Author Topic: What Happened?  (Read 1528 times)

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
What Happened?
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2003, 02:05:36 PM »
Originally posted by Boroda
What subtlety?

Are you seriously expecting mr. Bush saying "Excuse me, we didn't find any WMD in Iraq, so UN inspectors, Russians, French and German were right"?... ...

Just as I would expect to see Germany, France, and Russia to predictably claim that any WMD found was planted.  

I mean, do you seriously expect Mr. Putin, Chirac, etc to say "Excuse me, we see you found WMD in Iraq, so US, you were right?"

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
What Happened?
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2003, 02:15:05 PM »
It's exactly what our goverments meant: we need more inspections to convince Iraq in posessing WMD. Not war, but inspections.

Violence is a last refuge of incompetence.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
What Happened?
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2003, 02:19:13 PM »
but , boroda , we are having inspections, the US/UK troops are doing the inspections.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
What Happened?
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2003, 02:19:32 PM »

Violence is a last refuge of incompetence.

Although I disagree with the use of the word "refuge" I will agree that violence is the final action taken as the result of incompitence.  In this case, the incompitence falls squarely on the shoulders of the United Nations.

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
What Happened?
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2003, 02:24:00 PM »
Hmm.

Officially the most widely used language is Chinese.

Oh yes, I'm allways meeting people who aren't chinese that are speaking chinese, all over the world . Africa, South America, North America Europe, Australia, these places are just chock full of people who understand chinese. And if you really want to become proficient with modern software you'd better damn well understand chinese .

Oh,btw, there is no chinese language .

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
What Happened?
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2003, 02:41:19 PM »
Originally posted by Suave
Oh yes, I'm allways meeting people who aren't chinese that are speaking chinese, all over the world . Africa, South America, North America Europe, Australia, these places are just chock full of people who understand chinese. And if you really want to become proficient with modern software you'd better damn well understand chinese .

Oh,btw, there is no chinese language .

You have to forgive Baroda, every argument he has used is now null, so he's frantically grasping at straws.

Russian arms in Iraq:  Destroyed.
WMD:  Found
Iraqi citizens for Saddam:  Uprising
Coalition taking huge casualties:  Sitting in Baghdad

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
What Happened?
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2003, 02:53:39 PM »
Mandarin Chinese is spoken by more people than any other language.

Including English.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
What Happened?
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2003, 02:55:35 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target

Including English.

and your point?

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
What Happened?
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2003, 03:02:58 PM »

Including English.

yeah but in how many countries?

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
What Happened?
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2003, 03:07:00 PM »
LOL

Dam gentlemen.... it is entirely possible Boroda could actually be correct about something... even if it is the most common language in the world. Get a grip fer cryin out loud.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
What Happened?
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2003, 03:09:27 PM »
LOL

Dam gentlemen.... it is entirely possible Boroda could actually be correct about something... even if it is the most common language in the world. Get a grip fer cryin out loud.

Ok, I'll grant him that.

Chinese is the most common language spoken in China.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
What Happened?
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2003, 03:14:41 PM »
Most widely spoken.

Spoken by largest amount of people.

Two very different claims.

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
What Happened?
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2003, 05:42:40 AM »
Scooterr, I can relate to yer feelings. Oddly enough, it seems as if yuor own media (like CNN) has been particularly happy about what they saw as a flaw in the US plan. The media went over it like wolves, and the anti-war crowd got a kick out of it.

I find that disgusting. Even the anti-war crowd must know that a swift US victory will mean less suffering for all parts - be they US/British soldiers, Iraqii soldiers, or civilians and journalists.

I can relate to your feelings. The thing is on these and other boards you either get one extreme or the other it seems. Either you have pro-war dominance which quickly makes any argument degenerate into 'child killers' or you have a pro war crowd which turns into 'hah, look at those corpses; they sure ain't so high 'n fancy now!'.

I hope for and expect a relatively quick victory for the Coalition in this war. Of late we've seen evidence of Iraqis starting to understand that the Coalition WILL rid Iraq of their current regime. If the Coaliton does a decent job here at rebuilding, I think it'll work out ok. If they do what they did in Afghanistan - essentially semi-securing the capital and little else - then expect to see Iraq engulfed in a civil war as different ethnic groups try to claim the land for themselves, and in doing so, will opress the newly liberated people

Bush said during his election campaign that h wasn't interested in 'nation building'. It was one way he distinguished himself from Gore. I am therefore a bit worried about how much money he's gonna put behind his words. The war is the easy bit; keeping the peace and winning democracy is gonna be tough. Hope the current administration has the subtle diplomatic presence to do so; from what I've seen so far, Bush doesn't. It is possible that his advisors do, however.

Offline SC-Sp00k

• Nickel Member
What Happened?
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2003, 06:08:45 AM »
Originally posted by john9001
that is why english/american is the most widely used language in the world.

English/American   :)

Just English John. Theres no such thing as English/American.  

Unless perhaps your from Texas.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
What Happened?
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2003, 06:19:56 AM »
Mhh, I thought the most spoken language was Spanish... go figure.
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.