Author Topic: To the "New" Hobo. Please Read.  (Read 1659 times)

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
Re: Get Over It...
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2003, 05:12:40 AM »
Originally posted by rpm371
Sorry to be the bad guy here, but it's JUST A CALLSIGN. There are lots of people on AH that don't have their old callsign, including myself.

To some of us our callsigns are important.  I'd like to personally catch every bastard who started using mine and beat on them with a baseball bat untill they agreed to get a new name.  :D

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ch-hangar.com
To the "New" Hobo. Please Read.
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2003, 05:32:15 AM »
The funny thing is that the current owner of "Hobo" must have called HTC to request is specifically since it was already registered to you, albeit a dormant account

Did'nt HTC have a cleanout in accounts a few years ago? perhaps it was already free.

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2003, 05:47:37 AM »
May have done, but see.......originally I was "Swoop", then "SwoopUK", then "SwoopGB" for ages......until I figured I could handle the perk loss for a name change.  No other Swoops around so it was easy.

Now we've got Swoopy, Swooop and Swoop73.  Ya reckon I can charge rental fees?

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2003, 10:52:19 AM »
I had something similar to whats going on with you Swoop. Sometime last year, I kill an La7. Someone says "nice kill Apache" in the text buffer. Before I can respond back, there is a response "but I didn't shoot anyone" or something like that. It was from Apache##. Don't remember the number.

If memory serves, he was from AW and was known as Apache there and several folks here knew him. Well, I've been Apache for a looong time. It bothered me, but I didn't say anything.

It got really confusing that night as folks were saying things to either him or me and we would both answer. I said as much, seeing I'm an old and get confused easily.

This Apache## was an extremely nice guy. He PM'd me and said he would change his ID next business day. Apparently he did. I never got to thank him for that.

I hope Hobo gets his callsign back tho. Being from WB as well, there is only one Hobo.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2003, 12:48:36 PM »
Saw "Hobo" flying for the Knights last night ... thought maybe it was you, but I guess not.

Edit: Dont' know who u fly for, but maybe he doesn't read the boards, so you might want to seek him out as a Knight.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2003, 12:50:43 PM by SlapShot »
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline fradim

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2003, 04:40:00 PM »
hey, hobo :-)

I guess this guy already know about you, as I have talked to him once thinking it was you and I guess Iīve been not the only one, since then. I really hope he doesnīt care much for the callsign as it would be strange to call you h0b0, h0^0h or something like that: you are too old to use weird nicks like that ;-)

Anyway, itīs glad to hear news from you and hope to seeya online soon, bud :-)))))

[]

fradim

Offline Bonden

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2003, 07:17:01 PM »
I think he oughtta just relinquish the name, if he has any umm, what's the word I'm lookin for, "respect" for other players mebbe. I gave up Elguapo when he came back on the scene - he appreciated it..

Bonden

Offline Drex

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2003, 09:14:39 PM »
Heya Bo.  :)

Drex

Offline Kevin14

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2003, 10:03:22 PM »
Originally posted by Apache
...It got really confusing that night as folks were saying things to either him or me and we would both answer. I said as much, seeing I'm an old and get confused easily...

Yes, in the MA now I am Kevin10 and there is a Kev324th (?) and the exact same thing happens to me.  Thankfully we're not on the same team (at least I don't think :D)

Offline Hobo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2003, 12:44:01 AM »
OMG...it's the king of reversals!  /bow down to Drex.  Heya bud  Think I'm gonna need some lessons again. :)

Bo

Offline BNM

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.christian3x3.com/
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2003, 10:43:02 AM »
Originally posted by Apache
I hope Hobo gets his callsign back tho. Being from WB as well, there is only one Hobo.

Hobo is a member of my squad. He has been Hobo ever since he joined our squad back in 96-97? in AW. To me there is only one Hobo and HE is it. I'll point him at this thread but I can guess his answer...

And Bonden, he is a great guy and has respect for others. There's a important rule/principle at work here. It is stated simply, "Move your feet, lose your seat." Like I said I will let him know about this thread.

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2003, 10:52:07 AM »
Well, it was bound to happen.... in fact it probably already has with other names.  Looks like both the WB and AW version of Hobo have had their name for similar lengths of time..... in which case there is only one thing left to do.  Duel for it.  That was the way similar situations were handled in AW.  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ch-hangar.com
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2003, 11:16:17 AM »
This is starting to get out of hand. Hobo started by making a simple request to try and amicably get his name back and now people are talking of duels and 'respect'?? if the current Hobo wants to keep his name that's entirely his choice and he should'nt be made to feel disrepectful or pushed into a duel because others say it's the thing to do. I hope it can be sorted out amicably but if not then Hobo got here first it's his callsign.

Offline Hobo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2003, 11:27:51 AM »
Originally posted by BNM
There's a important rule/principle at work here. It is stated simply, "Move your feet, lose your seat."

Guess I'll have to go sit elsewhere then.  lol  But I do think I detect a bit of animosity in your reply.  I'd recommend a relaxing day in the skies of AH.  Lemme know what country you fly for and maybe the Old Hobo can wing with you.  I'm really not such a bad guy and sometimes I can fly too.  :)

As for a duel...I wouldn't duel him for it because he has nothing to win (he already "owns" it) and everything to lose.  That's not really fair to him.  I know if I were in his shoes I wouldn't duel for it.  No incentive.  

On the other hand though...if he wants my AH BBS callsign, that would be incentive and we could duel.  He wins, he gets both.  I win, I get both.  Best 3 out of 5.  He picks 2 planes.  I pick 2 planes.  Community picks the 5th plane (assuming there's 5 rounds).  rofl...Im sure I'd get my butt whupped, having not flown much in 2 years.  And in all honesty he'd have much more to lose than I would.

So that being the case, it looks like it's time for a "Name the old-Hobo" thread.  Maybe I should call myself Ancient Hobo....AH for short. =P

AH

Offline Grimm

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2003, 11:33:10 AM »
I agree,  Dueling is just over the top.  

We have done alway with Dueling here in the USA.  Its been well over a hundred years since the famous duels of Hamilton and later that of Decatur.  

We must prevent the bloodshed.

More seriously....   Not much can be done,  The guy in posession of HOBO holds the cards.   Its his as long as he likes it.  

I hope you guys can find a decent solution and both fly AH.