Author Topic: Fighter Town  (Read 4087 times)

Offline Modas

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
Fighter Town
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2003, 10:37:58 AM »
Fighter Town YEAH!!!!!!!

Its got my vote.  I loved FT in aw :D

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Fighter Town
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2003, 11:35:45 AM »
well... anything is better than the ever more boring new maps.... the only thing the new maps are good for is long conversations on channel one about important political views.    Good also for those who have chores around the house that need to be done while playing AH.
lazs

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Fighter Town
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2003, 12:08:39 PM »
If there was a fighter town, I don't think the MA is the place for it - I never did like that idea in AW.  It should be in a separate arena - the duelling arena would be ideal, I think.  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
Fighter Town
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2003, 12:26:37 PM »
Originally posted by Flossy
If there was a fighter town, I don't think the MA is the place for it - I never did like that idea in AW.  It should be in a separate arena - the duelling arena would be ideal, I think.  :)

Then "tank town" should be in the DA as well.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Fighter Town
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2003, 12:38:58 PM »
exactly furious.... your point becomes even more important as we get "AH2"  the "missun arena"....  If fighting isn't right for the MA then what is?
lazs

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
Fighter Town
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2003, 12:54:45 PM »
Originally posted by Sikboy
Maybe you could just get people together on a certain time/night and start going to the toilet bowl in the DA. If it catches on, and proves to be popular, maybe it will get worked in sometime.

Longest field distances in the MA are shorter than those distances.

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
Fighter Town
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2003, 01:05:06 PM »
Originally posted by ccvi
Longest field distances in the MA are shorter than those distances.

really? I hadn't noticed. We've done this sort of thing out there before and it seemed to work just fine, even with limited numbers (under 10). Until +Dead just started killing me over and over, so I logged and went to the MA lol.

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Fighter Town
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2003, 01:26:10 PM »
Originally posted by Furious

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sounds like a good plan to me. ;)
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Fighter Town
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2003, 01:28:44 PM »
Yep, I'd love to see a map with a portion of it in the MA as a fightertown, that's fields cannot be captured and doesn't affect reset.

Loved it in AW was always fun to just go in and die quickly and repeatedly..where sometimes now I have to wait 10-15 minutes to die now...I usually switch to another computer and surf while the plane takes so much time to get to a fight right now..

if not mountains keeping it away from the general then just put it out in the ocean by itself and limit the fuel to 50% so no one can fly to the mainland from there..and no bombers can lift off.

Originally posted by Furious
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
Fighter Town
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2003, 01:54:15 PM »
I'm guessing AH2 will put an end to all the planeset/fightertown/perk this plane/feild distance whines.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Fighter Town
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2003, 02:05:46 PM »
Originally posted by Flossy

you don't have to fly in it. and why would you want to try and spread the player base?  c'mon flossy, you of all people, should be aware by now that people go where the #'s are.

it'd be a place for a hop or 2 or 3 by some before/after they move elsewhere on the great hamstard wheel without the bs of having to log in/out of various arenas. of course some would just "live" in that FT area, just like some seem to live in tank town.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Fighter Town
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2003, 06:06:46 PM »
Maybe you could just get people together on a certain time/night and start going to the toilet bowl in the DA. If it catches on, and proves to be popular, maybe it will get worked in sometime.

-Sik

I had suggested that to some others that were wanting HiTech to add a Fighter Town arena but most complained that the layout of the map, especially the toilet bowl area in the corner.  Maybe a map like the old Small Euro map from AW would be better suited for a Fighter Town like arena.

Ack-Ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline SELECTOR

• Gold Member
      • http://www.332viking.com
Fighter Town
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2003, 06:19:36 PM »
you already got one... go to the Duel Arena and you will find an area on the right with 3 airbases... ifyou get a few people to come in more follow.. i was in there a few nights ago with some squadmates and because people must have seen there were a few in DA, they came to check it out, and stayed..:)

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Fighter Town
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2003, 09:26:54 PM »
Until +Dead just started killing me over and over, so I logged and went to the MA lol.

I hate when he does that to me!  :mad:

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
Fighter Town
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2003, 09:56:45 AM »
I'd fly in it. Maybe have early/mid/late war restricted areas as well?
Army of Muppets