Author Topic: Dogs  (Read 2914 times)

Offline janneh

• Copper Member
Dogs
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2002, 04:12:02 PM »
Originally posted by funkedup
I hate dogs.  Filthy vermin.

Obviously, you never had your OWN dog, mommy denied it, just try to live with it ;)

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Dogs
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2002, 04:16:07 PM »
Both dogs and cats are cool.
Specially when raise them together since babies, they develop very different from other dogs/cat.

The cat adopts much of the dogs personality, and vice versa. Resulting in cats that are unusually playful and cheery, and dogs that sit around looking cool.

As for breeds, mongrel black cats are always the best. As for dogs, the Bull Terrier is by far the best dog breed ever.

A face only an owner could love :)
Bull Terriers have the best personality a dog could have.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Dogs
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2002, 04:21:33 PM »
I would venture to say that, that is incorrect.

Originally posted by AKDejaVu
Talk to a pediatrition.  I'd venture to say there are more child deaths attributed to cats than dogs.  Adults it would be a close call.

AKDejaVu
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Dogs
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2002, 04:23:38 PM »
I'm not a very good flamer ;)

Happy New Year!!!

Originally posted by janneh
Kanth, I expected some kind of flame war here, not that kind of reasonable discussion :)
I'm very sorry to hear about your dog attack :(
I guess I got your point, animals will be always animals, no matter how pets they should supposed to be.
Pet is a pet whether it's a cat, dog, crocodile or dragon, we will love them anyway (I still hate cats!).
Happy new year Kanth! :)
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Dogs
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2002, 04:25:56 PM »
Originally posted by AKDejaVu
Talk to a pediatrition.  I'd venture to say there are more child deaths attributed to cats than dogs.  Adults it would be a close call.

AKDejaVu

Sorry, as much as I love dogs, I have to correct you that by far there are more children killed by dogs than cats.

But on most instances, the dogs were poorly raised so it can almost always be blamed on people.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Dogs
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2002, 04:35:10 PM »
-:)
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Dogs
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2002, 04:36:18 PM »
btw I'm fairly certain you are including disease and infection as the causes for the deaths which bumps the cat up as a cause (higher risk of infection with cats) but I'm still going to have to go with dogs as the higher percentage of 'fatalities'.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Dogs
« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2002, 04:40:21 PM »
nice wrinkle system he's got going there :D

Originally posted by Holden McGroin
-:)

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Dogs
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2002, 04:50:46 PM »
Originally posted by Kanth
btw I'm fairly certain you are including disease and infection as the causes for the deaths which bumps the cat up as a cause (higher risk of infection with cats) but I'm still going to have to go with dogs as the higher percentage of 'fatalities'.
Disease and infection are definately figured in... and it doesn't quite "bump" cats up, it sends them through the roof.  To the point that most pediatritians recommend not having a cat around small children (especially while they are still crawling).

If your talking fatal assaults, then dogs will have the higher statistics, though only medium/large dogs.  And for that reason... they are larger.  Cats are no more/less prone to attack someone then a dog.  They just are rarely (if ever) fatal simply due to their size.  Its like saying oppossums are sweet because they don't kill as many people as dogs do.

AKDejaVu

Offline Chanter

• Copper Member
Dogs
« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2002, 05:23:27 PM »
A couple of my favourite quotes:

"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." - Unknown
1841 Fleet Air Arm

Offline rc51

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Dogs
« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2002, 05:28:42 PM »
I love dogs my wife and I help with mobil adoptions for thw SPCA
Here in Dallas

Offline rc51

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Dogs
« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2002, 05:30:33 PM »
They dont judge they only want love .

Offline X2Lee

• Silver Member
Dogs
« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2002, 05:47:00 PM »
Originally posted by Kanth
I

I have to wonder if more LW pilots own cats and more spitfire pilots own dogs..

I have great danes and cats, they eat from the same food bowl.
in the winter the cats will pile on the danes out in the yard.
its funny to watch them get along. You could tell when they had been playing because the kittens would be drenched in dog slober  ;->

Anyway I like niks and pee 38s.

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
Dogs
« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2002, 05:50:24 PM »
Well this is the dog we looked after this year:

Offline rc51

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Dogs
« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2002, 05:51:22 PM »
looks like a good dog swoopy