Author Topic: "happy" anniversary  (Read 1169 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
"happy" anniversary
« on: January 22, 2003, 08:22:55 AM »
wtg - 30 years of bloodshed :(

the "good news" is teenage births have declined :(

for every 100 births there are approx 30 aborts ... amazin
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
"happy" anniversary
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2003, 08:44:06 AM »
Funny thing is 'abortion on demand' has proven to be a myth.

Abortions actually decreased 4% since 1996.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
birth control
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2003, 08:58:23 AM »
Eighty percent of women having abortions are single; 60 percent are white; 35 percent are black.

Eighty-two percent of the women having abortions are unmarried or separated.

Almost half of American women (43 percent) will have an abortion sometime in their lifetime.

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
"happy" anniversary
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2003, 09:05:55 AM »
You going to adopt all those unwanted children and give them love?  The mother who definitely doesn't want them is going to raise them and love them?

43% of American women???   Not a chance in hell.  That HAS to take into account women having multiple abortions.  I know one female that's had an abortion.  Then again, I live in the town where the abortion clinic has been bombed and one of the doctors shot...
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
"happy" anniversary
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2003, 09:08:01 AM »
I know one female that's had an abortion.

you know one who will tell you about it.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
"happy" anniversary
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2003, 09:09:25 AM »
sand

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
"happy" anniversary
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2003, 09:12:53 AM »
take action, appose atempts to avoid responsability for your actions by killing babies

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
"happy" anniversary
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2003, 09:21:50 AM »
You know what is really funny about this issue?

That it wasn't an issue until women's sufferage.

Seriously, there was no outrage about abortion before women started asking and demanding equal rights.  Once they did that the anti-women people had to find new tools to keep them "in their place".

You can find adds in New Englend papers from the 1700s and 1800s advertising abortion services.  Nobody picketed or shot those providers.  Why?  Because it wasn't an issue.

I'm not saying that people like Eagler are being two-faced about this.  I am saying that the people who started the attacks on birth control (abortion is simply one form) back in the days of women's sufferage were two-faced.  Modern people like Eagler have simply been educated and brought up in that environment to believe as they do and are thus innocent of the base and vile manipulation that started the whole anti-women movement in the USA.  They have been manipulated just as much, if not more so, than the women attacked by these principals of unequality.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline hawk220

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
"happy" anniversary
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2003, 09:22:53 AM »
I celebrate 30 years of women's right to choose what happens to their own bodies.

Eagler..the middle ages called..they want you back.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
"happy" anniversary
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2003, 09:24:39 AM »
Originally posted by capt. apathy
take action, appose atempts to avoid responsability for your actions by killing babies

You're free to do whatever you like with your womb. Don't like abortion? Don't do it.
sand

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
"happy" anniversary
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2003, 09:34:52 AM »
Originally posted by Karnak
You can find adds in New Englend papers from the 1700s and 1800s advertising abortion services.  Nobody picketed or shot those providers.  Why?  Because it wasn't an issue.

you sure about that?

I found this:
American Colonies
U.S. adopts English Common Law, which forbade abortion. The procedure was ruled a misdemeanor if performed prior to quickening (feeling life) and a felony if performed after quickening.

Early 1800s
Discovery that life begins at fertilization and not when the mother 'felt life.'
1860 Eight-five percent of the then-present U.S. states had laws that made all abortions a felony.

British Parliament passes the Offenses Against the Persons Act, making all abortions a felony.

then we become "enlightened" :rolleyes:
Colorado and California legalize abortion.

and it goes downhill from there...

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
"happy" anniversary
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2003, 09:39:12 AM »
once again, Eagler, you gonna adopt all the unwanted babies?

You can't force people to love a child, you can only force them to provide for the children.  Wait, no, you can't do that either, because they can give the baby up for adoption.

I guess more orphanages would be better than abortions.  Those children don't really need a loving family.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
"happy" anniversary
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2003, 09:59:59 AM »
sorry I can't but seems many capable couples looking to adopt

I think the emphasis should be on the womens right to "keep her legs closed" than her right to "shrug her responsibility for her actions" via an afternoon trip to the suck, flush & forget it clinic.

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
"happy" anniversary
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2003, 10:08:25 AM »
I'd very much like (and wish) for every pregnancy to be a planned one.  If that was an option, then we'd not need abortion.

btw, let's not put it all on the female and keeping her legs closed.  How about we put some of the blame on the guy for not putting the raincoat on his monkey?  Takes 2 to make a baby, yet only one gets the blame for it if it leads to an abortion.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Re: birth control
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2003, 10:11:08 AM »
wow......

Originally posted by Eagler
Almost half of American women (43 percent) will have an abortion sometime in their lifetime.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.