Author Topic: You want the ultimate rush? (not for treehuggers)  (Read 1770 times)

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
You want the ultimate rush? (not for treehuggers)
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2003, 10:37:37 AM »
Originally posted by Curval
Sorry wlfgng..I'd say this is a wee bit closer to the ultimate rush...but I dig where you are coming from.;)

Heh, looks like he missed his handhold:)

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2003, 11:02:22 AM »
lol Slimm.. was thinking the same thing.. BTW Curval.. did you wear Depends ?   jk

hey, on the coyote thing..
around here it's kinda funny...
a lot of the homes here are vacation homes and only inhabited a few months a year (bastiges)...
anyway, they bring fi-fi the poodle or butch the cat..
theny a few weeks go by and we see the ad on the bulletin board "have you seen my fi-fi/butch?"  he/she's missing and we're all upset.. please return if found."

they just don't listen when we tell them to keep little pets indoors or under supervision...
so when Wil-E gets them (which they do) they ask the Animal Control department to 'take care' of the situation...
lol

they forget we're they're living.

sooo.. on the radio when someone puts a voice ad about their lost pet.. the radio station usually accompanies the spot with a sound effect of the coyote wail... wooo woo wooooooOOOOOooo:eek:

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2003, 11:19:07 AM »
Originally posted by Animal
Is it just me, or does ACME quality seem horrific?
I would never buy their products.

I think HTC been using an ACME server lately
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
Curval
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2003, 12:04:00 PM »
we'll keep this avail for your visit :)   (next year)

this was yesterday

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2003, 12:15:50 PM »
Slimm50...I actually was so damn terrified that I forgot all the training they gave me..I was supposed to climb out and dangle myself from the door and let go.  But, when the pilot said "Go" I just launched myself out.  I started to actually do a bit of a somersault forwards as I fell but fortunately my chute came out and pulled me upright before I got tangled into a mess.

When I originally posted this pic it was in a thread called "How NOT" to jump out of a plane. :D

wlfgng..why are all those people walking?  Gimme a chair lift or a helocopter, or something...I'm too lazy to walk up hills.;)
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2003, 01:20:37 PM »
those are the back bowls at Highlands..
actually it's better this way because the snow doesn't get eaten up people that can't handle the terrain.

It's pretty extreme, but I only have enough energy to hike up 1 or 2 times a day.

What you're looking at is at the top of Highlands, higher than the highest chair.  The top of the bowl was just opened this year for the first time.. even though they've been eyeing it for decades.

Most of the stuff at Snowmass/Highlands/Aspen is lift serviced.. only the extreme stuff requires a walk.  At snowmass, the pics I posted earlier, are lift serviced.

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2003, 01:55:56 PM »
A friend of mine published a book called "Alaskan Bear Stories" some years ago. In it was a story about a local hunter out to bag a bear. After trecking all day w/o success he made camp and just incase a bear was around he prepaired himself. Took a slab of bacon and a rope, tied one end to the bacon, the other to his ankle then went to sleep.
Evidently this worked so well that his next trip he was going to try to bag two bears...so he bought two slabs of bacon and two ropes...he is among the 'disappeared' there now ;)

IMO, hunting small game w/ a high powered rifle is tame, use a bow and tactics to get close enough for a kill...THAT takes skill!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2003, 01:59:08 PM by MrLars »

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2003, 02:07:18 PM »
Originally posted by MrLars
A friend of mine published a book called "Alaskan Bear Stories" some years ago.

No toejam?  Tell him I love the book.  A college friend of mine (from AK) had a copy of that book.  It was very popular for bathroom reading because of the short story format.  Great book.  He donated that (dog eared) copy of the book to one of his flatmates and I still read it every time I visit.

Offline Puke

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/barking.pig/puke.htm
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2003, 12:08:23 AM »
Puke what part of this did you miss: "(not for treehuggers)"

Funked, I don't consider myself a tree hugger.  From what I know about coyotes, I can't consider killing one a "rush."

Offline -tronski-

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2003, 09:10:40 AM »
Originally posted by Animal
Is it just me, or does ACME quality seem horrific?
I would never buy their products.

Quality is ok, I think the problem is in application of said products.

Wile Coyote vs. Acme Products

Tronsky
God created Arrakis to train the faithful

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2003, 10:11:47 AM »
Shooting dogs is the ultimate rush ?

And all this time I've been squandering my time and resources in the pursuit of sex .

Offline Puke

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/barking.pig/puke.htm
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2003, 12:38:37 AM »
I killed a spider for my daughter in her shower today.  He was a real mean looking sucker and kept giving me threatening looks.  So I smashed him with my daughter's slipper.  What a rush!!

Offline davidpt40

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2003, 12:41:54 AM »
Killing a coyote in your bathroom, now that would be a rush.  Especially if all you had was an electric razor, some q-tips, a toothbrush and a comb.

Animals and insects are my friends until they enter my home.  Then I send them to hell where they belong.

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2003, 04:24:16 AM »
Hunting poor little defenseless non threatening overgrown rabbits is a thrill?

Well, if you like that, you're gonna toejam all over yourself doing what *I* consider 'kicks':

Notice the head down position. 350 km/h, here I cooooome.

Free flying. Accept NO substitute. Best thing you can do with yer clothes on, and second best you can do with yer clothes off. Or, if you're really good and quick; best thing with clothes off as well :D
« Last Edit: March 09, 2003, 04:28:02 AM by StSanta »

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2003, 01:19:06 PM »
ultralights are kinda fun...
lazs