Author Topic: Best idea for the rank system  (Read 639 times)

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
Best idea for the rank system
« on: December 11, 2002, 06:25:41 PM »
The first time a pilot log in a tour, the program ask him "Do you want to be ranked this tour? (YES/NO/NOT SURE)". If the player answers "NO", he will not participate in the ranks for that tour, and he will not be shown in any part of the score pages nor affect the rank/scores of his squad. If the player answers "YES", the program ask him "For what country?". So, that pilot will accumulate points, kills, deaths, etc, along that tour only while flying for the choosen team. If the player answer "NOT SURE", the program keeps asking him the same question every time he logs in the arena until he decides YES or NO, but meanwhile, he is not ranked.

This way, the scores and ranks for the squads will be based only on the members that decided to participate in the ranks for the present tour.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2002, 06:38:01 PM by MANDOBLE »

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2002, 06:29:33 PM »
i like it:)

ramzey

Offline Mw007

• Zinc Member
      • http://most-wanted.org
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2002, 06:42:18 PM »
I concur!!

:)

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2002, 07:00:37 PM »
Why?

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2002, 07:22:34 PM »
Originally posted by eskimo2
Why?

1 - There are a lot of people not interested at all about scoring. And, of course, not interested into interfering with other's score nor their own squad score. So, why to force them to be tracked into the scoring system?

2 - For those interested into scoring, at least, no more side switching looking for an advantage environment, you choose a country, and you will score only while flying for that country along that tour.

3 - Why not?

Offline SpinDoc1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2002, 07:39:04 PM »
MANDOBLE,

I think the point you make is pretty significant! If people want rank that won't be able to switch sides to gain the gangbang advantage? That's awesome. I hope HTC reads this, it's usually the simple ideas which work the best, thanks!
AKSpnDoc
Spin Doc's Aces High VR Video channel! https://youtu.be/BKk7_OOHkgI

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2002, 08:10:57 PM »
So Mandoble, are you saying that if you choose "No" to not be scored that tour, will this mean that kills on you by people who choose "yes" to participate will still get points for killing you that will be reflected in their rank?

I think that if you choose to not participate in it (by selecting "no"), then any one who does decide to participate in it shouldn't get any more points or the ability to get a better rank by killing you... and vice versa (their rank/score shouldn't be hurt by you killing them).
-SW

Offline aac

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2002, 08:30:11 PM »
What if the new version makes people even out the numbers by having to fly for a different country then their squad is on, this means that even though you chose yes then any score you might make would not count towards the squads score

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2002, 10:39:41 PM »
sounds good to me...appeases everyone and it should be easy to code...

Offline JustJim

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2002, 10:59:20 PM »
Originally posted by AKS\/\/ulfe
So Mandoble, are you saying that if you choose "No" to not be scored that tour, will this mean that kills on you by people who choose "yes" to participate will still get points for killing you that will be reflected in their rank?

I think that if you choose to not participate in it (by selecting "no"), then any one who does decide to participate in it shouldn't get any more points or the ability to get a better rank by killing you... and vice versa (their rank/score shouldn't be hurt by you killing them).
-SW

I like Mandoble's idea works for me I hate scoring in general.

AKSWulfe as for the people who decide to go with the scoring it should remain the same scores for kills and penalties for getting killed.

Splitting that up would probably be not very easy to calculate in one hand and second it would probably start up a Bounty Hunt between score keepers.

If you decide to keep the scoring system it will only help you to keep the ability to get scores from killing non score keepers (does that make sence?)

Most people that would not keep it most likely haven't got a chance in hell of reaching the top 100 anyway.

Which ever way it goes I wouldnt mind myself to be excluded from the ranking system, All it does for me is tell me how much I suck at this game.

I think in the past I have done better never hitting that score button to see how good or bad I did.

Leave the personal stats for players to check on their own numbers but if you decide to not participate then it could be left out of the main stat page.

Oh Well i'll read that 20 times and probably still not understand what I just typed LOL
 :confused:

JustJim
<< DragonHawks >>
« Last Edit: December 12, 2002, 09:16:31 AM by JustJim »

Offline Lazerus1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2002, 11:19:20 PM »
Oh Well I'll Read That 20 Times And Probably Still Not Understand What I Just Typed LOL

Try Not Capitalizing Every Word In Your Post. It Makes It Much Harder To Read.

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2002, 02:21:14 AM »
Originally posted by AKS\/\/ulfe
-SW

Not, of course, if you are not ranked, but you are killed by or kill a ranked pilot, that kill/death is going to be computed into his score, but not into yours because you have no scoring at all. For scoring purpose, you are a "dangerous drone".

aac, that is correct, your score will affect your squad score only while flying for the choosen country.

Offline Amboss

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2002, 03:58:23 AM »
Heck, I like this! Sounds simple enough too, I'd not even care if ranked pilots got points for killing unranked targets.

-Amboss

Offline Apar

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2002, 04:21:20 AM »

-SW

Exactly!

In the case where the plp that choose not to be ranked but still count for kills of plp that do want to be ranked, what prevents these 'no rankers' to function as pure drones (read easy targets) for squad members? This to enhance the squad score! Or the score of the people they like?
At least at the moment the fact that they influence squad ranking and own ranking prevents some of em to do that.

The other thing is that the 'no rankers' effect the overall score anyway. If you shoot down a 'ranker' it will not only effect your score but also the score of the 'ranker' enemy you shot down. If you shoot down a 'no ranker' it will only effect your score. To get the highest rank in the shortest time (online hours) you want to shoot down only the 'rankers' and not the 'no-rankers'. But can you distinguish in flight who is who, in order to not waist your time?

You could say, well why not make em not even count as a kill then. But that will take up K/T from players who waist their time chasing em, fighting em and killing em only to find out they don't get any points for that kill.

Hence I say, lets leave it like it is.

;)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2002, 04:23:46 AM »
Great idea! HTC should seriously consider this!