Author Topic: 13th Sentai is looking  (Read 2788 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
13th Sentai is looking
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2003, 12:38:02 PM »
I'd be for the F4U-1 vs. anything with a red dot on it. But .... that's me. F4U-1 (or 1a) was the bird of the VF-17 Jolly Rogers from commissioning to decommissioning.

Offline najdorf

• Copper Member
13th Sentai is looking
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2003, 01:27:50 PM »
How about your F4U-1's vs. our N1K's?

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
13th Sentai is looking
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2003, 03:25:11 PM »
Anytime, Any Altitude, Any Plane...You want those sissy boy Ki-84's I say bring 'em on. Anyone who needs a plane to make up for lack of skill needs to bow out. ;)

Seriously I hope this is the beginning of a good series between the 13th Sentai and VF-17. I am looking forward to it and planning on having a blast no matter what happens. I will get in touch with you this tonight or tomorrow Key and we will work out the details then.

We might see some of you in the MA tonight or in the CT if there is a good PAC setup in there.

Good Luck to you guys in the 13th! BANZAI!!!!!!!
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline DblTrubl

• Copper Member
13th Sentai is looking
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2003, 03:52:38 PM »
Oooh...a squad duel!  Havent taken part in one of those since BANZAI and TEA  went at each other way back in FA2.  Sounds fun, I'll be there if I can.

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
13th Sentai is looking
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2003, 05:32:22 PM »
Originally posted by DblTrubl
Oooh...a squad duel!  Havent taken part in one of those since BANZAI and TEA  went at each other way back in FA2.  Sounds fun, I'll be there if I can.

Let me guess DblTrubl you were a BANZAI flyer back then. When I was in LJK back in our FA days we used to have a pretty informal cease-fire with the BANZAI guys along the GE/JP border. For the most part it stayed that way and we would always push through and hold the GB off of the northern JP flank to help you guys reset the US if we could. Hope to see you in the match DblTrubl. !
Buckshot
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Well he did leave an opening...
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2003, 08:29:13 PM »
Hehe, Grissomsan. Your skipper he no like it the FM. Overmodeled F4U-1? Eh ... must have lost feathers to it once too often. I've heard some say it's not up to what it should be. Some whine one way, some whine another - I just fly it and smile at `em both. And it's what VF-17 flew. That makes it our baby. What was the historical ride of the 13th Sentai?

I'll fly whatever blue plane the rest of my guys are in. You can fall in whatever you like. ;)

Originally posted by Grissom
Well if that is the case, how about you take FM's against A6M5's instead of that over modeled F4U? :D

*Don't mean to step on toes of 13th Sentai, but I just could not resist the jab.) ;) *

Offline keyapaha

• Nickel Member
13th Sentai is looking
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2003, 01:36:35 AM »
The historical rides of the 13th were the Ki27 Ki45 and Ki84 none of these are in AH yet so we use whats available.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
13th Sentai is looking
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2003, 04:40:33 AM »
Are we just a tad bit touchy? :D

Methinks Grissomsan needs an extra layer of skin before he tries "jabs". ;)

1: I can post better drunk than you can on crack apparently.

2: I read the whole thing. Found it much more amusing than this latest attempt.

3: I scored quite well in English, thank you. But I'll still probably use some pidgin here and there just to twist yer nipples some.

A: Then why are you even sticking your nose in any of this? Not that you can't ... but following it up with a big stink about how you're not in the 13th and all is pretty stupid. Kinda like ... "Well I'm gonna jump in here and make monkey noises and all but I'm not really part of the family you stupid person and don't you forget that". :D

B: I agree with him also and have stated so on more than one occasion.

C: Well, when you swung from my johnson crying about how the F4U was overmodeled it sure sounded like one. Waaaa .... overmodeled F4U! ;)

You're welcome and come again, Grissomsan.

p.s. Don't be tho thenthitive. :rolleyes:

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
13th Sentai is looking
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2003, 04:45:14 AM »
Well then ... let's get on HT's case about this. I see some serious gaps need fillin. :D

Originally posted by keyapaha
The historical rides of the 13th were the Ki27 Ki45 and Ki84 none of these are in AH yet so we use whats available.

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
13th Sentai is looking
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2003, 08:56:41 AM »
Easy now Arlo. Grissom is a new guy that is probably going to be flying for the 13th and therefore is a touch apprehensive about his potential for getting shot down by our over modeled F4U's. ;)

Anyway guys this is all in fun and lets keep it that way.
Buckshot
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline keyapaha

• Nickel Member
13th Sentai is looking
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2003, 11:11:52 AM »
Please Grissom I wish not to turn this into a mud slinging event you not even in our squad as of yet,and these post your making does not bode well for you to get in either.If the USN planes are over modeled what can we do about it?nothing except do the best we can with what we got which is not a lot but the Japanese planeset as full of holes as it is does have capeable a/c if learned and flown smartly.I have been flying almost nothing but japanese a/c since Dec and still I learn somthing new all the time.

cya up

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
13th Sentai is looking
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2003, 01:52:48 PM »
Whoa. I really did hit a nerve. Sorry, Gris. Thought we were just sparrin' a bit. After all, jabs often get met with jabs. Well, take a few free ones, if ya want. I can take it. :p

Apologies all around. Skipper, I'll just smile back from now on. (And leave the competitive nature of this relationship in the arena). :D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
13th Sentai is looking
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2003, 11:21:52 PM »
13th. Ya'll really cleaned our clocks t'night. Good fights all. Had a blast. I'm looking forward to our next encounter.

Again .... :D

Offline keyapaha

• Nickel Member
13th Sentai is looking
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2003, 08:01:16 AM »
Yup that was fun, my guys liked it  looking forward to doing it again sometime in the future. You guys did get the best of us in the N1K2-J.Ya know we forgot about the Ki61 vs F6F match I knew we were forgeting another good match up.Any you guy put up a good fight.:)

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
13th Sentai is looking
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2003, 10:23:09 AM »
Originally posted by keyapaha
Yup that was fun, my guys liked it  looking forward to doing it again sometime in the future. You guys did get the best of us in the N1K2-J.Ya know we forgot about the Ki61 vs F6F match I knew we were forgeting another good match up.Any you guy put up a good fight.:)

We will get around to that one next time Key. Anyway this was a good measuring stick for how far we have to go as a squadron. Also it shows how much we have to work on.
Buckshot
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"