Author Topic: WB WWIIa and The AH Terrain Editor?  (Read 160 times)

Offline Downtown

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.tir.com/~lkbrown1
WB WWIIa and The AH Terrain Editor?
« on: July 25, 2000, 09:34:00 AM »
Well, read both the post here, and the one on AGW.  I don't know, but I have an assumption.

HTC has announced that they will soon release a terrain editor (1.04 1 to 3 weeks?) and signed up all sorts of new Trainers and CMs.

A little deductive reasoning leads me to believe the folks will download the terrain editor, create their own terrains, submit them to HTC for approval, and then CMs and the terrain developers will make scenarios or setups for these terrains.

So using that deductive reasoning I believe that you could make a terrain that shows the south of England as well as the English Channel and the North Cost of France and Germany.  Wow a BOB Terrain!  Then the CM allows only LW Aircraft to launch from the German/French Fields and only Spits and (If we get em) Hurricanes and Lancasters from the English fields.  I think the LW needs the 110, 111, 88 and 87 though.

I personally will do a CBI and I guess we can populate it with B-17s, P-51s, zeke fives and Nicks until HT and Pyro give me the P-40B and the Ki-27, 43, & 45 as well as the G3 and G4M bobmers.  Then I will do a "Flying Tigers" scenario.

Who wants to do Iwo or Guadacanal or even New Zealand?

I don't know what kind of space HT has for Arenas and such, but I believe that he will be able to shuttle event and leave the most popular arenas up.

I don't know why iEN hasn't done this before, but their willingness to do it now seems driven by the competition more than the requests of the player base.  I know that I made a suggestion to iEN like this when I had an iEN account and never heard back.

I know that several suggestions I made to HTC have been incorperated almost item for item. (I don't want to take all the credit because HTC hasn't given me the P-40B I have asked for yet, so others must have made suggestions along veins similar to mine.)

To quote Yak and myself a while ago, it is indeed a good time to be a "Flight Simmer."

I don't see any reason to attack HTC or iEN and wish that the more vocal and combative from each community would take a step back.  I admit to getting tired of seeing Macboy/MG's trolls here, but I think I got it out of my system for now.

Things can only get better for all of us.

------------------

"Downtown" Lincoln Brown.
    lkbrown1@tir.com    
 http://www.tir.com/~lkbrown1
Wrecking Crews "Drag and Die Guy"
Hals und beinbruch!

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2000, 10:07:00 AM »
We get a P-39 and Yak-9D in here, and I'd be very happy to do a Kuban Bridgehead scenario.

------------------
leonid, Kompol
5 GIAP VVS-KA, Knights

"Our cause is just.  The enemy will be crushed.  Victory will be ours."
ingame: Raz

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2000, 10:23:00 AM »

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member