Author Topic: To the "New" Hobo. Please Read.  (Read 1661 times)

Offline Grimm

• Silver Member
To the "New" Hobo. Please Read.
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2003, 11:38:02 AM »
Hobo (bbs hobo)

We have a squadie with a simular situation.  He is Fester of the CAF.   He owns Fester on the AH  BBS.     As I understand, there is another "Fester" out there someplace.      

He ended up taking the callsign  FesCAF in the end.  It has caused him problems because of name Mix ups,  even with the HT staff.  

Id suggest you find a good way to merge your callsign.

Still,  I dont recommend Dueling... too bloody ;)

Offline BNM

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.christian3x3.com/
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2003, 11:40:26 AM »
I'm not hostile towards you in any way Hobo. I just tell it like it is. Whatever OUR Hobo does is up to him. I'd keep it but that's me. He might not really care, I don't know. The $50 offer is a nice gesture. You can play with the variations if he doesn't go for it. I don't see it being much of a problem.

HOBO1, HQBQ, H0B0, OldHobo, WBHobo, 1stHobo ???

Offline CLAP

• Zinc Member
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2003, 12:06:07 PM »
I too have returned to AC Sims after a long hiatus. I Flew with PNUS as a wingie for many years in the Beta WB days. I consider myself fortunate that CLAP was still availible in AH. It's good to be back guys...Life is good...

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2003, 05:13:57 PM »
Originally posted by Grimm
I agree,  Dueling is just over the top.  
LOL!  It was said tongue-in-cheek.....  I hope it can be settled amicably!  ;)  [and if WB version of Flossy comes along, I would probably revert to my AW name of Flos..... don't anyone else would have that  :D  ]
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Trippy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2003, 05:18:30 PM »
pnus and clap....doesnt sound like a good combination at all:)

Offline loser

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2003, 06:56:36 PM »
why not just use H_O_B_O  ?

:D

Offline Hobo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2003, 08:31:28 PM »
Hmmm....maybe Boho?  :)

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2003, 11:47:42 PM »
How about "tramp"?  

Maybe you could be "dagowannabe"?  naw, too many letters.  :)

dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Hooligan

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2003, 01:21:42 AM »
Can we get a replacement "Dago" also?  The old one is (sorry there is simply no polite way to state this) frankly rather MOLish...

Hooligan

Offline Hobo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2003, 07:42:25 AM »
Gosh I dunno...Dagowannabe just sounds so...so...Midwestern.  ;)

(Heya Jay!)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2003, 07:55:43 AM »
can you say dago on this board?
lazs

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2003, 08:49:47 AM »
can you say dago on this board?

Only if you do it with the respect so richly deserved!

dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline BNM

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.christian3x3.com/
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2003, 12:46:57 PM »
HoboMAW has a nice ring to it, eh 40Dog? :)

Offline ElGuapo1

• Copper Member
      • http://www.yoursheephaverugburns
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2003, 01:01:34 PM »
Originally posted by Bonden
I think he oughtta just relinquish the name, if he has any umm, what's the word I'm lookin for, "respect" for other players mebbe. I gave up Elguapo when he came back on the scene - he appreciated it..

Bonden
Hobo Good Luck!! And ElBonden..Thx again Sir for relinquishing my name.Owe ya a Bottle Of Scotch and an inflatable sheep still, dont I?:p <>

Offline Buff1

• Zinc Member
      • http://brewsterbuffalos.com
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2003, 02:29:46 AM »
Sir, I am the Squadron Commander of the BREWSTER BUFFALOS and have been its only Commander since that units creation. We have been an established squadron in AW going back to early 1995 and in AH from early 2000. My records show that our 'HOBO' (William Weeks) joined the Squadron in January of 1997 and he has been with us continually ever since. So, he is hardly 'the new Hobo' and he too has carried that name proudly for many years in this community. While he is not a day in, day out player as he once was, he is a popular member of our Squadron and contributes when he can.

I sympathize with your situation, I know how I would feel loosing 'Buff1' after eight plus years but it has happened often before in the AW/AH/WB community. Many of the veteran players have run into this issue. With the endless parade of newbies into AH, it will only get worse.

I will discuss it with Will asap, but I suspect I already know the answer. I know he is proud of it and he has as much long term attachment to the name as you obviously do. All I can say is he aquired it in AH first. Ces la vie........ but I will ask him about it in an e-mail tomorrow.

Buff1
CO BREWSTER BUFFALOS

PS. I can assure you BNM meant no offense in his reply. He was merely defending a long time Squadmate he has known as 'HOBO' since '97.