Author Topic: Friday The 4th  (Read 4361 times)

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
Friday The 4th
« on: April 02, 2003, 03:55:29 PM »
This Friday were going to rerun the Slot set up, it was very popular last time have 100 pluss on some nights so were going to rerun it. The plane set will feature the F4F-4 and the A6M2, with the P40E at one rear base. The plane set is not negotiable:)

The rest of the plane set will be as it was before.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Friday The 4th
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2003, 04:03:05 PM »
blah.  i liked the one that had tonys and hogs as well...  perhaps if the hogs and tonys were semi-limited and perked?
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline keyapaha

• Nickel Member
Friday The 4th
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2003, 04:05:34 PM »
Good Deal:)

Offline najdorf

• Copper Member
Friday The 4th
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2003, 04:42:28 PM »
I'll take a PTO any way I can get it, but please perk the P40e, it really disrupts the balance in the set up.

The F4F4 vs. A6M2 is a good match, wildcat is faster, better diver, better guns and can take a lot of punishment, while the Zeke is the ultimate turn machine.  When you add the P40e you add a plane that, if flown correctly, completely outclasses the zeke.

The practical affect is that as dogfites between wildcats and zekes rage, P40's swoop in taking pot shots at zekes.  As a zeke pilot, if you ignore the P40, he kills you and if you move off the wildcat he gets position on you and probably kills you.

Offline HiJack

• Copper Member
Friday The 4th
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2003, 04:44:53 PM »
I would really like to see some F6s and some F4Us we hardly ever see these in the ct anymore, give the IJN and the IJAA some planes to fly against these, maybe some LW loaners, just something!

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
Friday The 4th
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2003, 04:46:47 PM »
The P40 is limited to one rear base, personaly I dont think perking is very effective in limiting a planes use, people like Shane who are god's in the cockpit will always have enough perks for the good rides:)

The problem with the Late war set up's in the PTO is the  45 to 85 mph spead advantage the Hog's have over thier Japanese counter part's, the Hellcat is Not nearly as bad it is only like around 10mph faster than the George. Unfortunalty HTC Neauterd the George do to allied whines and it is a slug now.

PTO's are very dificult for us to do without creating a lopsided plane set, the F4F-4 vs the A6M2 is the best match up we can do, and even that is porked since most of the planes facing the Wildcats in the slot were A6M3's and HTC has undermodled the effectivenss of the Type 99 MK I cannon's in the A6M2.

The Hellcat and the George set up is on papper prety good, and I am shure we will have somthing coming for this in the future, even the Tony is slower by aprox 20mph than the Hellcat.

Now spead is not everything, but with such huge preformance differences it can be.

Fear not Hog lover's I am shure Hogs will be included in the late war set up's for the PTO.

As I mentioned in an earler post we have a great late war PTO map in the work's, Kantoriee is slaving away on it as we type:)_

If you late war Blue plane types want good match up's campagine for more late war Japanese planes to be added to AH.:)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2003, 05:20:58 PM by brady »

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
Friday The 4th
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2003, 05:28:18 PM »
I sent up the source files on Mon.. got email from Skuzzy this morning that he will build it today or tomarrow.
You will need to re-download terrain.

Fixed A32
removed salvo island.
added or subtracted ships as per Jordi and Skernsk.
Moved ship starting points closer to respective ports.
Some art changes.
Replaced listing for vh hanger being used as fighter hangers to... fighter hangers.. (works now)

Thx Bradys for using the Slot again. I was hoping you would go with all pac.. Just perk the better planes.. f6f and niki..

Offline Red Tail 444

• Gold Member
      • http://www.redtail.org
Friday The 4th
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2003, 05:31:04 PM »
Originally posted by HiJack
I would really like to see some F6s and some F4Us we hardly ever see these in the ct anymore, give the IJN and the IJAA some planes to fly against these, maybe some LW loaners, just something!

F6s? F4Us? huh? what are those???
Brady  j/k (sorta):D

Offline Red Tail 444

• Gold Member
      • http://www.redtail.org
Friday The 4th
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2003, 05:41:34 PM »
Originally posted by brady

PTO's are very dificult for us to do without creating a lopsided plane set...

Fear not Hog lover's I am shure Hogs will be included in the late war set up's for the PTO...

If you late war Blue plane types want good match up's campagine for more late war Japanese planes to be added to AH.:)

Yeah, I know at least ONE guy that wouldnt mind seeing F4U-4's against Ki-84's Nik2's, and the Raiden..but no one ever listens to me...:(

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
Friday The 4th
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2003, 05:56:33 PM »
It is an awsome map 10Bear's.

Offline Dennis

• Nickel Member
Friday The 4th
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2003, 06:07:48 PM »
From the perspective on one who'll be in the a6m-2 all week...I'm with Naj.
Put the P40 at one distant base and perk it.  

You don't think perking effectively limits planes. Fine.  You're entitled to your opinion.  But fwiw, I haven't exactly seen a slew of 51-Ds or Ta-152s this week in the CT.  Coincidence?  Perhaps.  But what's the harm in perking the unbalancing plane?  Let the hot sticks earn it.

Splash1

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
Friday The 4th
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2003, 06:18:03 PM »
Cmon guys the last two PTOs have been P-40 A6M2 Hurri  or P-40 A6M2 F4F.

You got three other Japanese fighters LETS SEE THEM! The A6M2 everytime is a yawner. Give the Allies the F6F, and F-4u1,, give the Japs the A6M5, and Ki-61 three times in a roll is BS!!!!!!!!!
Everytime you do this you limit the Japanese to one stinkin plane it gets boring, and it blows!
For crying out loud I wish they never included the A6M2 in AH. Give us a break!!!!!
Hmmm nope I don't feel better after that rant. One freakin fighter to choose from on is BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
Friday The 4th
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2003, 06:21:07 PM »
P40E is around 276 on the deck and the A6m2 is around 275 on the deck. Most combat takes place low.

The plane( P40E) is limited to one rear base, as I mentioned above twice.

The P40E is not an unbalancing plane, we have run set up's with it and the A6M2 as the primary rides, it is limited mostly in this set up do to the fact that the set up is intended to focuse on the F4F-4 vs the Zero.

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
Friday The 4th
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2003, 06:24:22 PM »
lowe, I am sory you feal this way i wish we had more tools to work with.

We also had A Huge attandance with this set up last time it ran.

As I mentioned above:

The problem with the Late war set up's in the PTO is the 45 to 85 mph spead advantage the Hog's have over thier Japanese counter part's, the Hellcat is Not nearly as bad it is only like around 10mph faster than the George. Unfortunalty HTC Neauterd the George do to allied whines and it is a slug now.

PTO's are very dificult for us to do without creating a lopsided plane set, the F4F-4 vs the A6M2 is the best match up we can do, and even that is porked since most of the planes facing the Wildcats in the slot were A6M3's and HTC has undermodled the effectivenss of the Type 99 MK I cannon's in the A6M2.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2003, 06:28:00 PM by brady »

Offline Skyfoxx

• Silver Member
Friday The 4th
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2003, 08:30:26 PM »
Unfortunalty HTC Neauterd the George do to allied whines and it is a slug now.

Right.. whatever makes you sleep at night. :rolleyes:

HTC has undermodled the effectivenss of the Type 99 MK I cannon's in the A6M2.

Gee! Someone better tell TheBug this. Wasn't that long ago I saw him land a streak of 5 with the A6M2.

Well at least it's PTO anyway.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2003, 08:32:48 PM by Skyfoxx »
"Consider your own fortunes gentlemen the deepest circle of hell is reserved for traitors and mutineers."