Author Topic: This muteing, moderator nonsense is getting old...  (Read 1897 times)

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
This muteing, moderator nonsense is getting old...
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2002, 09:29:37 PM »
:rolleyes:

Thanks for proving my point Shane!

;)
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Grizzly

• Nickel Member
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2002, 09:37:58 PM »
Originally posted by Bodhi
I for one, have been guilty for getting into it with him on CH1 after I stupidly took his bait of an insult and followed suit.

That's really the problem. If folks wouldn't respond as they do...

1)  it could be laughed off

2)  the fun might be gone and he may stop doing it

3)  in the very least there would be less noise on chan 1

Your manhood isn't at stake here. Next time he taunts you, respond with a smilie face and a "hiyas shane". Or go duel him... it could be fun. He sounds like hell but is really a pretty square guy. But he sure is a stubborn fart!

(or should I say gal?)

Offline poopster

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2002, 09:41:41 PM »
I squelched you quite a bit a couple of months back, you tend to go on and on. For awhile I don't think you ever died without an excuse. You've mellowed a bit.

I go along with your "it's the fight" premise, I do the same, although not with similar results. I subscribe to the "I've got seperation, I'm going back in" type of play.. It's fun.

Flying with a few squadies in Uterus on Friday night you kept coming in high in your lag cherry pickin.  Kept pickin on the same low little FM2 each time. I was along for the ride in a Spit V. Got your lunch handed to you 4 times in 45 minutes...

Not a word or an excuse on channel one. That's cool, we're "growing" :D

BTW if I'm drunk, I've been known to humpaleg...

But it has to be cheap beer..

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2002, 09:47:11 PM »
Grizzly,

I do not argue with him on CH1, just squelch when he starts in.  He is too busy proving what I already and 90% of the arena already knows about him for me to worry about it and waste my time on it.  It's  a lost cause as far as I can see, and am just counting the days until he oversteps the edge.  

Until then, he / she will remain a petty annoyance at best.  ;)

BTW, can u please tell me what a slobberdonkey is... that and facestudmuffin, both must be new highschool names, just unsure as to there pertinance.  Maybe I need to make a trip down to the playground to see why he uses it.

LOL :D
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2002, 11:01:15 PM »
Originally posted by poopster
Flying with a few squadies in Uterus on Friday night you kept coming in high in your lag cherry pickin.  Kept pickin on the same low little FM2 each time. I was along for the ride in a Spit V. Got your lunch handed to you 4 times in 45 minutes...
Not a word or an excuse on channel one. That's cool, we're "growing" :D

see... this is what people are failing to get.... i was at that base furballing, multicon environment, base taking attempt even... i never say a word because in that situation anything goes.

it's when i'm a 1/3 or 1/2 sector away from the base, off the main flight route, just looking for a nice little 1 v 1 or 1 v 2 action, not bothering the base, and then bam! 3 4 5 come tearing after me or after i'm already busy with 1 or 2... that's when you'll see "lol lamer gangers" from me.  that 3,4,5 are also depriving the 1 or 2 of a good fight and/or learning experience.  it's just totally *unnecessary.* and then they "brag" about nailing "Shane" in that situation... lofl!

oh yeah, and those who bounce me, then either try and play joust warrior with the HO's (no biggie) *and* then take off running after *they* came for me and screwed it up... they'll get a "run away! flee! TA ---> " from me. hell of a big difference between extending and running with your tail tucked for the safety of ack/horde.

i don't randomly insult people - i rarely am even addressing *anyone* specifically when that first "lol, lamer gangers" or other barb is typed. i only provide very biting commentary on their generic style of gameplay.  and after that "gangers" comment *other* people (often not even involved in the situation) come back with "it's your own fault, SA blah blah blah " so i fire back with a few barbs.   no one is forcing anyone to even respond to my generic "whine" - yet they always do. just like i don't have to respond back, i do sometimes, i mean i'm on climbout, yanno, i have some time on my hands.  :D

yet... all the focus is on me and people with blinders (often ankle humping slobberdonkeys) fail to take everything into consideration and *only* focus on that one side.

the BBS is slightly different... i'll hose down the ankle humpers when they start in on me here.  if it makes them cry... well too bad... don't dish it if you can't take it. you notice how these same guys try and turn every discussion of moderators into a "anklehump" Shane thread?  there are two distinct issues moderators and how *others* are perceiving them, and then there's *me* - fwiw i've dealt with the moderators a total of, ohhhh, 2, maybe 3 times at most. i've been warned/muted by the autofilter about the same amount of times in 15 months.

do you ever see these ankle humpers going after say, those who are always BS this! POS that! You Cheat! THIS FM sucks! GV's suck! FU! Blow me! prettythangHole, CANADA/SADDAM/DEMOCRATS SUCK!! (well, you get the idea). there are quite a few regulars who partake in the above. do these ankle humpers even mention those? nooope.  yet, those are the real culprits behind channel 1 squelches, i'm just more visibly on ch 1 because there'll be a lot of dweebs  trying to trashtalk me the same way they fly... weakly and in gangs.

yet... "lamer gangers, dweeb, TA --->, clueless ackbunny HO dweeb" earn these ankle humpers constant cries to recognize their posse commitus. ever wonder why? because they've been guilty of being lamer ganger joust warrior ack bunnies and have had it said *to* them *by* me.  i'm guessing that it's nothing more than a defensive guilt deflection mechanism. then throw in that they've gone off on me on ch 1 (with personal insults i might add) and i simply turn *their* lame insults right back on them and make them look kinda stupid.  ouch. waaaaah.  ban him! ban him!

hell, i don't even remember the situation that set off the "lamer ganger" chain (they're all a blur because there are sadly so many clueless seals who are passing along to a new generation of air combat simmers the same clueless sealness)... so get over it already, try and improve your ACM or something so you won't need to rely on a gang or running.  those ankle humpers are *obsessing* fer christ's sake.

lol. sorry to rant, but i'm tired of these vengeful, petty, blinder wearing ankle humping slobberdonkeys stalking me on the BBS - hunt me down in the arena, fine, i don't care, add to the discussion at hand, fine, but STOP HUMPING MY diddlyING ANKLE!

oh yeah - afterthought - part of the problem is people don't see me giving out faux . i'm *not* military, i'm a civilian who's playing a ww2 air combat sim (game), instead i use either :) or "fun" when i actually have a very good encounter.

YMMV.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2002, 03:01:44 AM by Shane »
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline poopster

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2002, 11:33:10 PM »
Well humpalegging aside..

If there ain't any cheap beer, I'm not goin to be contracting any abdominals on a fibula...

What happened to that STFU poster ??

Kinda liked it...

It had it's own form of communication :)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2002, 11:33:29 PM »
Originally posted by Grizzly
That's really the problem. If folks wouldn't respond as they do...
1)  it could be laughed off
2)  the fun might be gone and he may stop doing it
3)  in the very least there would be less noise on chan 1
(or should I say gal?)

yeah, grizzly you're pretty much right.  in any case, all that would be seen would be one line of "lol@lamer gangers" or "clueless seal, TA --->"  followed by normal ch 1 chatter.

it's when people want to play word warrior is when the buffer can get cluttered. i'm not the *only* guilty party in all this.

and while i'm on this, wtf is ch1 for?  whines, squeakes, accusations of "cheating", smack/trashtalk,  or comments on one's ISP/warps  (or lack thereof) are as much a part of ch 1 (online game comms) as are the , "hello"' and in general banal watermelon chat. anyone who claims otherwise must be limited to standalone box games.

people are individuals, some engage in only some of the above, some engage in none, some engage in all. there *are* lines not to be crossed, and people do have lapses in judgement at times and it's not very often i think I do either.

ch 1 is a dynamic beast, who wants a sterile, forced and trite ch1? of course total anarchy isn't to be desired either. it's often been said "this is a chat room with attached."
« Last Edit: December 22, 2002, 03:06:10 AM by Shane »
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2002, 12:45:03 AM »
Holy Walls O Text, Batman! :eek:

culero ;)
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline Aub

• Nickel Member
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2002, 12:46:50 AM »
That's a Tex-like response to some of your WOTs, mister culero

Offline Grizzly

• Nickel Member
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2002, 03:51:52 AM »
Originally posted by Bodhi
Grizzly,

I do not argue with him on CH1, just squelch when he starts in.  

BTW, can u please tell me what a slobberdonkey is... that and facestudmuffin, both must be new highschool names
LOL :D

Of course, I don't know what you do. My suggestion was for everyone... a shoe to wear if it fits.

A facestudmuffin is a person who intentionally takes head on shots rather than maneuver for a gun solution. Facestudmuffin easy, maneuver hard, some players lazy and just don't have any self respect. I guess a slobberdonkey is one who says a lot of moronic stuff.

Let's look at Shane.

Players who constantly duck into their ack so you can't kill them, but then come running out to nip at your ankles when you turn away, rinse and repeat, are aggravating. Some like me just put up with it, others like Shane complain. Don't blame Shane... blame the donutwood who has to be a pain in the butt.

Players that fly high in fast planes and dive on you when you are occupied, then run away when they fail to kill you are a pain in the butt. Some like me put up with it, but others like Shane complain. Don't blame Shane, blame the jerk off who won't fight you. Don't waste your clue, I know that B&Z is a valid fight style, but it's boring as hell for the B&Zee and does nothing to lend to the fun of the game. It's about as fun as playing with as a dead skunk.

Just when you finally find a fun fight in a remote location, after spending all night being aggravated by the above players, some turds have to dive in and screw up your fun fight. Bad enough that goof offs do this, but you often find some top notch players doing it also. Some players have to work for their kills, or even find a fun match. Players who gang in for some easy kills care nothing for others, and live only to gather kills so they can brag and act like they're ultra l33t topgunnz. They are as aggravating to me as to Shane, but I keep quiet while Shane complains. Don't blame Shane, he wasn't the rude, greedy point monger who cares little for anyone else.

If I were to complain I would probably say something like, DAMMIT. Shane has his own way. It's just a few words, nothing that needs bother anyone, except the jerk who brought it on. The arena disruption starts when a bunch of players, who were not involved, feel the need to jump in and squeak about Shane. He isn't going to let these remarks go unchallenged... so channel one becomes polluted with roadkill.

It takes two to tango... don't just blame Shane. I think all that argue over this petty crap are dickheads... but I won't say anything because it would do no good and only cause disruption.

BTW, Bodhi... not accusing you... just saying (tm Pasha).

/rant