Author Topic: Abatic is a chute shooter  (Read 4740 times)

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Abatic is a chute shooter
« Reply #90 on: December 15, 2002, 05:36:12 PM »
Yep, that pretty much sums up Fester.  He has serious tard fits now and then and is gone for a day or two and then is back killing everything in sight.

SOB

PS...he doesn't need to kill steal, as anything that gets near the bastard ends up dead in short order.
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: December 15, 2002, 06:32:49 PM »
Originally posted by eskimo2
Sorry oboe,
But I am no more impressed by tour chivilrous attitude than by anyone else's.  There is a group of players like yourself who think not-shooting chutes sets them apart.  The rest of us realize that this is just a game and it matters not if a player IMAGINES that he is sitting high on his horse in his shining armor, or if he lives under a bridge and murders people when they least expect it.

The big difference is that YOU THINK your behavior sets you apart.  You judge players by whether or not they play as you do.  THAT makes you an elitist.

eskimo

Actually, Esk, I think far fewer people practice chute-shooting than do not.   Not being a chute shooter doesn't set me apart, as the majority of players don't shoot them.   The shooters are the elite ones, behaviorwise.

Do I judge players?    I don't know,  in my post I said I would never shoot chutes.   You're the one who labelled me an elitist, so it seems to me it is you who are making judgements.

I'm glad we have the freedom to choose to do it or not.   I think it makes the game more interesting.   While I choose to behave with civility and courtesy towards "enemy" players in the game, I don't demand that others do the same.

I don't confuse this game with reality, or with real war.   In fact I don't see how anyone one of us could.            

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #92 on: December 15, 2002, 06:50:21 PM »
Your right oboe, your comment;

Originally posted by oboe
You can add my name to the list of the people who would never shoot chutes.

I play this game with the same standards of behavior that I try to have in real life.   No way would I shoot a harmless, defenseless player or pilot in a chute.   Even Erich Hartmann.

I'm glad that HTC made allowances for it in the code though.  I'm glad we have the freedom of choice.    And I'm sure both Santa Claus and St. Peter have a list of the chute-shooters.      

:cool:

was not elitist in nature.  Sorry.  
I do think that it shows a veiw on history that is tainted at least a few shades of rose, however.

Seriously, if Hartman were floating down in a chute as I described, into his own territory, you would'nt shoot him?  Knowing that his survival would probably result in hundreds of deaths of your countrymen, you would let him live?

How about this;
You radio back to your CO (30 miles away) that you shot down Hartman and he's in a chute.  He then orders you to kill him.  What do you do?

eskimo

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: December 15, 2002, 06:52:22 PM »
citabria
airbatic
abatic......? hmmmmmm.......:)

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #94 on: December 15, 2002, 07:03:03 PM »
Originally posted by mrfish
citabria
airbatic
abatic......? hmmmmmm.......:)

So your saying that abatic is citabria's dyslexic little brother?

:)

eskimo

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #95 on: December 15, 2002, 07:22:39 PM »
Awwww....man!  If i had known so many guys got upset over shooting their chute i would have been doing it to every chute i came across.  I'm gonna have to fly in the CT more often to hear the whines over the bb when i strafe their chute.:D
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: December 15, 2002, 07:40:22 PM »
Originally posted by eskimo2
Your right oboe, your comment;

was not elitist in nature.  Sorry.  
I do think that it shows a veiw on history that is tainted at least a few shades of rose, however.

Seriously, if Hartman were floating down in a chute as I described, into his own territory, you would'nt shoot him?  Knowing that his survival would probably result in hundreds of deaths of your countrymen, you would let him live?

How about this;
You radio back to your CO (30 miles away) that you shot down Hartman and he's in a chute.  He then orders you to kill him.  What do you do?

eskimo

Apology accepted, thank you.    As to the hypothetical situation you put me in, if I said I wouldn't kill him, would you believe me?   The truth is I wouldn't know for sure unless I was actually there.   I hope I would obey the Geneva Convention and find away to fail my CO's order without obvious outright disobedience, but I can't really prove what I would do.

What about Hartmann himself?   He flew constantly against hordes of Russian pilots that just kept coming and coming.  And he shot plenty of them down.  Did HE ever strafe a pilot in his chute?   He certainly would have had cause to.

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #97 on: December 15, 2002, 07:51:53 PM »
I hope I would obey the Geneva Convention

Game or no game, some of you guys have proven to me that you would shoot a chute in real life if you had the chance. May God forgive you. I would find you and do my best to get you a death sentance in court as some vets did during Veitnam. I spit in your face in discust.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #98 on: December 15, 2002, 08:09:55 PM »
Originally posted by CurtissP-6EHawk
Game or no game, some of you guys have proven to me that you would shoot a chute in real life if you had the chance. May God forgive you. I would find you and do my best to get you a death sentance in court as some vets did during Veitnam. I spit in your face in discust.

Hawk, an aviator coming down over my friendly territory, no way would I shoot him, even if I were told to.

In the Hartman scenario that I described, you bet I would.

And you are saying that you wouldn't kill Hartman in that situation?  You gotta be kidding you wouldn't...?
Remember, he lives and many of your comrads die!

What if your not a pilot, your a Russian sniper.  Your mission is to sneak into enemy territory, stake out Hartman's airbase, and kill him when he least expected it.  Would you do this (assuming that you were brave enough, well trained, and willing to die for your country, etc)?

What's the difference between this and killing him in his chute?

eskimo

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #99 on: December 15, 2002, 08:13:05 PM »
BTW,
I can't cite the sources, but I have read a few accounts where US pilots were ordered to shoot ME-262 pilots who bailed over German territory.  Anyone else ever read about this?

eskimo

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #100 on: December 15, 2002, 09:40:04 PM »
Ok, let me see if i understand.

Shoot a chute = you burn in hell
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #101 on: December 15, 2002, 10:25:55 PM »
Originally posted by thrila
Ok, let me see if i understand.

Shoot a chute = you burn in hell

Shoot a virtual chute and you burn in a virtual hell (you just have to watch re-runs of Hee Haw over and over).

eskimo

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: December 15, 2002, 10:42:04 PM »
She found another and she was gone!
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: December 15, 2002, 10:53:17 PM »
I thought you just had to smoke a turd for chute shooting?

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
« Reply #104 on: December 16, 2002, 12:45:08 AM »
What bugs me is people that say they're out of ammo... Now how can they be outta ammo?... I tell ya it's a sign of weakness they need to be shot down on principal.

You know what's embarrising?.. crashing into a chute..

They oughta model chute crashes realisticly, you see this light pick and red blood splatter on the props... pieces of the pilots appendages floating off gently in the breese.