« Last Edit: January 27, 2003, 08:39:46 PM by Karnak »
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
BGBmaw
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2003, 04:57:11 PM »
Back at ya frenchy =S= I have allways respected what you guys do in p47s damn tuff plane to fly as efectivly as you guys do. We may not aree on the points mentioned before but that dont mean we cant be friends.
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack

Offline cpxxx

• Gold Member
BGBmaw
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2003, 07:53:11 PM »
You know, all this squeaking and moaning. This is exactly how wars start! A duel at dawn would seem to be in order!

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
BGBmaw
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2003, 11:40:06 PM »
Originally posted by SFRT - Frenchy
ManX, I do not "hate" the MAWs for flying N1K1s, but for impersonating a unite/branch name and not respecting it.

It's like those guys who walk around pretending they were a Navy Seal or Ranger, when they actually served as a cook, if they served at all. Or those mrons you meet at a cocktail party: "Oh you are French? Me too! My great grand father came from France".

If you pick a name, do your best to live up to it's meaning. I can picture myself at home runing around in a German uniform wearing my grand father name tag and medals ... oh man ... the beating I would have received :D

In this sentence, the MAWs are not a disgrace because they suck, they are a disgrace because they are  not trying to impersonate who they claim to be.
==============================================
Hmmm What does SFRT stand for?? Were you special forces?
:}
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline viking73

• Nickel Member
YA YOUR RIGHT, MAW NEVER FLIES MARINE PLANES
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2003, 03:33:01 AM »
On this one flight we had at least 16 F4U-1C Corsairs each carrying 2000 lbs of bombs and 4 rockets and 924 rounds of 20mm. That's 32,000 lbs of bombs and 64 rockets and 14,784 20mm rounds. And this was one of our smaller missions.

I can understand why you didn't stick around to see when we fly Marine Corps planes.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2003, 04:02:46 AM by viking73 »
T2Maw
80th FS {OM-KNIGHTS} Kommando Nowotny {FSO}/{CCS}
S.A.P.P.
Air Warrior 1996, Aces High 2000
Skin Designer

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
BGBmaw
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2003, 09:10:19 AM »
The 13th TAS has alot of respect for the MAW's....great squad made up of good guys....they've all handed me my tail many times and have always been respectful.

Seems to me that their just a group of friends flyin, havin fun and shootin folks down....isn't that what it's all about?

to the MAW's....may I kill ya everytime I see yas:)

Offline Solomo

• Zinc Member
Nikis....
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2003, 09:36:55 AM »
Well, I like the Niki o.k., but I really only fly it about 5-10% of the time, mostly for base defense missions. Nice cannon load so you can try deflection shots a lot.
But, it's a bit slow, and not really a good Jabo for the primary squad missions: usually base captures. Tiffies, 110's and heavy p-51's.

40DogMAW, the C.O. used to fly Niki's a lot. He seems to like 190's these days.

I like the F4Us a lot, they are the classic Marine bird, and they can turn fight better than you'd  think..

I think I'm like most guys, I like to switch planes a lot but get periodic favorites....currently the SpitIX and Seafire.

to all! A great group of pilots and opponents.

SoloMAW

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
BGBmaw
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2003, 12:45:58 PM »
hehe...

:)

Love BiGB
xoxo

P.S. Quite moven i dont have much ammo left

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
BGBmaw
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2003, 04:48:27 PM »
BGB is the only MAW I like.
Army of Muppets

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
BGBmaw
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2003, 05:15:42 PM »
lolol..wetrat..thank you..but we have a really good group of players on the MArine Air Wing

yes we do have a few that can rub the wrong way(no personal experince here)lolol..

And I also love to fly the 109g10...1 bad asssss plane

ya and I know Frenchy..its not blue...But Marines will figth with any equipment...Its all for the Greater cause of our Country!!

Salute to all...

Dam i love the new map..

Love BiGB
xoxo

P.S. wetrat..were you joiking when you said that?? if so..u bastard:D