Author Topic: Tank City , a must for each new map.  (Read 963 times)

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
Tank City , a must for each new map.
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2003, 01:13:51 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
NB, Tank City was an overwhelmng success, right?

How about doing the same thing for Laz and I? How about "Furball City"? Give us a little "no GV zone" or at least a place where it's dang hard to get a GV into. Put the slower T&B fighters in there and ring it with mountains that make it hard to get buffs and late war aircraft in there.

Let's be fair here; I have no use whatsoever for GV's, but I'm glad these folks have their Tank City because they obviously enjoy it.

Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander, isn't it?

Actually, I have been looking into how to make it work. Of course, everytime I see another of Lazs' 'conspiracy against early war planes' posts....it does get harder :D.

What I'm looking at is to start in the center with a high density of fields and then decrease it as you move away from the center of the map. I'm not really sure I want to try to 'influence' game play again with high mountains. That was the number 1 complaint about Trinity :rolleyes: . As for sauce...it's sort of a been there..done that thing. I would like to try to explore new ideas. However, ultimately, the Fighter City idea is doable and one never knows....:D.
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2003, 01:18:36 PM »
Hey, Tank City is making the Treadheads orgasmic while keeping them in the MA. And they really aren't bothering anyone else in there.  Good thing right?

So why not give the Furbees something similar?

Jeez, the Treadheads would have Tank City, the Furbees would have Furball Heaven and the Strat guys would have the rest of the arena to enjoy.

Gotta be a good thing, eh?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2003, 01:41:26 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
Hey, Tank City is making the Treadheads orgasmic while keeping them in the MA. And they really aren't bothering anyone else in there.  Good thing right?

So why not give the Furbees something similar?

Jeez, the Treadheads would have Tank City, the Furbees would have Furball Heaven and the Strat guys would have the rest of the arena to enjoy.

Gotta be a good thing, eh?

We do.. It's called the CV.. Anytime one comes close enough to make a base blink you get a huge furball on the deck. Maybe they need to strengthen the CV so the furball lasts a bit longer.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2003, 02:06:57 PM »
Yeah, the problem is the easily "sinkability" of the CV.

In the Tank City idiom, you'd have high mountains all around the CV ocean operating area so bombers couldn't easily get to you and you'd disable ord from the CV's.. as well as the PT's and probably all mannable ack as well.

Then you might have something similar. But as it is now...... a CV isn't even close to what the Treadheads got in Tank City.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline blkmgc

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2003, 03:02:27 PM »

In the center of Trinity.

Thanks man , I needed that. :D

blkmgc
Debdenboys.comAdministrator