are any letters/words) while crap like that wich HAS no place ANYWHERE in ANY society can go on...maybe they should start giving kids tours of the nazi death camps so that the kids will learn something about NOT talking like that...
« Last Edit: December 08, 2002, 09:35:41 AM by vorticon »

Offline Lizard3

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2002, 10:43:16 AM »
Question:
What is the difference between this BB and the MA? Is it just that one is in real time?

I've seen crap spewaged in here that would get you an instant warning in the MA and a MUTE for an hour in the DA.

Don't get me wrong, I've been cussing like a sailor since I was five years old, but the dis-similarity in enforcement is a hilarity, or not, as the case may be.

Both can and will be veiwed by kiddos and overly sensitive parents.

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2002, 11:02:06 AM »
Originally posted by Toad
How do you please all those groups?

Very easy solution. Don't implement an auto-filter and human triggered muting for the sender side, but add an option on what to receive.

Like some search engines offer the option to disable certain kinds of hits.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2002, 11:29:41 AM »
Originally posted by Slash27

... I dont know what action HTC can or would take, but I like to see someone put a foot in this jerks ass.:mad:

After watching this malcontent's diatribe fly by in the text buffer for at least 10 minutes ... If HTC does anything less than BOOT this guy for eternity ...  it would be a shame.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SpinDoc1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2002, 11:49:12 AM »
I'm sure everyone remembers the discussion of the name SSWaffen on the BB and the many implications that had. While I don't intend to inflame another discussion about that, I do mention it to serve a point. As a young Jewish guy in today's age, I can attest to the many slights and vocal bashing that minorities take. While I enjoy AH very much, it is this kind of crap that makes me very angry, and almost ashamed to be associated with such people playing the same game. While I heartily agree in the protection of 'freedom of speech,' (as a member of the military also), the main channel ranting (such as this) and choice of game ID's is offensive to some players and therefore should be dealt with. If you can't please your customers, then they won't continue to play. Of course, that statement is sure to spark some commentary as things always tend to move toward more frivolous and ridiculous requests. I hope my request for more censorship does not fall into the category of frivolous inquiries, as this is a very important and personal topic for me. Comments welcome.
AKSpnDoc
Spin Doc's Aces High VR Video channel! https://youtu.be/BKk7_OOHkgI

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2002, 11:54:34 AM »
Toad,

Just a few days ago I got a warning for using the word "Moron" refering to my AK friends in friendly banter. :confused:
But this DeathPig character can flip out for an hour and no one is there to mute him.

Problem is that there are too few moderators, and when there IS one, they abuse their power. They mute you for things that not even HTC employees would mute you for.

I say that the moderators should only watch for people using inventive variations of words that are already in the filter, like plowing, cok suckah, assminer, stuff like that.