Author Topic: Squelchlist....NOW  (Read 1816 times)

Offline Ecke-109-

• Copper Member
Squelchlist....NOW
« on: January 05, 2003, 07:11:19 AM »
What is the reason for HTC not bringing out a permanent squelchlist?
Why isnt it possible to take permanent idiots in a permanent squelchlist??
Some examples?
At certain daytimes about 2dozen of John Wayne's entering the game and spam the chat with political hardliner-talk.
They are talking to each other how big their guns are,and how pretty easy it could be to win wars against china,the musslims,and so on and so on.....

Another example?
At least two times it happens that someone noticed that i am german.They told me how they love the germans because the germans showed the jews the right way in former days!!

Yesterday..knights:160,bishops:160,Rooks:160

I am a gentle guy and i have friends all over the arena.So i dont want to squelch chanel 1.That means to squelch about 320 guys because of about 1 to 3 dozen small-brained gentlemen.

So i ask HTC:what is the reason for not bringing out a squelchlist?
Why does HTC force guys who just want to have fun to squelch idiots day by day and number by number?

Ecke

Offline mrsid2

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Squelchlist....NOW
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2003, 07:39:12 AM »
Yeah and to top it all, some players have moronic names like 457890247 etc. which are a real pain to copy for squelch..

Offline anton

• Nickel Member
      • http://n/a
Squelchlist....NOW
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2003, 10:29:22 AM »
I must agree. Perma-squelch is FAR overdue.  If the game can remember what my ammo/fuel load was, it should be able to remember who was squelched as well.

Some guys out there (refraining from names) Never seem to have ANYTHING good to say, they play 22 hours a day, & never shut up the whole time they fly. Grantd this makes them easy to kill, but still annoying.

Seems easy enuff to do, & i dont see any downside to it. There seems to be plenty of people who think its a good idea.

Anton

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
Squelchlist....NOW
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2003, 12:59:05 PM »
Yes! This is DEFINATELY the way to get it done! Demand it!

Yeah right...

:D
MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

Offline anton

• Nickel Member
      • http://n/a
Squelchlist....NOW
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2003, 02:41:52 PM »
Mark you may have missed the direction of the post. I doubt that he expects HTC to follow his demand, but rather see how many people agree, that the number of "perma-squelch" poster children grows daily. And the fact that squelching all CH1 is less than desirable because of the GOOD talk that can be missed,  (i.e. wtg, GK, nice shot, great merge, etc., etc.)

Yer right maybe a more gentle approach might not fetch a flame so fast ( there does seem to ba a LARGE number of "flamers" here :rolleyes: ). But, I look at it more like an attention grabber, than an order.

So btw, you took time to respond but didnt leave a educated vote or opinion. Do you think perma-squelch is good/bad? why?
Anton

Offline Ecke-109-

• Copper Member
Squelchlist....NOW
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2003, 03:03:23 PM »
i agree mark...

it is just a kind of demand.
I am tierd of reading endless stupid political discussions on chanel1.
And i am tierd of beeing the 'friend' of someone who thinks all germans are nazis.
Since the monthly fee of AH went down(for that i love HT) good manners and style went down,too, on chanel 1.
I hope HT is cool enough to see this post as what it is.And didnt ignore it of the demanding form.
Its just a kind of frustration.

Greets from Ecke

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Squelchlist....NOW
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2003, 03:13:00 PM »
Couldn't agree more. I get so tired of the same names yelling in caps all the time.

Why can't I just squelch them? Permanently.

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
Squelchlist....NOW
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2003, 03:20:26 PM »
I should have added my opinion, true. I do agree with a permanent squelch list but have no idea how it should be implemented. It would be nice to have it as a text based item in settings that could be edited easily.

Ecke, I really didn't mean that as a flame, just a funny. Guess I was the only one to see the humor in it. My Bad. I do beleive that the title of a post and the way it is presented makes a very big difference on how it is received, that is why I posted what I did.
MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
Re: Squelchlist....NOW
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2003, 03:45:42 PM »
Originally posted by Ecke-109-
What is the reason for HTC not bringing out a permanent squelchlist?
Why isnt it possible to take permanent idiots in a permanent squelchlist??
Some examples?
At certain daytimes about 2dozen of John Wayne's entering the game and spam the chat with political hardliner-talk.
They are talking to each other how big their guns are,and how pretty easy it could be to win wars against china,the musslims,and so on and so on.....

Another example?
At least two times it happens that someone noticed that i am german.They told me how they love the germans because the germans showed the jews the right way in former days!!

Yesterday..knights:160,bishops:160,Rooks:160

I am a gentle guy and i have friends all over the arena.So i dont want to squelch chanel 1.That means to squelch about 320 guys because of about 1 to 3 dozen small-brained gentlemen.

So i ask HTC:what is the reason for not bringing out a squelchlist?
Why does HTC force guys who just want to have fun to squelch idiots day by day and number by number?

Ecke

I second that!  With the immaturity level of some 10 year old kids babbling about all the politics that they know .. I wonder why HTC hasn’t implemented this earlier..
« Last Edit: January 05, 2003, 03:50:44 PM by WldThing »

Offline OZkansas

• Nickel Member
Squelchlist....NOW
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2003, 03:47:23 PM »
Ya, HT, do something!!!

I suggest $49.95/mo:D

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
Squelchlist....NOW
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2003, 05:43:56 PM »
Guess I'll throw my vote in here, permanent squelch list is something I've hoped for  for quite some time. Would also be nice if the squelchee recieved a message stating he had been squelched but I'm not a proponent of them being told by who as in WBs.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Squelchlist....NOW
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2003, 05:52:47 PM »
Originally posted by aztec
Guess I'll throw my vote in here, permanent squelch list is something I've hoped for  for quite some time. Would also be nice if the squelchee recieved a message stating he had been squelched but I'm not a proponent of them being told by who as in WBs.

as long as it can be like the /.showjoin option where it'll show in the buffer and not be a box... too many "griefers" would just use this to spam popups.

funny, tho, how you're advocating "shame" methodology but you're not willing to "stand up and be counted" when doing so.

besides, HT has pretty much said this is a non-issue/non-starter/non-option/big-dead-horse to him and that he prefers to handle things otehr ways.

personally, i'm all for permasquelch,  altho' unlike many, i'm also perfectly capable of just mentally filtering out things and never even use /.squelch anyway.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Taiaha

• Copper Member
Squelchlist....NOW
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2003, 06:03:11 PM »
Would love to see this, and I honestly don't understand why Hitech sees this as a non-issue, if Shane is correct. It's something that a substantial body of players want, it will improve the experience for many without affecting the people who are squelched.  I'm not quite sure what other measures for "handling" this Hitech (as represented by Shane) is referring to, but whatever they are I don't see them working.

My preferred option would be an add-on to the roster.  You pull up the roster, there's a little checkbox by a person's name, you check it, and they disappear from your life.  I don't think there's any need to send them a message or whatever; that just gives them more of the attention they are usually craving.

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
Squelchlist....NOW
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2003, 06:08:44 PM »
.squelch shane...there, now i'm counted ;)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Squelchlist....NOW
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2003, 06:11:19 PM »
Originally posted by aztec
.squelch shane...there, now i'm counted ;)

pssssttt  ignore user would be more appropriate for here.

what is it with so many clueless seals these days?

;)

and taiaha, it's my understanding that HTC finds it preferable to simply not accept business from those (t)he(y) deem truly unworthy.

personally i find this, with the ever-growing size of the player base, to be quite labor intensive for only a few people to monitor, handle (and there *are* coverage times when a HTC appointed "monitor" might not simply be available to provide fly on the wall coverage.)  not to mention related vox issues, both private and range...

it's HTC's call, who knows, perhaps he may eventually revisit and reconsider the issues.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2003, 06:38:28 PM by Shane »
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.