Author Topic: Friday The 4th  (Read 4359 times)

Offline HiJack

• Copper Member
Friday The 4th
« Reply #90 on: April 04, 2003, 01:45:06 PM »
All i said was, sure would be nice to fly the F6 and F4U in the CT, no matter what the axis flew, sure are alot of guys out there that hate the blue planes, oh well, I will fly what Brady gives, and once again thanks to all the guys that make the ct possible.

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
Friday The 4th
« Reply #91 on: April 04, 2003, 02:02:58 PM »
Hijack,

You can ask for whatever you want. Feedback is good for the cms. My participation in this particular thread is limited to the stated topic. "Friday the 4th". This involves the planes for this set up. As to future late war pac set ups theres another thread, which I am not participating in. There are other CT CMS who may run such a set up. If they do I just wont fly in them. I am not gonna continue whine and try to bully them into getting my way like some of the allied whiners in this thread.

Brady has been my squadmate for 2 years I know he understands that adding the F4U-1 to the current set up is not a good thing to do. Especially, in light of what happened last time. Also as I stated the only reason this particular match up is back in rotation so soon is because theres a new build of the map and we would like it to be tested for an upcoming scenario.

Its 1 week. In late war pac setups I have enjoyed the ki-61 f6f fights when they happen but unfortunately it always ends up like a dog chasing his tail. Run around circles until you get bored.

Late war pac setups have had consistant lo numbers and as much as they may appeal to a certain "special interest group" they have no appeal to others. I am sure the other ct cms have read this thread and may take a different direction then Brady.

The last time this setup ran it seemed popular the few times I had a chance to fly in it.

I think the best thing to do would be continue in the other thread before this one gets "Hijack'd" any further. :)

Offline 1Duke1

• Silver Member
Friday The 4th
« Reply #92 on: April 04, 2003, 03:37:19 PM »
I think if you get the Tomcat we ought to at least get the N1K2!

We gonna get the Tom????  I think I can still remember how to get that baby started:D

Now landing it at night on the CV.....well.....that's a different story:rolleyes:
Duke

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Friday The 4th
« Reply #93 on: April 04, 2003, 03:46:42 PM »
Dont worrry Duke. I will use my powers as a member of a "speacial intrest group" to whine away night time permanently.  <>:D

Offline Tuck

• Copper Member
      • http://hometown.aol.com/tuck0006/
Friday The 4th
« Reply #94 on: April 04, 2003, 04:03:41 PM »
awwwwww man!  where's my 109?!  pooey!:mad:

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
Friday The 4th
« Reply #95 on: April 04, 2003, 04:15:39 PM »
LOL, I haven't seen this much "whining" since I visited Napa valley.  And that Tomcat comment by slash was the line of the thread, !!!
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline HiJack

• Copper Member
Friday The 4th
« Reply #96 on: April 04, 2003, 04:17:09 PM »
Know what Batz, your right,and thank you for showing me the error of my ways, srry Brady didnt mean to mess things up, next time ill be sure to post in the correct thread.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Friday The 4th
« Reply #97 on: April 04, 2003, 04:32:22 PM »
Thank you, thank you  Im here till thursday  <>:D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Friday The 4th
« Reply #98 on: April 04, 2003, 05:09:41 PM »
No pissy-boy ... I mentioned how Brady, at the slightest hint of a threat to the axis in a PAC CT setup jumps through hoops to keep you dry and content. The Ki was being ferried in just as much but .... nooooo ... it's them there allied players "abusing" (by using) a plane in the setup. R*O*F*L

Wotan: (whiney voice) F4Uuuuuu! F4Uuuuuu baaaad! Youuuuu guys are the ones whiiIIIIiiiinin. I'm not whIIIIiiiiIIInin. You're whIIIiiiiIIInin!

:D

Originally posted by Batz
No Arlo you are still whining like a little squeak over the fact Brady took the F4U-1 out of this set up last time.

Then it was an F4U-1 vrs the a6m2.

Offline lowrider96

• Zinc Member
Friday The 4th
« Reply #99 on: April 04, 2003, 05:25:11 PM »
WHEN THEY ASK AT WORK WHAT I DID ON MY DAY OFF I AM NOT TELLING THEM I READ THE BBS ALL DAY ROFLMAO FROM A GAME I PLAY ON THE COMPUTER, CAUSE THEY WOULD HAVE ME LOCKED UP. WAY TO GO SLASH. AND HIJACK IM BEHIND YOU ALL THE WAY.

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Friday The 4th
« Reply #100 on: April 04, 2003, 05:54:01 PM »
I didnt ask for the F4U-1 to be added to the current setup. We are asking for a Solomons setup "at some point" with the F4U-1 and Ki-61 enabled as the primary protagonists. Thats all.  As for others, well, their posts are their own.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Friday The 4th
« Reply #101 on: April 04, 2003, 06:01:28 PM »
I'm gone for only one week and look what happens!!!!

Hey Lowejg, see if I leave you in charge of the CT again :D

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
Friday The 4th
« Reply #102 on: April 04, 2003, 07:14:26 PM »
"I didnt ask for the F4U-1 to be added to the current setup. We are asking for a Solomons setup "at some point" with the F4U-1 and Ki-61 enabled as the primary protagonists. Thats all. As for others, well, their posts are their own."

Which would not be a balanced set imo.

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
Friday The 4th
« Reply #103 on: April 04, 2003, 08:29:23 PM »
whine on Arlo

Poor little whiner doesnt get his F4U-1 to club the baby a6m2 seals. What a shame. Its bradys setup and guess what, he can  add or delete any plane he wants. So what if you dont like it.

I dont think he cares anymore then I do.

Offline Miska

• Copper Member
Friday The 4th
« Reply #104 on: April 05, 2003, 06:02:59 AM »
Always the same basic question:  Is it about balanced gameplay or historical flavour?

If both sides fly Solomons historically, that is if the Japanese fly point defense and the Allies fly aggressive local air sup, then F4U-1 vs Ki61 is eminently playable.  The Allies can survive any fight, but can they control a sector?  The Japanese can control any sector, but can they survive the fight?

If everyone just furballs, well that's a different story.  I don't get the people who complain that the Japanese just end up chasing dots.  You shouldn't be chasing them!  If they are running away, you've won!  Grab and do your CAP dog legs.  If they come back, make them run again.  Ask yourself:  Could they get bombers through right now with us intercepting them?  If the answer is no, you're doing splendidly.  If you ask yourself how many corsairs you've shot down, you're asking yourself the wrong question.

If Squire's setup was in effect, I would fly Japanese all week.