Author Topic: Squelchlist....NOW  (Read 1815 times)

Offline Ozark

• Silver Member
Squelchlist....NOW
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2003, 06:47:58 PM »
Look at all the Dweebs!!!

IMO: Ask politely for an option… never demand. Remember the Golden Rule.

This … “I’ll shove it in your face HTC!! I pay my 50 cents each day!! I demand respect!! Hear ME!!!” ...tactic is low-life dweeb.

Have some respect for yourself and others!
The Golden Rule!  It works better than the lazy-ass, sloppy with no self respect option that loud mouths are fond of.

Respectfully yours,

Ozark

Offline GPreddy

• Copper Member
Squelchlist....NOW
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2003, 06:51:50 PM »
Not a bad idea! A permanent squelch list maybe an easier way to squelch people from the text window and top it all off with higher subscription rates for those that would like to pay it. Im for leaving the rates where they are. It adds more of a true ww2 environment since there were so many dweebs flying in that war but since its a game and Im here to have fun I dont want to see them cuss at me after I kill them or tell me how lame that rope was. You want to pay more go ahead and if the rates go up I wont leave but a lot of fun will be lost.

Offline Joc

• Silver Member
Squelchlist....NOW
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2003, 06:58:02 PM »
100% with perma squelch :)
Joc

Offline Ozark

• Silver Member
Squelchlist....NOW
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2003, 08:55:31 PM »
BTW: HTC,  Please add a manual squelch. Maybe an option that we update each tour. Thank you.

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
Squelchlist....NOW
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2003, 09:17:58 PM »
I have read htcs little comments on this, and I think they are being silly.  There is nooooo good reason not to remember who you are squelching.  Maybe they could even monitor it.  When shane ends up on every active members perma squelch list maybe they will send him a pizza, and free trip to the tanning salon.

Offline poopster

• Silver Member
Squelchlist....NOW
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2003, 09:19:53 PM »
It tends to get a bit much on occasion. A perma-squelch option would probably be a good thing. I enjoy channel 1 simply for the good fight banter.

A from anyone to anybody tells me there are some gentlemen out there giving a salute' for a good fight, which is the way it should be. Good fights and salute's. That's the game people.

That, and if you cut out all the BS that flows....

"nopoop landed 5 kills in a F4U-1D of the ** Blue Knights **" stays up there quite a bit longer..

THAT gives the balloon drop and the music the time to play..:D
« Last Edit: January 05, 2003, 09:25:19 PM by poopster »

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Squelchlist....NOW
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2003, 09:26:41 PM »
Originally posted by ergRTC
When shane ends up on every active members perma squelch list maybe they will send him a pizza, and free trip to the tanning salon.

and when I don't, maybe you'll realize the best way to shut me up might be to actually learn how to use ACM isntead of relying on slobberdonkey tactics.

:)
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline weazel

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Darn it JOC!
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2003, 10:23:48 PM »
But then I couldn't razz you about flying the sissyfire on the infrequent times I play. :p

Originally posted by Joc
100% with perma squelch :)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Squelchlist....NOW
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2003, 11:13:03 PM »
Sounds like you had an unfriendly encounter with ROTC.

Ack-Ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Squelchlist....NOW
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2003, 11:16:52 PM »
Originally posted by anton
Do you think perma-squelch is good/bad? why?
Anton

How we feel is kind of a mute point because HiTech has said over and over again that he's not going to add perma-squelch to the game.  I think he said it was because it's not a true solution to the problem. Just because you might not hear the guy anymore it doesn't stop the guy from continueing to act like an ass.

Ack-Ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Squelchlist....NOW
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2003, 11:26:43 PM »
Could this be done..
Make a psudo-squad that each person was the 'CO' of.
The 'Squelch Squad' and you, the 'CO' could 'invite' members, the people you want to squelch. This is completely on your end, or FE I guess, and nothing goes out to your 'squelch squad members'. The only thing being in this 'squad' means is that their radio priveledges are banned, so you do not hear them.

[ Gee there I go again ... having an idea.
Gota sit down and rest awhile... my brain hurts. ]

fuzeman
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline anton

• Nickel Member
      • http://n/a
Squelchlist....NOW
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2003, 12:31:31 AM »
As long as EVERYONE has the option to permanatley squelch said ass- wheres the problem?

If a tree falls in the forest & no one is around to hear it------

If you dont hear the sound- Is it noise?

So far, I have heard several good reasons for it. Still waiting for 1 good reason against it. Confused about how/why some other topics made it into this thread, but no tellin whats up with THAT.

As for what HiTech may or may not have said on topic- I have no idea, But its time to talk it over again...... Id like to hear some good reason/s why its not a good idea.  "because hitech said" isnt enuff.

I dont think it needs to be anymore complicated than say..
  /.permsquelch anton
simple,easy,effective,permanant

Anton

Offline arsekick

• Zinc Member
alternatives
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2003, 12:39:29 AM »
I have noticed the inane political talk getting worse & the my country is better than your country,  so there :p  is becoming really annoying. because I dont like to squelch CH1 for the same reasons as most of you, I have found that if I start quoting monty python or some other totally ridiculous banter , others tend to join in & drown out the soap box despots.
Sadly, the lets bomb half the world & make them do what we say because we are the mightiest mentality reminds me of what happened 60 years ago. & we all know how that turned out.

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
Squelchlist....NOW
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2003, 03:23:03 AM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
How we feel is kind of a mute point because HiTech has said over and over again that he's not going to add perma-squelch to the game.  I think he said it was because it's not a true solution to the problem. Just because you might not hear the guy anymore it doesn't stop the guy from continueing to act like an ass.

But a perma squelch list would be a better solution than to squelch the whole channel 1.
I'm 100% for perma squelch. There are just to many idiots arround here.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Squelchlist....NOW
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2003, 03:58:21 AM »
I would like to see a better solution than what is currently available.

Right now my best bet is to simply squelch channel 1 the moment I log into the MA.  I went so far as to program a button on my joystick to squelch channel 1 just to save me the effort.

I'd like the have channel 1 to and chat about a good fight with my recent opponent, but with channel 1 co-opted by the virtual Napoleons I find it best for my fun to simply squelch the whole thing.:(
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-