Author Topic: Ja sind unsere Kinder in guten Hnden.  (Read 2084 times)

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Ja sind unsere Kinder in guten Hnden.
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2003, 02:30:16 PM »
Originally posted by john9001
todays kids are wimps, back in my day if a kid refused to say the pledge, we would have just beat him up after school.

You would beat up a kid for exercising his Constitutional rights?  Cripes, who is "we", you and your Hilter Youth group?

SaburoS, AKIron, you're both poo-poo heads. :p

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2003, 02:37:25 PM »
Originally posted by AKIron
As I said, lots of witnesses. Or do you think they'll all lie too, probably a Republican plot right? Never mind, don't bother to answer.

This isn't a Republican thing nor a Democrat thing, not a liberal thing or a conservative thing. It is an American Constitution, and law abiding thing. Too bad you don't see it.

Lots of witnesses? Sure there were. So how come:
After investigating Kearney's complaint, district Superintendent John Burke decided in December to send a warning letter to Laven.
After:
Laven didn't return calls seeking comment. But Laven told Burke during Burke's investigation that Woodbury was disruptive and tried to incite other students not to say the pledge, according to Burke's written report.

Again perhaps it is you that is assuming things.
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2003, 02:38:58 PM »
Originally posted by Thrawn
You would beat up a kid for exercising his Constitutional rights?  Cripes, who is "we", you and your Hilter Youth group?

Hehe, yup I can be at times ;)
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2003, 02:41:12 PM »
Laven didn't return calls seeking comment. But Laven told Burke during Burke's investigation that Woodbury was disruptive and tried to incite other students not to say the pledge, according to Burke's written report.

Because he's being investigated, believe it or not... in order to have a real investigation you don't tell jack toejam to the media, cuz they are a bunch of tards.

After investigating Kearney's complaint, district Superintendent John Burke decided in December to send a warning letter to Laven.

What kind of warning letter? Warning him not to talk to the media? Warning him not to talk to the kid or his parents?

Warning him of what exactly?

You have very little information there.
-SW

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2003, 02:47:59 PM »
Originally posted by john9001
todays kids are wimps, back in my day if a kid refused to say the pledge, we would have just beat him up after school.

Hear hear!

And Thrawn, just because you might have a protected right to do something, does not mean you should excercise that right whenever you can.

If you want to, sure, but you can bet that you will provoke some kind of reaction.

Reminds me of when I was in the military, -true story to follow-

In one of the other companys (the one on the floor below ours in the barracks, or Kazerne, or whatever its called in English) one guy decided that it was a good idea to come out of the closet during his military service, so he told everyone in his platoon that he was gay.

SMART MOVE.

First he recieved the total freeze out. No one, and I mean NO ONE would talk to the guy, no one would stay in the same room as him etc, no one would help him with anything. During manuevers the officers had to order guys to help him if he needed help with anything (you know, small things like helping eachother put on the backpack etc)  

This went on for a couple of weeks (that guy became well known throughout the regiment, pretty soon everyone was avoiding him). He would not take the hint though, so they told him to go to the platoon leader and ask for a transfer. The guy refused though...for some unknown reason.

So, one night they beat him up in the shower room. And the next day he was transferred out and never seen again.

Moral of the story:
Even though his right to be gay is protected by the Swedish law, the gay dude still had to face the consequences of exercising those rights.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2003, 02:51:13 PM »
Originally posted by Thrawn

I dunno about poo-poo head but according to my wife and perhaps everyone within 5 miles of me driving on the highway I can definitely be an prettythanghole.

:cool:
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2003, 02:52:43 PM »
Originally posted by AKS\/\/ulfe

Because he's being investigated, believe it or not... in order to have a real investigation you don't tell jack toejam to the media, cuz they are a bunch of tards.

What kind of warning letter? Warning him not to talk to the media? Warning him not to talk to the kid or his parents?

Warning him of what exactly?

You have very little information there.
-SW

True enough about the investigation and the media. The same can be said of the student's "disruptive" behavior.

But AFTER his investigation, John Burke decided to send Laven a warning letter. LOL I hardly find that a warning letter would be necessary to tell a teacher not to talk to the media. Based on the article, I am assuming (yes AKIron, I am assuming just like you and most are in forming our opinions in this case) that the warning letter is some sort of "Don't let it happen again" type of letter.
If the student was truly disruptive, teachers normally send the offending student to the principals or deans office.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2003, 02:52:59 PM »
Originally posted by AKIron
I dunno about poo-poo head but according to my wife and perhaps everyone within 5 miles of me driving on the highway I can definitely be an prettythanghole.

:cool:

:D

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2003, 02:55:59 PM »
Good point, but I am very skeptical of the whole situation... it happened in California after all. :)
-SW

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2003, 03:07:43 PM »
Originally posted by Hortlund
Hear hear!

Reminds me of when I was in the military, -true story to follow-

In one of the other companys (the one on the floor below ours in the barracks, or Kazerne, or whatever its called in English) one guy decided that it was a good idea to come out of the closet during his military service, so he told everyone in his platoon that he was gay.

SMART MOVE.

First he recieved the total freeze out. No one, and I mean NO ONE would talk to the guy, no one would stay in the same room as him etc, no one would help him with anything. During manuevers the officers had to order guys to help him if he needed help with anything (you know, small things like helping eachother put on the backpack etc)  

This went on for a couple of weeks (that guy became well known throughout the regiment, pretty soon everyone was avoiding him). He would not take the hint though, so they told him to go to the platoon leader and ask for a transfer. The guy refused though...for some unknown reason.

So, one night they beat him up in the shower room. And the next day he was transferred out and never seen again.

Moral of the story:
Even though his right to be gay is protected by the Swedish law, the gay dude still had to face the consequences of exercising those rights.

EXACTLY, Hortlund!! Just because you have rights doesn't mean there isn't concequences if you exercise your rights! Imagine the pure unmitigated GALL of someone admitting to being gay and NOT expecting to be beaten!!

That stupid studmuffin soldier and that stupid 8th grade dork should have both just stood at attention, say what they were TOLD to say and kept their rights to themselves! Their rights only extend as far as their tounge. Once they say something they have violated MY rights by making me listen to something I don't want to hear.

BTW Steve, where in Montana are you from anyway?

:)

Offline -dead-

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2003, 03:14:22 PM »
"California law requires students to participate in patriotic exercises daily"

Damn, that's scary.
“The FBI has no hard evidence connecting Usama Bin Laden to 9/11.” --  Rex Tomb, Chief of Investigative Publicity for the FBI, June 5, 2006.

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2003, 03:18:39 PM »
Originally posted by Airhead
Their rights only extend as far as their tounge. Once they say something they have violated MY rights by making me listen to something I don't want to hear.

BTW Steve, where in Montana are you from anyway?

:)

hehe a smiley airhead? Are you getting soft in your old days?

ANYWAY

I'm not really sure how that gay dude figured the situation would play out after he told everyone about his orientation. Maybe he had some mental image about a snake pit on the floor or something, I dunno.

But generally I would expect that if you're gay, and if you are planning to come out, you probably should do so when you are at the university surrounded by hundreds of liberals or something, and not when you are in the military, surrounded by hundreds of guys aged 18-20 all trying to fit in and act as macho as possible.

I dont know if you have been in the military, but the jargon can be pretty harsh against various types of people, with gay people being one of the more un-appreciated people types.

Sweden...not Montana. Although I've heard that Montana is a beautiful state.

Offline whgates3

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2003, 03:37:40 PM »
Originally posted by blitz

I would prefer "Na, sind unsere Kinder in guten Hnden?"

but it's quite ok like it is .

Regards Blitz :)

hey blitz, does "ich bin ein berliner" really mean "i am a jelly dounght"?

Offline weazel

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Lol Airhead, that one went WHOOSH!
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2003, 03:38:13 PM »
Right over steves head.  :D

"Sweden...not Montana. Although I've heard that Montana is a beautiful state."

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
Re: Lol Airhead, that one went WHOOSH!
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2003, 03:43:27 PM »
Originally posted by weazel