Author Topic: You want the ultimate rush? (not for treehuggers)  (Read 1767 times)

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
You want the ultimate rush? (not for treehuggers)
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2003, 05:52:27 PM »
Sorry wlfgng..I'd say this is a wee bit closer to the ultimate rush...but I dig where you are coming from.;)
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2003, 05:52:28 PM »
LOL ultimate rush?
Yeah, I bet you were terrified as the little critter ran away from you at full speed. He could have knawed your ankle!

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2003, 06:00:05 PM »
you have me there Curval :)

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2003, 06:22:06 PM »
Yep, that animal sure is dead.  You certainly killed the toejam out of it.

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
Re: wtfg
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2003, 07:03:17 PM »
Originally posted by Golfer
The only good coyote is a dead coyote!  Coyotes kill more deer in the state of ohio than hunters do, by 10 fold.  If you see a coyote and have the means, speed him on his way.  a "sniper-esque" rifle is great and efficent for eliminating those little beasts, one of the best shots ive made is when still-hunting (wandering slowly through the woods, stalking) jumped a coyote from the opposite side of a thicket maybe 10 yards away.  I was very surprised i got that close to a coyote!  he jumped and took off in a rust colored blur and making like billy the kid drew my .44 magnum and dropped it in one shot.  Anyway, keep cleaning out the coyotes, way to go.

Don't mind me....I'm just saving this post for future judging for the Silver Vossy Award*. A Billy The Kid snap shot with a .44 Magnum at a rust colored blur? WOW!! Of course coyotes are grey and it's foxes that are rust colored, but you shoulda been a gunfighter in the Old West.

*Silver Vossys will be awarded to those posters whose imigination and ability to roadkill far exceed the norm even for this group of roadkillters here in The O'Club.

DISCLAIMER: Silver Vossys have no affiliation with the cyber pilot known as Voss.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2003, 07:37:38 PM »
""Coyotes kill more deer in the state of ohio than hunters do, by 10 fold. ""

so for every 10 coyotes killed we should kill one hunter ??

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: wtfg
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2003, 09:53:37 PM »
Originally posted by Airhead
Of course coyotes are grey and it's foxes that are rust colored, but you shoulda been a gunfighter in the Old West.

Airhead ive got better things to do that make up things and post them on the aces high board in hopes of cyber kudos from everyone else who parks their butt in a chair in front of a screen while snacking on potato chips and guzzling beer.

The story in actuality was quite boring and was simply jazzed up through the use of similies and metaphoric phrases.  I cordially invite you to Jefferson County, Ohio to be my guest for Ohio's next firearm season in December to have a look-see at these pesky pups.  So far in about 7 Coyote kills I have yet to have two that were very similiar with the exception of the basic Coyote traits of a mean looking smile and puffy tail.  If i can find some photos (which probably arent even developed yet, ive got plenty of rolls with non artistic photos undeveloped) i'll post the pictures.  Ive killed one that looked more like a wolf with a very light gray mixed with white.  I have even shot what is called a "coy dog" which is a mix  between a domesticated dog and a coyote.  the color is a black background with patches of white.  This was during spring turkey season and I had not seen one before so i was hesitant to fire on it until it got too close for comfort.  

On a side note, the "rust colored blur" wasnt moving all that fast and was easily identified as a coyote with its size.  Slow enough for me to draw and take aim with a rather ungainly, large pistol i have yet to kill a deer with.  Though I left it and did not have it weighed, it weighed easily 25 pounds.  Much too big for a fox.  There is any number of colors coyotes can be found, especially in and around Columbus, OH where I have killed several 40+ pound coyotes that have nothing better to do than feed on what precious few deer we have in Franklin County with no natural predators.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2003, 11:35:13 PM by Golfer »

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2003, 10:01:59 PM »
Originally posted by capt. apathy
about all we have in the US  that is a real danger to the hunter is bear, boar, and elk.

I would add :

Mountain lions, snakes, and land sharks

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Re: wtfg
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2003, 10:55:54 PM »
Originally posted by Golfer
Animal ive got better things to do...

So, you expect us to believe you can tell the difference between a coyote and a fox when you can't even tell the difference between Airhead and Animal?  ;)

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
haha :)
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2003, 11:34:32 PM »
you got me :)

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2003, 12:11:05 AM »
Originally posted by Wlfgng
to me, this is the ultimate rush.. not killing "varmits"

Lol looks more like natural selection to me.  :)

Offline -Concho-

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2003, 12:33:37 AM »
things are a little more dangerous in west texas....

Offline Puke

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/barking.pig/puke.htm
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2003, 01:56:28 AM »
Where is the rush in that?!?  I would on very rare occasion see a coyote as I walked to the bus stop in the 6th/7th grade (a long time ago.)  They were always incredibly wary of humans and I loved it when I was able to make the occasional sighting of a coyote.  And I was only armed with a book or two and my lunch money.  I'm not sure what the rush is in something where there is absolutely no danger to you.  And the stupidist thing I've heard in a while is that coyotes are a scourge and need to be killed because they are competition for hunters in killing deer.  Maybe if it was a competition for a food source for humans, yeah...but it's just a sport for you.

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2003, 02:16:26 AM »
Yer just lucky that coyote didnt know you had lunch money on you Puke.

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2003, 02:17:12 AM »
Puke what part of this did you miss:  "(not for treehuggers)"