Author Topic: New Terrain - Trinity  (Read 2311 times)

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
New Terrain - Trinity
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2003, 11:56:17 PM »
Absolytely great work NoBaddy! I fly yesterday first time on your map and I falling in love with your mountain areas! The deep valleys between sharp mountains are awesome looking and great ways fly to targets.  (My only criticism is against the clipboard map. Maybe you could ask if Dux makes it? ;) )

I can tell more those tank's and GV's skins. They really are from my Finland vs Russia terrain (Fin-Rus) and I'm very happy and proud you used them in your Trinity terrain.:D

I edited all GV's "neutral" without any signs, because they are used both sides in Fin-Rus map. Panzer IV's skin is from Finnish StuG 40G (Sturmgeschütz 40G). Germany sold them to Finland in 1943 and they were in very hard use the rest of our Continuation War (1941-1944).

PICTURE:

This StuG with it's crew (commander Börje Brotell, gunner Olli Soimala, driver Sulo Kauppi and loader Armas Launikko) is the one that scored the most victories during the hard fighting in the summer of 1944. With 11 confirmed tank-kills this StuG now stands as a monument at the Finnish Armoured Brigades garrison area in Parola, Finland.

This StuG is restored to almost war-time condition. The colours are authentic and the colour-scheme has been restored.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2003, 12:43:35 AM by kanttori »
Lentorykmentti 3 - Finnish Aces High Virtual Flight Regiment

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
New Terrain - Trinity
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2003, 12:20:14 AM »
And the Tiger1's camouflage I skinned to look like Russian heavy Josiph Stalin JS-122 tank. In Finland-Russian frontlines were many different type Russian heavy tanks, for ex. Josiph Stalin and Klim Vorosilov (KV) types. The most used Russian medium tank was T-34 (Finns called it "Sotka").

Actually we Finns had couple of war booty "Sotka" and Klim Vorosilov in heavy use against Russe, too!:D

PICTURE:

The standard model of the JS-122 (JS-2) heavy tank. This one with "straight" nose seen at the ChKZ Factory in 1944.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2003, 12:24:32 AM by kanttori »
Lentorykmentti 3 - Finnish Aces High Virtual Flight Regiment

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
New Terrain - Trinity
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2003, 02:12:12 AM »
Admire the effort that went into the map and am appreciative that folks want to improve the game... but hate this map... hope it is merely a prototype of others to come from the makers.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
New Terrain - Trinity
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2003, 05:22:51 AM »
Originally posted by Steve
Admire the effort that went into the map and am appreciative that folks want to improve the game... but hate this map... hope it is merely a prototype of others to come from the makers.

Well, surely you don't dislike everything about the map, Steve. It has pleasing colors and an interesting layout of fields.

Compared to AKDesert, the field density appears to be somewhat less, so I guess HTC is experimenting ... AKDesert has a (htc specified) high field density and I'll bet this one's field density was specified by HTC as well.

What don't you like about it?  It's a map that has lots of opportunities for ponies/jugs/g10s/p38s.

curly

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
New Terrain - Trinity
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2003, 05:41:29 AM »
What's not to like about the map? It's got something for everyone. I like it.
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
New Terrain - Trinity
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2003, 06:44:36 AM »
Wonderful map.

Despite its size, and large fronts, the layout of the frontline airfields are set so that it takes concentrated team efforts against multiple strategic points to really 'push' the front deep. Hoardes of people clogged up in a single place will achieve almost nothing in this map. Also, while it is still early to really determine how it is, it seems there is no real 'reset corner' in this map. It is obvious that designers knew how MA capture sequence works out.

Even though it is fairly large, the fights are spread out in a logical manner, easy to grasp the where the front is set, and how - not like the total chaos the Pizza brings.

The GV spawn points and VHs are also an improvement over what we had in pizza. Some of the GV spawn sequences in Pizza made sense, others did not. However, in this clover map, there is also a logical 'path' which leads and connects GV fights in a sensible fashion.

Overall, it is a wonderful map for team effort, and I like it very much.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
New Terrain - Trinity
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2003, 01:21:59 PM »
I'm having trouble finding good fights on it.  It could be just misfortune, I've only flown on it a bit late in the evening and on two occasions.  Hey, if I find out I was too quick to judge, I'll happily retract my opinion....like I said, I'm grateful that people are willing to invest their personal time to improve our game..

:)
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
New Terrain - Trinity
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2003, 04:03:02 PM »
the point of that city isnt blowing up defenseless buildings---there musta been 30 tanks fiting in it this afternoon....ya drive around a corner...tank is 10' away....fly down street at 25 mph...if ya dont hit a building...ya can pass 4-5 tanks on sidestreets and they cant bring turrets to bear quick enough--its COOL..(the transparent point-blank rounds aside)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline GPreddy

• Copper Member
New Terrain - Trinity
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2003, 08:02:47 PM »
Yeah bj its just that fighting in the city on a neverending basis seems pointless. Its like the never ending furball though. This map inspires teamwork everywhere except in the middle. It seems to be a contradiction to its own conception and you dont even get the benefit of damage points for blowing up buildings. Theres more then enough fields to get gv kills though so the middle fight is even more pointless. If you have fun there though go for it!:) I had a thought that the middle fight could have been over something worth controlling but I dont know what that could be anyway. Just a thought.

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
New Terrain - Trinity
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2003, 09:30:00 PM »
Originally posted by GPreddy
Yeah bj its just that fighting in the city on a neverending basis seems pointless. Its like the never ending furball though. This map inspires teamwork everywhere except in the middle. It seems to be a contradiction to its own conception and you dont even get the benefit of damage points for blowing up buildings. Theres more then enough fields to get gv kills though so the middle fight is even more pointless. If you have fun there though go for it!:) I had a thought that the middle fight could have been over something worth controlling but I dont know what that could be anyway. Just a thought.

Nope, there really isn't a 'point' to fighting in the Crater City. Actually, I took a 51 in there this afternoon to hunt guys in planes vulching the gv's. I was amazed at the number of icons in the city. Of course, the real point is the fun of pointless mayhem :D. I guess it is just part of the way I have viewed this stuff for years now...it's about fun...not points :).
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
New Terrain - Trinity
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2003, 09:34:44 PM »
Originally posted by NoBaddy
Nope, there really isn't a 'point' to fighting in the Crater City. Actually, I took a 51 in there this afternoon to hunt guys in planes vulching the gv's. I was amazed at the number of icons in the city. Of course, the real point is the fun of pointless mayhem :D. I guess it is just part of the way I have viewed this stuff for years now...it's about fun...not points :).

I just had a thought about Crater City. I will try to talk to HT about it and see if some changes can't be made when the map is updated.
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
New Terrain - Trinity
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2003, 10:37:32 PM »
Lol..what the difference between a bunch of tanks furballin in city and a buncha la7's furballin on mindanao?..at any rate..novelty will wear off....and if ya have no teamwork there....ya dont live to damn long; one more thin....frame rate goes down to NOTHIN..such that is nearly unplayable at times (in city)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/