Author Topic: Abatic is a chute shooter  (Read 4738 times)

Offline Samm

• Silver Member
Abatic is a chute shooter
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2002, 05:20:14 PM »
You have a strange Idea that war isn't coercion by murder. It is, and it's not limited to soldiers that why it's so bad . If a german woman was in her house making a sandwich for her husband who was a german locomotive engineer that made her part of the german war effort, and that made her a target . Thats why american pilots straffed every farm house, car, bicyclist, and livestock they came accross . War is hell .  

You do realize all those guys running around on the ground in WWII were trying to kill eachother . And all those guys flying around above them were trying to kill eachother also . The pilot was allways the target, the airplane just provided him armor . Some of the best scoring 109 pilots were very good at canopy shots .

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2002, 05:22:29 PM »
thanks samm but ok, I give up, shoot the toejam out of all chutes, it has no meaning.

Abatic chose to call me, in a round about way, lame for driving a GV.

I guess I was calling him lame for being a chute shooter. That situation has be resolved.

As far as further chute shooting goes, well, there is no point in it and it serves no purpose so If you are a chute shooter, dont expect a from me.

HAWK OUT!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2002, 06:14:58 PM by CurtissP-6EHawk »

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2002, 06:35:52 PM »
Originally posted by CurtissP-6EHawk
....dont expect a from me.

gasp!!!! you mean you actually might not give someone a !?

well i'd cry all day if that happened....i might even lock myself in my room and listen to old smiths albums and gaze wistfully at my morissey poster wondering why the world is so mean. :(

Offline gofastrlt

• Zinc Member
« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2002, 06:43:26 PM »
Hi and to all.

I've read this thread and feel compelled to add my .02. Just remember this is just my opinion.

I respect all chute shooters and non-chute shooters alike. Both aguments for and against have very valid supporting points. One thing that no one has brought up is that shooting a pilot that has bailed is a violation of  the Geneva Convention and the UCMJ. So if you are a so called "imerssionist", maybe you're just trying to abide by the laws of war.
For me it's a matter of respect or a way to show a lack of it and that is why I don't. I don't however get upset if some one does it to me. One of the most fun things was running around on the ground after bailing and trying to avoid geting shot by a couple guys that had just shot me down. It was a howl.
Last night i was shot down so I bailed and hit the silk. It was a good fight so I was about to give a when the guy straffed me. I didn't get mad, but since I had already "keyed" my mike for fun I typed "I was gonna , but not to a chute shooter. SO if you want go ahead and shoot my chute, but no for U.

Good flying to all.

Gofast and turn left with GAS racing #99

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2002, 06:46:09 PM »
oh gee thanks for the enlightenment on war Samm. Seeing as how thats what we are talking about, that was really helpful. Am I now to discount the interviews ive seen and read where pilots said the felt they were killing the machine and not he man?
   I already explained why I dont like chute shooting. I also stated that it didnt mean I was right it was just my opinion. What part you didnt understand about it I dont know but thats ok. I didnt post here to change your mind just give my take on the matter. You dont get it, fine. How you pull what people are " really " thinking out of what they post is intresting though. Maybe that comes from you being here since the "inception" and all . Can you tell what im thinking right now?
   Well go on and blast away at chutes shaking your head as to why some of us just dont get it.  Maybe someday we will see the light and come around to your profund way of thinking. So nice to talk to one of the founding fathers of the CT. to you:rolleyes:

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2002, 06:55:17 PM »
Note to P6EHawk. You can disregard mrfish's posts. He seems to confused on where to post.  mrfish, this is for the COMBAT THEATER. Seeing that you dont fly the CT, you have obviously wandered into the wrong forum.   Or your just a handsomehunk who posts to try and provoke a fight on the BBS. So which is it?

Offline Samm

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2002, 07:21:07 PM »
I'm detecting an unfriendly tone here.
Originally posted by Slash27
oh gee thanks for the enlightenment on war Samm. Seeing as how thats what we are talking about, that was really helpful.

Thanks, but I didn't bring it up, it was a reply on the subject.

Am I now to discount the interviews ive seen and read where pilots said the felt they were killing the machine and not he man?[/b]

If you feel like it .

I already explained why I dont like chute shooting. I also stated that it didnt mean I was right it was just my opinion. What part you didnt understand about it I dont know but thats ok. I didnt post here to change your mind just give my take on the matter. You dont get it, fine. How you pull what people are " really " thinking out of what they post is intresting though.[/b]

I never claimed to know what people were thinking, it was a postulation, one which you validated .

We have enough trouble getting along as it is and adding insult to injury is pretty silly. Shooting a helpless chute is chickenshit. Thats just my opion by the way.

From this I gather that you think it is done just to antagonize or insult you ? So you do take it personal ?

Maybe that comes from you being here since the "inception" and all . Can you tell what im thinking right now?
[/b]
No but you seem hostile . If things occuring in a video game are causing you emotional agitation maybe you should re-evaluate your perspective .

Well go on and blast away at chutes shaking your head as to why some of us just dont get it.  

To quote an FDB, if it blows up I'll shoot it .

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2002, 08:36:03 PM »
Note to P6EHawk. You can disregard mrfish's posts. He seems to confused on where to post.  mrfish, this is for the COMBAT THEATER. Seeing that you dont fly the CT, you have obviously wandered into the wrong forum.   Or your just a handsomehunk who posts to try and provoke a fight on the BBS. So which is it?

1.  i've been flying in the ct since before there was a ct. if i break every now and then to have a life and not be a nerd then my apologies. i'll spend the next week trying to get all worked up over this GAME.

2. i know that the giant void in your life is fulfilled by thinking that the ct is your own personal snobby little club of salutees but i'd have to encourage you to climb down from your horsey and get over yourself. anyone who pays their fee can play and post as they want.

3. not everyone who flew in the war was a galant knight of the air- some of them were plain rat bastards who just didn't give a damn. consider chute shooters a service in making your experience more realistic.

4. when i fly i aim for the cockpit, i'm not shooting at a machine, i'm shooting at you specifically. i don't want a simulated downing i want a simulated kill. you don't own the ct nor do your dictate how others may experience it.

i post here because when i hear someone really investing their emotions in a ridiculous incident like this and letting it make them post little :( and what not i can't help wanting to slap them back to reality.

don't you just look at the mirror and weep thinking about the fact that you air your chute grievance looking for sympathy- good god man.....take a walk or somehting, you are bone-chillingly pathetic

mockery is my weapon, apparently trivial nagging, crying and snobbery are yours. i'll play in your arena, post in your forum and shoot at whatever i want whether you like it or not so i suggest you find a way to get used ot it.

Offline Exile

• Gold Member
      • http://www.simladder.com/
« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2002, 09:18:46 PM »
ouch ... that's gonna leave a mark

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2002, 11:09:31 PM »
It sure as hell is not yours either and its starting to smell like dead fish in here. I see it doesn't matter what I try to do it seams wrong. I don't know whether to give up or keep trying.

I have been in AH--CT for only three or four months and I don't recall seeing many who reply here in there not once since I started playing. Hell no this is not my arena, never said it was. But I get sick and Golly-geen tire of you F@#$% panzy bellybutton old farts that come in here just enough to say, Your Wrong and then leave not to be heard from again.

Oh, I think its just a new map thing, once the MA gets the Finn map, they will go back into hibernation. Thank God!:rolleyes:

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2002, 11:24:50 PM »
oh geez guy- the CT is a fun place with some incredible pilots- EVERYONE - should feel welcome there...... and go there to enjoy the work people put into building those incredible maps.  

even newbies who've never tried the historic thing and people with short attention spans who only know the MA. i hate the snobby, whiney, exclusive, elitist attitude that's popped up there.

if you want to be uptight about your gaming experience i'll stop trying to show you how silly you're being- good luck.

;)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: December 14, 2002, 11:26:27 PM »
You can add my name to the list of the people who would never shoot chutes.

I play this game with the same standards of behavior that I try to have in real life.   No way would I shoot a harmless, defenseless player or pilot in a chute.   Even Erich Hartmann.

I'm glad that HTC made allowances for it in the code though.  I'm glad we have the freedom of choice.    And I'm sure both Santa Claus and St. Peter have a list of the chute-shooters.      

:cool:

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2002, 12:59:32 AM »
2. i know that the giant void in your life is fulfilled by thinking that the ct is your own personal snobby little club of salutees but i'd have to encourage you to climb down from your horsey and get over yourself. anyone who pays their fee can play and post as they want.

boo hoo sniff sniff.  That cuts deep. What are all my snobby CT buddies going to think about me  now?

4. when i fly i aim for the cockpit, i'm not shooting at a machine, i'm shooting at you specifically. i don't want a simulated downing i want a simulated kill. you don't own the ct nor do your dictate how others may experience it.

ok. where was the post on how you WILL fly in the CT? where did we say we owned it? your good at assumtions arent you.

don't you just look at the mirror and weep thinking about the fact that you air your chute grievance looking for sympathy- good god man.....take a walk or somehting, you are bone-chillingly pathetic

I took a walk and still think youre a handsomehunk, but can i have a hug?

mockery is my weapon, apparently trivial nagging, crying and snobbery are yours. i'll play in your arena, post in your forum and shoot at whatever i want whether you like it or not so i suggest you find a way to get used ot it.

I hate to disagre with you on this one, but it appears that making assumptions an pissing and moaning about us snobby elite is your weapon.

" i hate the snobby, whiney, exclusive, elitist attitude that's popped up there."

I checked the scores for the last 4 CT tours and you havent flown in here. How the hell would you know how whiney us snobs really are?

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2002, 01:24:59 AM »
" i hate the snobby, whiney, exclusive, elitist attitude that's popped up there."
I checked the scores for the last 4 CT tours and you havent flown in here. How the hell would you know how whiney us snobs really are?

what i'm wondering is why us whiney non-snobs got left out?

:mad:
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: December 15, 2002, 01:53:21 AM »

well let's see....

"Out of respect for you guys, I don't log into the MA and try to get you guys to fly like we do in the CT, and I expect the same from you. Don't log into the CT and bring your MA practices in there. "

hehe call it a hunch i guess...

This is a game but this is the "Combat Arena" not the Main Arena. Many of us take the CT quit seriously.

well, my-my......the combat arena not like that positively vulgar MA oh i say!

before i took my temporary leave of absence from this game a few months back i remember taking long ju88 flights by myself because no one was ever there in the ct!! i'm glad to see it populated at least now- so many were declaring it's failure except a few dedicated die hards and it was a great idea from the get-go. it's even more relevant now with the type of numbers htc is getting.

don't worry valiant big shots, i'm an easy kill if nothing else- i'll bail and then you can fly by and drop me chocolate and cigarettes and make sure i'm ok

lighten up

ps shane- i havent heard a channel 1 tantrum from you in ages, i say you're losing your edge mac :)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2002, 01:57:35 AM by mrfish »