Author Topic: Abatic is a chute shooter  (Read 4739 times)

Offline VOR

• Gold Member
Abatic is a chute shooter
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2002, 02:34:55 AM »
Nope, Shane's feeling ok. He was flying around CT with a frickin' laser attached to his frickin' 109 tonight.   :D

P.S.  Slobberdonkey?

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2002, 05:40:05 AM »
yeah and his brother Fester has the other laser. Fester can make thos things dance and I admire that but his attitude controls me and I shouldnt let it. He is a cheat, a lier and a gamer. Brady has no idea, saying it looks as if he is the best!..lol, how blind.

Calls me names because I bombed him in a GV by telling me this is a GV war "go way", ok, I get a GV about the time he blows up the GV hanger the next go around.  Hmmmm, I think ok, thats his right by what I read here in these posts. Then he switches sides untill he can land the eisiest nine and ten kill sorties...ok, his choice. The bigest gamer I know of....ok, he does what he needs to do to win, land cheap kills (kills a kill right?)

Listen, that stuff needs to be in its own arena and is what I have been trying to get at. I dont want guys to play like I do but why have three or four arenas if the same toejam goes on in all of them?

I agree with Shane, the CT is nothing but a Mini-MA. Its not a Combat Arean. Its an MA Jr.

You guys can have your arena, fly the way you fly, have fun, do what you will, it stinks. Your Combat Attitude Stinks

I fly every day for a living and I sure dont need this. If I caint find a realistic type combat arena were guys are mutual about how they fly, then I will join it. Untill then I guess I have to put up with your idiotic crap.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2002, 06:46:14 AM »
Originally posted by CurtissP-6EHawk
yeah and his brother Fester has the other laser.
Listen, that stuff needs to be in its own arena and is what I have been trying to get at. I dont want guys to play like I do but why have three or four arenas if the same crap goes on in all of them?
I agree with Shane, the CT is nothing but a Mini-MA. Its not a Combat Arena. Its an MA Jr.
If I caint find a realistic type combat arena were guys are mutual about how they fly, then I will join it.

i dunno, i personally find the 3-4 on 1's get to me sometimes... well everytime, actually. :rolleyes:

i find it amusing to see fester knocking eskimo off #1, tho'.  :D
« Last Edit: December 15, 2002, 06:48:23 AM by Shane »
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #78 on: December 15, 2002, 07:28:05 AM »
Originally posted by oboe
You can add my name to the list of the people who would never shoot chutes.

I play this game with the same standards of behavior that I try to have in real life.   No way would I shoot a harmless, defenseless player or pilot in a chute.   Even Erich Hartmann.

I'm glad that HTC made allowances for it in the code though.  I'm glad we have the freedom of choice.    And I'm sure both Santa Claus and St. Peter have a list of the chute-shooters.      

:cool:

Sorry oboe,
But I am no more impressed by tour chivilrous attitude than by anyone else's.  There is a group of players like yourself who think not-shooting chutes sets them apart.  The rest of us realize that this is just a game and it matters not if a player IMAGINES that he is sitting high on his horse in his shining armor, or if he lives under a bridge and murders people when they least expect it.

The big difference is that YOU THINK your behavior sets you apart.  You judge players by whether or not they play as you do.  THAT makes you an elitist.

eskimo

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #79 on: December 15, 2002, 07:37:30 AM »
Originally posted by Shane
i dunno, i personally find the 3-4 on 1's get to me sometimes... well everytime, actually. :rolleyes:

i find it amusing to see fester knocking eskimo off #1, tho'.  :D

Shane,

I am happy to see Fester ranked #1.
It means that he is flying in the CT.  Every player that flies in the CT helps the overall numbers, but Fester, more than anyone will bring numbers to the CT.  People think a lot of him, and if the CT is good enough for him... well then maybe the'll think there's something in it for them as well.  Loud mouth and all, I'm happy to see Fester in the CT.

Rank does not mean as much to me as you seem to imagine.  I'd be just as happy to not even make the top 10 in here.  Playing for score is just something I do every now and then.  I pretty much don't take anything (to do with this game) seriously enough to get upset over it.  

eskimo

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #80 on: December 15, 2002, 07:45:52 AM »
Being a fighter pilot could be a very brutal job.  Make no mistake about it.  When I lived in Colorado I knew a P-51 pilot.  He flew late in the war and did a lot of ground attack missions.  On many occasions he had strafed enemy troops and enemy road columns.  He said that he could actually see bodies being blown to bits by his 6 x .50s, even at speed he could see the carnage.  After one mission, his crew chief called him over to his plane.  He had found a human hand in the air intake of his Mustang.  
Eventually he was shot down by ground fire and became a POW.  Upon interrogation, the Germans were able to tell HIM about most of his ground attack sorties.  They were mostly able to tell him on what dates and where he flew.  Apparently they kept track of who did what and recorded plane numbers and as much detail as they could gather.  They told him the total number of German soldiers that he had killed.  The number was staggering.

Pilots killed people.

eskimo

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #81 on: December 15, 2002, 08:06:23 AM »
Last but not least,
I'm not too big on telling others how to play in the CT.

There are six activities that I do frown on, however:

1. Chanel 1 bad-mouthing.  This is the one activity that IS directed at other players and people DO take it personally.

2.  Profanity on the VOX.

3.  Milk-run map-resets (in the CT).  This creates unneeded work for the CMs and can make the arena unplayable for hours if not most of a day.

4.  Stick stirring (like when 120 mph, heavy P-47s are flopping around more like butterflies than airplanes).  

5.  Kill stealing.  Shooting at an UNFLYABLE plane that another player shot-up.

6. Cheating/hacking.  No idea how often or rare this is, but clearly the worst thing you can do.

eskimo
« Last Edit: December 15, 2002, 08:13:49 AM by eskimo2 »

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #82 on: December 15, 2002, 09:43:31 AM »
I'm taking names.  All you chute shooters are on my list.

(of people it's okay to drink beer with)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: December 15, 2002, 09:48:22 AM »
Let me ask you this eskimo. Because I dont like to shoot or be shot in a chute, how does that make me an elitist? I just dont care to do it.  Why is that such a damn problem? Its just an opinion. I didnt know we were out to impress you so im sorry youve been let down. I dont get why you would take up the assumptions posted by mrfishy but feel free to. Talk about judging people.

I fly both MA and CT. I dont look down my nose at anybody. Id rather not be involved in these flame fests but i just cant help it sometimes, im hostile ( right Samm?). I find it annoying as hell how some of you rant about how much better you are than others, then turn around and label people as "snobby elitists". Some people dont care for chute shooting. Deal with it. No one has made the motion to ban players who dont play by "our" rules, we just stated our opinion. I guess we crossed the line. Silly us.

I confused on why some of you feel the need to post on how it really was in the war, when thats not what we are talking about. Who said they didnt shoot chutes, kill soldiers, kill innocent people and destroy lives?  Thats war right?  Were playing a video game right?

Ok.  I have to go feed my horse and polish my armor. Pistols at dawn mrfishy? Then maybe we can go to the country club for some tea. Oh wait,  youre not a member are you?

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #84 on: December 15, 2002, 11:06:07 AM »
Originally posted by Slash27
Let me ask you this eskimo. Because I dont like to shoot or be shot in a chute, how does that make me an elitist? I just dont care to do it.  Why is that such a damn problem?

It doesn't make you an elitist at all Slash.  It only matters if you publicly ridicule players who do not play your way.  I did not mean to imply that all players who do not shoot chutes are all the same (remember, I'm one of them).

eskimo

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #85 on: December 15, 2002, 11:14:01 AM »
Slash, my "reality of war" posts were directed more at P6EHawk and Oboe who appear to look at the lives of fighter pilots through rose colored glasses.

"I play this game with the same standards of behavior that I try to have in real life. No way would I shoot a harmless, defenseless player or pilot in a chute. Even Erich Hartmann. " oboe

"NO! I am eliminating the weapon not the person operating it. If he is killed in it, thats war but if he bails, its murder."  P-6Hawk

eskimo

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: December 15, 2002, 11:26:39 AM »
I do see your point eskimo. Ive just gotten annoyed with this. Those guys dont come off as elitist to me but like I said, I do see your point.
 No hard feelings  .

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #87 on: December 15, 2002, 12:41:10 PM »
Originally posted by Slash27
I do see your point eskimo. Ive just gotten annoyed with this. Those guys dont come off as elitist to me but like I said, I do see your point.
 No hard feelings  .

Never had any hard feelings to begin with.

eskimo

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #88 on: December 15, 2002, 02:19:13 PM »
Last but not least,
I'm not too big on telling others how to play in the CT.
There are six activities that I do frown on, however:
1. Chanel 1 bad-mouthing. This is the one activity that IS directed at other players and people DO take it personally.
2. Profanity on the VOX.
3. Milk-run map-resets (in the CT). This creates unneeded work for the CMs and can make the arena unplayable for hours if not most of a day.
4. Stick stirring (like when 120 mph, heavy P-47s are flopping around more like butterflies than airplanes).
5. Kill stealing. Shooting at an UNFLYABLE plane that another player shot-up.6. Cheating/hacking. No idea how often or rare this is, but clearly the worst thing you can do.

Fetser has done nearly all of these and I have seen it all in just a matter of a week, no wonder he is up to #1. I am not going to sit here and tell you he is not a good pilot because he is a good pilot. Fester is two faced, and a hypacrite. Leave me alone this is a GV war, then turn right around and bomb you from a fighter. Leave me alone I am RTB ammo/hurt, then turn right around and chase you down....and is the bigest milk-runner I have ever seen in the CT.

Sure this is a game, all have defended that and stated you have the right to fly it any way you want, sure go ahead you do have that right. I am not trying to tell you how to fly in general, but I would like to see an arena without all the hypacricy and two facing, sure and the bad mouthing (quilty). I would like to see an arena were guys fly with related goals. I have opened my mouth once again with the frustration of the mentality of the way you guys think.

eskimo I dont ever recall seeing you say not one thing bad on open chanel. I dont recall ever seeing you game the game to get to #1 but untill fester explains his actions and mulifaceted personality to me, then I will maintain my extreamly low openion of him. My god, at least Shane will actually talk to you when you get with him and fly 1 vs 1.

I know I have turned this from Abatic to Fester but I dont see folks trying to make Abatic out to be some sort of saint that fester IS NOT. I used this post to initialy get Abatics attention since he would not explain himself and why he yelled at me that first night, then the apearant chute shooting misunderstanding only a night or two later.

Shooting a man holding a weapon, shooting a convoy of guys walking to a fight or resupplying a weapon, thats war those guys are fighting and not surrendering or helpless. Airborn troops that just jumped from a transport are weapons, troops walking down the street with thier hands held high that just killed you brother, father mother, are not weapons. A pilot that just bailed from his plane is not a weapon, if he pulls out his .45 and starts shooting then he is. When he hits the ground, if his hands are not held high, then he just became a weapon. Shooting a bunch of POWs in the back is no Golly-geen different than shooting a bailed pilots chute. There is a difference in eliminating a weapon/threat and down right murder. Ok, this is a game fine, but some of you have already admitted without actually saying it, the murder is ok. That itself is not a game and reflects your real life thoughts!

You disrespect me in this game and I will bad-mouth you, thats my $15 bucks worth.
eskimo, this was not directed at you. I just used your pet peves as an example. Your number 1 frown goes both ways. If you guys insist on having the right to shoot chutes then I will express my right to bad-mouth you on it and other things.
So much or the respect and admiration......watch your back.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #89 on: December 15, 2002, 04:42:48 PM »
Hawk,
I've known Fester (online) for many years.

Fester is the biggest jerk in this game.  Everyone already knows that, even Fester himself.  
He's also the best stick in the game.
He also has the biggest ego.
He''s REALLY smart (yet he does the stupidest things at times).
He also has the worst temper (believe it or not, its getting better).
He's a great mission planner and leader.
He's a great wingman and opponent.
He's got a bad mouth (and its getting better too).
He is two faced.  He'll piss you off just so that you'll act irrationally.  He doesn't mean most of what he says (Yea, I'm guessing here).
He knows how to play the rank game.

Even though he does some unbelievable things, I seriously doubt that he cheats.  

Maybe he milk-ran a base, so what... I don't think he reset the map, so what does it matter?

I don't recall seeing him stick stir.

I don't recall seeing him kill steal, I don't think he even seriously cares who gets credit.

eskimo