Author Topic: 13th Sentai is looking  (Read 2789 times)

Offline keyapaha

• Nickel Member
13th Sentai is looking
« on: January 24, 2003, 01:00:34 PM »
for a few members who enjoy flying Japanese planes and having fun.Right now we are only 4 members strong and looking for atleast 4-6 others.We fly in both the MA and the CT(when a PTO is up) and fly all bombers and fighters of the Japanese plane set.
 Does not matter how experienced you are all you need is the following.
   have a paying account with HTC
   be over 18
   have AH voice
   being courteous to others on voice and buffer
   a team player
   and most important having fun

We meet on Tues. and Thru. nights at 9:30 est untill whenever.
 There is usually one of us online every night in either the MA or CT,so if you want to fly Japanese and have some fun flying as a team look us up online or reply here and we will touch base with you.

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
13th Sentai is looking
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2003, 10:45:55 AM »
p-u-n-t

Folks, the 13th Sentai, (formerly the 27th Sentai) knows their stuff when it comes to CT combat flying...!

Gwan give 'em a tryout at the least. :D  Who knows, they might turn you into a believer, as they did me...:cool:
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
13th Sentai is looking
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2003, 11:05:41 PM »
The Japanese have some very nice aircaft such as the Ki.67, N1K2-J and A6M5b already.  There are also many nice and usable Japanese aircraft that HTC will be adding in the future.  Japanese aircraft tend to be among the most enjoyable from a simple flying and fighting point of view as they manuver easily and are well armed.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline keyapaha

• Nickel Member
13th Sentai is looking
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2003, 08:00:09 PM »
punt

Offline najdorf

• Copper Member
Japanese planes
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2003, 08:47:14 AM »
I like flying the nik, but unless someone comes down and is stupid enough to stall fight you in their late war speedster, you cant really match-up.

How do you deal with this issue flying only the AH available jap planes?

I flew the Ki 84 in AW and loved it.  Would fly it here almost exclusively if it was offered.

Anyway, I'm pretty new and still learning, haven't even finished my two week trial, but that's a formality as I will definately sign on when that's over.  I'm interested in your squadron in anyway, if you want to give me a tryout, email me at wbrettcain@hotmail.com.

Offline keyapaha

• Nickel Member
13th Sentai is looking
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2003, 02:36:47 PM »
naj,
 it is at times difficult to fight the late war rides(makes the victory that much better) but flying as a group makes it some what easier but lots of practice and learning your planes pros and cons will help you out it takes time so dont sweat it.

Ofcourse the major con is that the Japanese planes are slow but the pro is that they are very manuverable.My XO Karnak is the pro on all these streinghts and weaknesses of the Japanese plane set I know most but not all of these,also he can train you to fly these at your best.

OK sent you an e-mail looking forward to meeting you.

Offline keyapaha

• Nickel Member
13th Sentai is looking
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2003, 12:40:49 PM »
Please welcome najdorf to the 13th Sentai. Need a few more brave flyiers to fly for the Empire.

Offline keyapaha

• Nickel Member
13th Sentai is looking
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2003, 06:15:50 PM »
punt

Offline keyapaha

• Nickel Member
13th Sentai is looking
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2003, 11:11:59 PM »
Still looking for a few who dont mind flying Japanese a few times a week. Try it you might like it.

Offline keyapaha

• Nickel Member
13th Sentai is looking
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2003, 09:23:56 AM »
punt

Offline Grissom

• Zinc Member
Punt is...
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2003, 08:09:35 AM »
...caught and the play is on!

He runs to to the 10... the 20... Holy cow look at that guy run...!

I'm game for some flights.  What time/day?

Offline najdorf

• Copper Member
Squad nites
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2003, 08:37:58 AM »
Squad nites are on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:30 PM EST.  But Keyapaha or myself are up in the evenings for a while most nights.  We fly for the knights.

BTW, being part of the squad does not mean you can only fly IJ aircraft, but we usually fly them on squad nites and join the IJ side in the CT or special events if that option is open.

I will probably be up some late tonite in either the MA or CT.

CYAS up.

Offline keyapaha

• Nickel Member
13th Sentai is looking
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2003, 09:05:01 AM »
 be glad to have you fly with us Grissom like Najdorf said we up most nights I wont be on till about 2am tomorrow so look for Najdorf tonight I think I gave him invite rights when I set him up in the squad if not dont sweat it I am sure we will see ya sometime in the near future.

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
Looking forward to our match.
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2003, 10:31:30 AM »
I know that we in VF-17 are looking forward to flying against you guys. We might have a real problem if you all want to fly the Niki though. ;)
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline keyapaha

• Nickel Member
13th Sentai is looking
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2003, 12:11:31 PM »
I figured we could run the whole gambit start with a6m2 vs F4F4,a6m5 or KI 61 vs F6F or F4U 1,N1K2-J vs F4U 1D.

Personally I like the zero's better but the N1K2-J is our only competive plane in the MA which we use alot I use it primarally as a ground attack a/c . I think the a6m2 vs F4F4 would be a classic.

Just dont show up in FM2's gawd I hate them planes.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2003, 12:14:59 PM by keyapaha »