Author Topic: WW2 Arena  (Read 238 times)

Offline marcof

• Zinc Member
WW2 Arena
« on: July 29, 2000, 07:09:00 AM »
I currently spend time in W/B & A/H, I was somewhat bemused with W/B for sometime, and spent most of my time in A/H, however this new W/B WW2 Arena is really good, Iam realy fed up flying Allied planes and attacking Allied Planes in A/H, how can we really appreciate Allied A/C if we are not fighting against Axis A/C, and visa versa, to me it seems really silly.
Example I introduced a new person to A/H, a good friend of mine, he spent sometime flying around and really enjoyed it but he could'nt understand that whilst flying spits he was shooting other spits down too,
Anyway I would like to see a Historical Arena, now that Axis forces are soon to get their bomber, JU88, then lets go for it.
Marcof 249 RAF C-H-Q

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
WW2 Arena
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2000, 09:04:00 AM »
"how can we really appreciate Allied A/C if we are not fighting against Axis A/C"

!!!!!SCENARIOS!!!!!  

-Westy

Offline marcof

• Zinc Member
WW2 Arena
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2000, 09:34:00 AM »
Yeh I know about scenarios, but I want to fly that stuff all the time....not just once a week or once a month, scenarios was'nt really the answer I was looking for , but then I dont know mentalty of the person Iam asking do I?

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
WW2 Arena
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2000, 09:48:00 AM »
Yep.. I'd sure like to see a 'full time' historical settings arena up..

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
WW2 Arena
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2000, 12:26:00 PM »
Yeah, count me in for the WW2 Arena

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
WW2 Arena
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2000, 01:56:00 PM »
Count me in too for a WW2 arena.

------------------
Apache
=XO= VMF-323 Death Rattlers
VMF 323 Death Rattlers Web Site

Offline Camel

• Zinc Member
WW2 Arena
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2000, 04:20:00 PM »
Do the CM's have the god power to make the SEA, or 1/2 of the SEA Allied/Axis? I know their are planeset problems and terrian issues, but anything to give us a break from the Main would be nice. I never seem to catch the Events, not enough during the evenings.  

Yosus

WW2 Arena
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2000, 06:48:00 PM »
Quote marcof : "Yeh I know about scenarios, ... answer I was looking for , but then I dont know mentalty of the person Iam asking do I?"

Mate, I think a WWII arena would be wonderful, but what's up with the barb?  

FWIW, my dream for AH is to fly the Pacific theatre or the Med, don't ask me why, these two theatres factor highly with me.

Cheers
Yosus

Cheers
Yosus

------------------
'One day, flight simulation will be so realistic, that you'll need to wear brown corduroy'
Phoenix Squadron.

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
WW2 Arena
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2000, 07:08:00 PM »
I firmly agree.  I wouldn't say it's getting boring....but very samey.

Trouble is we're still nowhere near a stage where a WW2 arena could be opened.  
We have no terrain, no axis bombers, no allied tanks, no axis ground vehicles other than tanks and no axis transport plane.

Yeah, ok,  the JU-88 is otw.....but thats not even (IMHO) equivalent to the B26, remember the allies aready have the B17 and the Lancaster is otw.  

There's an awful lot of craft and terrain design gotta go on before we get a WW2 arena.

:-(

Swoop

Hash

WW2 Arena
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2000, 07:42:00 PM »
NO not again,I left Warbirds becuase the WW2arena took the fun out of the game for me and a few of my squad mates. KG200 was a Luftwaffe unit that historicaly flew Allied Planes such as the Wulfhound (B17) and many other captured Allied airplanes. Our Squad likes to fly B17s with an Esort of 109s or 190s. So I would rather keep it as is, but thats my opinon which will be vastley outnumbered no doubt. Well thats my say I feel better now  

------------------
<S> Hash
Geschwader Beer Officer
Kampfgeschwader200

Offline Pappy

• Zinc Member
WW2 Arena
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2000, 09:44:00 PM »
Its got my vote, it goes hand in hand with seperating the pac and euro planes.

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
WW2 Arena
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2000, 10:14:00 PM »
 The "new" seems to be wareing off in WB.

Yosus

WW2 Arena
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2000, 10:19:00 PM »
Hash, I see the problem!
Maybe the solution is to allow a limited number of 'other side' planes to be available for this purpose?
Obviously if we want to model WWII, then such anomalies as you mention could be included in the design  .

Cheers
Yosus.

------------------
'One day, flight simulation will be so realistic, that you'll need to wear brown corduroy'
Phoenix Squadron.

Batmann

WW2 Arena
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2000, 10:36:00 PM »
I agree in macrof.

German planes should fight only Allied. And Japanese planes should be so too.

About Bombers, tanks, transport etc. Plane set in AH has problem yet. But, I believe HTC will solve in the near future.
Axis doesn't have 4 engines heavy bomber almost. It's historical fact. Realistic war is not equal condition like sport. We may need some other handicaps to Allied for the game balance.

------------------
Batmann <CO/JG68> from Tokyo, Japan
JG68 Briefing Room
"FESSE" Far East Special Scnario Event

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
WW2 Arena
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2000, 01:20:00 AM »
This is a repost, with slight modifications, of mine from the last thread that brought this subject up.

We would need the following units to round out the available Allied and Axis forces:

Axis
Ju52 or Japanese markings on a C-47(Axis aerial troop transport)
German APC Halftrack (Axis ground based troop transport)
H8K2 "Emily" (Heavily armed, tough heavy bomber with a decent payload)
He177 (Another Axis heavy bomber, to counter the Allied B-17G and Lancaster)
Fw190F Series ot Ju87G (Axis anti-tank fighter)
Fw190D-9 (High performance Axis fighter)
Ki84 (High performance Axis fighter)

Allies
T-34/76 (Allied tank comparable to the PnZ IV)

If we could get those, I would   LOVE to see a Axis vs. Allied environment.

Sisu
-Karnak
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-