Author Topic: What Happened?  (Read 1527 times)

Offline Scootter

• Silver Member
What Happened?
« on: April 07, 2003, 09:52:17 AM »
What happened to the we gonna loose our @!S posts??

What happened to the grave yard in the city posts??

What happened to the Fox and CNN is all lies posts?

What happened to them? huh? what ?

What happened to no WMD what ?

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=578&e=1&cid=578&u=/nm/20030407/ts_nm/iraq_usa_cache_dc

and the 4th I.D.  is still on the way

am and Boroda  could you be wrong?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2003, 01:08:23 PM by Scootter »

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
What Happened?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2003, 09:59:01 AM »
They are all planted, you see the US army found them so they cannot be trusted. The lies have allready begun!

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
What Happened?
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2003, 11:37:59 AM »
boroda still thinks the US/UK will lose

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
What Happened?
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2003, 11:51:01 AM »
Scooterr, I find your attitude somewhat disturbing, since I assume you're a grown up man.

What is with this gleeful 'shut the f*ck up' 'told you so' happiness at discovering these things? Or all things - sure Americans are pissed beause SOME European countries opposed the US way of handling the situation, but is that a Carte Blanche (French word, some US types might wish to boycott me now for using it :)) ensuring that childish behaviour is perfectly acceptable in a (I presume) adult environment?

It's just downright awful. The fact that we all knew or suspected he had them doesn't change a thing. We cannot know if more inspections would have resulted in a find - even though most would call the chances low.

Let us be adults here for a bit. I am sick and tired of seeing grown men act like 13 year old kids and yell STFU and GFY or whatever. It may be a very satisfying emotional feeling, but when you're a grown man,  you should have the cognitive abilities and control over your emotions to instead of throwing childish insults around focus on the consequences of finds in an objective manner.

The Iraqis so far have put up more resistance than was initially expected. Their propaganda is full of lies and they cannot live up to their claims. Instead of pointing my finger at them and saying 'hahahahahah loooooosers nyahnyahnyahnyahnyah', I'd suggest a more mature evaluation of the events as they have progressed would be: 'war is going good. Soon, the Iraqis will experience true freedom, despite the baseless claims of their opressive tyrants of leaders'.

Might just be me, but I am a bit sick of the sandbox mentality expressed by some. People who boast and mock in such a manner generally fail to impress me - and what is the point of boasting if it actually detracts, rather than adds, value?

Continuing in the same way, I wonder about how an eventual war with North Korea would be like. Lots of hills, lots of good places to hide, a well equipped, well trained enemy. Instead relatively flat desert, conditions idea for IR targetting, second rate troops for the most part. Bush is smart for taking the diplomatic way there - if you can call stone walling diplomacy. Dunno where the hurt in talking directly to NK would be - oh yes, then the US woud be 'bullied' into talking and we can't have that.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
What Happened?
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2003, 12:02:39 PM »
"""Carte Blanche (French word, some US types might wish to boycott me now for using it""""

americans use french words , also latin, hispanic, german, african,italian,and words from many more countries, even some english words, the american language is a open language that readly accepts new words (even invents new words) unlike french which is a closed language.

that is why english/american is the most widely used language in the world.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
What Happened?
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2003, 12:30:14 PM »
Originally posted by john9001
"""Carte Blanche (French word, some US types might wish to boycott me now for using it""""

americans use french words , also latin, hispanic, german, african,italian,and words from many more countries, even some english words, the american language is a open language that readly accepts new words (even invents new words) unlike french which is a closed language.

only thing missing from this post is a "nanner nanner".

Nice post Santa.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
What Happened?
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2003, 12:32:09 PM »
Scooter, I wouldn't exactly start celebrations quite yet, theres a long road ahead.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
What Happened?
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2003, 12:41:55 PM »

Hmm.

Officially the most widely used language is Chinese.

I want to know if it is an anti-american post too.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: What Happened?
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2003, 12:47:52 PM »
Originally posted by Scootter
What happened to the we gonna loose our @!S posts??

What happened to the grave yard in the city posts??

What happened to the Fox and CNN is all lies posts?

What happened to them? huh? what ?

What happened to no WMD what ?

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=578&e=1&cid=578&u=/nm/20030407/ts_nm/iraq_usa_cache_dc

IN YOUR FACE

and the 4th I.D.  is still on the way

it is just reduklles is all :p

am and Boroda   shut the duck up!!!

Alex is already shut.

I am not, and hope I will not be.

What else did you expect? Intervents are surely going to make up some "evidence" of Iraqi WMD to justify an agression and thousands of civilian casualities.

Such things are pretty obvious. Absolutely no surprise.

I wonder if they will use chemical weapons somewhere at the front to make things more believable. I hope they won't.

:( :( :(

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
What Happened?
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2003, 12:50:00 PM »
santa is already predicting war with NK and the US will lose.

Offline Scootter

• Silver Member
What Happened?
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2003, 01:04:33 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
Scooter, I wouldn't exactly start celebrations quite yet, theres a long road ahead.

No question Rip,

I have been reading so many negative posts here about how we will fail and how we are failing and why we will fail, I only am asking now where are they?

I don't in any way mean to gloat, as many have died in this conflict. I would only hold my breath for a " gee maybe you were right US" post.

I guess the only thanks we will get may come from the free Iraqis.

I have served this country and if I seem happy that the majority of the fighting is almost over, I offer no apology.

I am proud of the troops successes so far and hope for there
safe return.

StSanta,

Thank you ,
         You have a point about my post, and in some ways you are right. I have read the drivel exposed here and the anti American posts for many weeks to the point of nausea. The Sand box reference is not totally inaccurate, however please try to understand my frustration in this matter.
     The situation with NK is totally different due mostly to the possession of Nuclear weapons and must be handled differently (and will be). This is the reason we needed to act before Saddam obtained a Nuclear weapon.

I will refrain from the childish moments of pride in my troops and my country, but I ask you to be there when others feel the need to say things like we planted the WMD and the US had its bellybutton handed to it.  You write with such elegance and seem to be very well versed in getting your point across, I will look forward to seeing you more often in these posts.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
What Happened?
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2003, 01:16:22 PM »
STsanta quote:"Continuing in the same way, I wonder about how an eventual war with North Korea would be like. Lots of hills, lots of good places to hide, a well equipped, well trained enemy. Instead relatively flat desert, conditions idea for IR targetting, second rate troops for the most part. Bush is smart for taking the diplomatic way there - if you can call stone walling diplomacy. Dunno where the hurt in talking directly to NK would be - oh yes, then the US woud be 'bullied' into talking and we can't have that."

NK is nearly bankrupt.  All the well trained troops in the  world will not avail you if you cannot feed them in the field or keep their vehicles full of fuel.  On a conventional level, NK would prove to be little challenge to the U.S.   Now... there's this nuclear thing.....

Boroda, You're too predictable.. you need to work on your "America is always in the wrong" strategy.  Claiming we planted WMD the moment we find some is way too easy to see coming.  You better spend some time with your propaganda department to learn some subtlety.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
What Happened?
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2003, 01:54:37 PM »

So I didn't park my car in a "parking" when going to a "pizzeria"  to eat  ?
And I'm not using a "joystick"' when I'm playing AH ?

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
What Happened?
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2003, 01:55:13 PM »
Originally posted by Steve
Boroda, You're too predictable.. you need to work on your "America is always in the wrong" strategy.  Claiming we planted WMD the moment we find some is way too easy to see coming.  You better spend some time with your propaganda department to learn some subtlety.

What subtlety?

Are you seriously expecting mr. Bush saying "Excuse me, we didn't find any WMD in Iraq, so UN inspectors, Russians, French and German were right"?... After all that hysteria that I see even here?

America is right in many things. Examples: stopping their aid to Taliban and trying to restore order in Afghanistan, declaring war on terrorism (in fact - joining it), etc.

In the case of invasion in Iraq - it is a "big mistake" (c) V.V. Putin. You see, I sometimes agree even with our ex-KGB president...

Offline Montezuma

• Silver Member
What Happened?
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2003, 01:58:13 PM »
Originally posted by Scootter

I have been reading so many negative posts here about how we will fail and how we are failing and why we will fail, I only am asking now where are they?

I didn't see messages predicting failure, only that it was a bad idea.