Author Topic: Heh, Raelians are funny.  (Read 303 times)

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Heh, Raelians are funny.
« on: December 28, 2002, 12:52:28 PM »
They said this with regards to cloning to reach the goal of immortality:

"Your personality, your memory -- everything recalled in your brain -- you download it when you die in an adult cell, an adult clone of yourself, and then you can have eternal life through different bodies," he said. "

No, your adult cell will not contain information about your memories and personality. It's akin to having an empty hard drive - you fill it up with info and woopti, there's the person.

Cloning will give them similar 'hard drives' - buthormones etc in the prenatal stage will result in a slightly different one.

Then there's the act of filling the hard drive.

These guys have hired people to clone people, and they don't even know the basic limitations. They don't even have the brains to play out a simp+le mind game:

If you copy yourself exactly as you are right this very moment,l will you then be two persons? Nope; the microsecond after you'll have experienced different things - there'll be two independent persons that genetically are identical. In the case of a dead adult, there'll only be one.

Identical twins ain't the same person. Geehs, you'd think they used their brain. Oh, wait, they're religious nutters. They probably think the brain is a fat deposit kinda like a beer gut.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Heh, Raelians are funny.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2002, 12:57:31 PM »
I say let them have a damn clone.  When the parent version dies and isnt' uploaded into the younger version then we can all point and laugh.  HaHaH!  Silly Raelians.  It fills me with great pride that these imbeciles are out of Quebec.

Sigh, I would like to see them them explain to the clone how having their personality erased buy the parent when they die is a good thing.   Damn I wish religions could at least be a little bit more internally consistant in their rediculous beliefs.

Offline hawk220

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Heh, Raelians are funny.
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2002, 01:04:52 PM »
here is their website.. um..not that I know anything about them..umm.

http://www.rael.org/

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Heh, Raelians are funny.
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2002, 01:13:42 PM »
Holy crap.  I love their 'evidence' page.

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Heh, Raelians are funny.
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2002, 02:06:21 PM »
I can't get over how much their leader looks like comedian Steven Wright:

Offline udet

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.angelfire.com/nd/mihaipruna/dogfight.html
Heh, Raelians are funny.
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2002, 09:34:09 PM »